• (reserved for other nominations)

3 2.29%

1 0.76%

1 0.76%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Choice 1: SW CO: Telluride-Silverton-Taos.
    I think this would be cool. How far between Taos and the CO places?

my votes for jackson /targhee

bridger is a blast but Big Lie has problems

the colorado thing would be cool...a few days split between
    wolf creek, silverton, telluride,crusty butte, purg,
    most of time at wolf creek and silverton.
    stay in southwest not as much driving.
    airport and beer in durango.
    they got beds there too.
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

3 hours from Taos to Silverton.

And regarding the PNW being a bit more spread out, well, OK, it is. But it might be considered.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

IF I had to choose I would vote CO or UT just because of proximity and variation of multiple areas.

Silverton might not be a great idea unless they get their unguided access permit thingy. Could you see a horde of maggots skiing behind a guide and stopping every few hundred yards and not being allowed to chuk themselves off of just about anything in site?
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Originally posted by Vinman
    Silverton might not be a great idea unless they get their unguided access permit thingy. Could you see a horde of maggots skiing behind a guide and stopping every few hundred yards and not being allowed to chuk themselves off of just about anything in site?
    This is an unrealistic snapshot of the place. Try to be fair and evaluate it firsthand.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Thumbs up

I am way into the San Juans idea also. Silverton, Telluride and Taos with plenty of BC options would be an ideal summit IMO.

Jackson is also a winner.

Buster I was not trying to be unfair to Silverton. I can only go on what I have read on the boards here as I have never been there. And by the reputation of the maggots when they get toghther in mass. I guess that makes me unqualified to actually make the statement that I did. I personally would love to go to Silverton and would have no problem following a guide around for the first day. But if I were to go there for multiple days I would want a bit more freedom to explore
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Originally posted by iceman
    Nelson?
    We did that last year. I seem to remember somebody missing.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it again (hence the question mark). I really want to get back there.

tahoe? [/iceman]
    fine

Jackson/Targhee would be incredible, and its only like 4 hours to bozeman and 4 hours to slc right? thats very doable.

I say:

1. Whistler. My buddy here has a family member that is involved with Heli, and cat skiing operations there.

2. Banff, Sunshine Village, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke

3. Aspen

4. Jackson/Targhee.

ummm, can I offer a really out there suggestion? What about having a Summit on the East coast? We could center it around burlington where Jay, Smugglers, Stowe, MRG, and Sugarbush are all within easy drives. I realize that this will never happen because a. not enough maggots live out here to make it convenient, and b. all the Utah/Tahoe maggots would never be able to ski anything out east because skiing pow every day makes you guys a bunch of cream puffs
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Originally posted by laseranimal
    ummm, can I offer a really out there suggestion? What about having a Summit on the East coast? We could center it around burlington where Jay, Smugglers, Stowe, MRG, and Sugarbush are all within easy drives. I realize that this will never happen because a. not enough maggots live out here to make it convenient, and b. all the Utah/Tahoe maggots would never be able to ski anything out east because skiing pow every day makes you guys a bunch of cream puffs
    Ya know Laser you do have a point. Doesn't seem fair that summits can only be held on the west coast.

Originally posted by TJ.Brk
    Ya know Laser you do have a point. Doesn't seem fair that summits can only be held on the west coast.
    agreed, the EC gets no love. It'll never happen though, even though those mountains are awesome.

How about this

Since next year will be the first summit i will be able to attend (you bastards keep holding them the week before my spring break), i figure i better give my idea.

Rent a bunch of RV's and chase storms for a week. Take over resorts all over the west as the snow falls. Kind of a 'maggots to the powder' tour.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

If not the EC then Jackson would be pretty sweet, we might make the next TGR movie!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Considering that MRG is currently reporting a base depth of 4"...

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier
    I'd like to nominate Ohio as the destination for the 2005 Summit.
    Cleveland right? I hear it rocks...
    I froze your tears and made a dagger. - David Brent

Originally posted by laseranimal
    I realize that this will never happen because a. not enough maggots live out here to make it convenient,
    What? Haven't you been paying attention?

Burlington is a great idea. How many of us back East have never made a summit because we can't afford airfare? You can drive from SLC to Tahoe in 8 hours. It takes substantially longer from Boston.

[smack talk] We'll see how tough you guys really are when you are facing a 35 degree field of icy VW Beetles at MRG[/smacktalk]
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

You can fly directly into Jackson...but what does that run? I dont think Jackson has a greyhound stop, so fly into SLC and rent cars?

Is the plan for the same dates? Shit, looks like I might have to give myself two spring breaks.

Jackson has a two (I think) direct flights from Minneapolis per day... That's be good for me, once I go back to hell next year...

Well, all the Delta flights into Jackson are on Skywest, which means a stop in SLC to get there; kind of ironic...

But I'd be all over a Jackson Summit...

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier
    I'd like to nominate Ohio as the destination for the 2005 Summit.
    I represent that comment.

But, hopefully not by the time I actually have to start thinking about this.

Originally posted by Plakespear

[smack talk] We'll see how tough you guys really are when you are facing a 35 degree field of icy VW Beetles at MRG[/smacktalk]
    Let's see how you feel when 4 people come that arn't from the eastcoast becuase no one wants to ski your hockey rinks, the 4 of which are, Brett AKA huge air dog, bakerboy, Ted, and iceman.
    No.