View Poll Results: How should we regulate fire arms?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban ALL Guns and remove them from the face of the Earth

6 5.71%
  • Allow ONLY hunting rifles and shotguns.

10 9.52%
  • Fuck It!! Allow all guns to be legal.

42 40.00%
  • Magicaly eliminate violence from society.

7 6.67%
  • Turn in all guns, melt them down and make a musket for every man,woman,and child.

4 3.81%
  • Don't change anything.

13 12.38%
  • Spook is a Grade A Fagknob Douchenozzle.

8 7.62%
  • Who cares. Gimme some Cheesy Bacon Popcorn.

15 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Actually, maybe rampant alcohol abuse is the reason there aren't more gun related homocides in Finland. Pretty hard to be accurate with any firearm if you so wasted you can barely walk.
    Being a professional drunk, means that you can lug two bottles of Vodka and still hit a nickel from 100 yards away...
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

I voted ban all guns.

Reality is they should remove all hand, semi, and auto guns.

Hunting guns should only be in hands of people who passed a stringent background check, passed a gun safety course, psych. profile, and of course pay an inflated fee to make this happen.
    The only other guns are the cops.

If caught in violation, subject to both hands removed.

Ought to save a few innocent people after this law kicks in.:
    If I had a nickel for every wave I caught, I would have a shit load of nickels.

Squatch Guest
    this thread took a lame turn

Quote Originally Posted by greenroom View Post
    The only other guns are the cops.

If
    I hope my sarcasm detector is broken?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You're kinkier than I thought you were.

Oh, and I voted to keep the laws the same, but just for the record, I'd like to say that I also think spook is a tool.
    im not really sure how liking to hunt deer makes me kinky? but i will take it anyways
    deer season where i live is killer. how can waking up at 4am and havin a good time with a bunch of western pa rednecks not be fun?

interesting poll results.... only 20% in favor of more restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    interesting poll results.... only 20% in favor of more restrictions
    like my dad used to say, statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal is interesting. what they conceal is crucial.

i favor more restrictions on guns, but the poll only addressed restricting the types of guns that could be sold. so i didnt vote. i am more interested in restricting who gets them. i dont care if its a pistol, assault rifle, 500 rd magazine, whatever. if you are sane and not a felon, have at it.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    I happen to believe in "Peace Through Pork". If everyone stopped shooting each other and just enjoyed some bacon....What a wonderful world that would be.
    Fucking conservatives, always trying to erode porcine rights.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by powderchick View Post
    i would like to see the laws stay the same

im dont plan on giving up my guns anytime soon
    fuck deer season is one of the best times of the year
    You fuck deers ?
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

deer, frog.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

I've learnt something today.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    like my dad used to say, statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal is interesting. what they conceal is crucial.

i favor more restrictions on guns, but the poll only addressed restricting the types of guns that could be sold. so i didnt vote. i am more interested in restricting who gets them. i dont care if its a pistol, assault rifle, 500 rd magazine, whatever. if you are sane and not a felon, have at it.
    Yea, um, that would be EXACTLY what goes on now...so.... you're voting for not changing anything.

Yea, um, that would be EXACTLY what goes on now...so.... you're voting for not changing anything.
    Bunk. You put up a retarded and slanted poll. Nonsensical, but amusing in a sick way. However, I was shocked you did not include some racial slur against Native Americans, or some other minority you fear is stealing your birthright, as part of the poll. Just for consistency and all...

Oh, also among the poll's flaws, you left out one obvious and manifestly true choice:

- Spook is smarter, better educated and more informed than AsheanMT

What part of the current gun laws don't you understand? What about all the states that are under the control of the aluminum foil hatted liberals that still have all the gun control laws in place? What has changed in those venues---very little.

What you don't seem to understand is that there is a portion of the general population that is willing to break the law. As the population of the US and world increases, the number of law breakers and whackos increases proportionatly. Spurred on my the liberal tin-hatted media.

BTW, I can't buy a new Colt M-4, or a new FN 240-Bravo, or a new Ma Deuce. Used to be able to do that, but not now. I am relegated to paying $15,000 for a pre-86 M-16 that sells for $800. I would like to have a GE-Minigun, but I don't want to pay $325,000 for it. (I passed up buying the one used in Terminator for $115,000 a few years ago). And if you want stats, find out how many crimes have been committed with lawfully owned and possessed NFA firearms. The most restricted class of weapons out there, all of which are owned by the most sane.

Ken
    Last edited by TNKen; 04-23-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    this thread took a lame turn
    Interesting, I didn't even think it needed to turn to get there.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I didn't want to get too into this but wanted to point out that while in general gun owners who otherwise really frown on a lot of "gun control" are only too happy to get NFA/CCW status, arguably both extremely sucessful versions of "gun control."
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Interesting, I didn't even think it needed to turn to get there.
    If telephil posted here, then there would be no need for anyone to ever post again.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

no, i'm not and no, it is not exactly what is going on. dont try to blame me for your flawed poll.

as i posted above, the VT shooter passed a background check for a hand gun even though he had been declared a danger to himself and others. the technology is weak and the information sharing between different government bodies is even weaker. the gao has investigated and found numerous loopholes for getting past background checks. i dont know about for background checks, but i know that the algorithm for the TSA no fly checks is rudimentary, based on 60s technology and highly prone to false positives. and i also know the fbi has had numerous problems and outages with their system.

in many states, gun shows are exempt from background checks.
    i dont know of any states that require a background check for private sales.

in most instances the penalties for a felon in possesion of a firearm and penalties for providing a firearm to someone who should not have it are not very severe. these penalties should be strongly enhanced. as long as gun dealers treat background checks like checking id for a pack of smokes, criminals will be able to easily get guns.

and also, i dont favor any restrictions on the types of guns available. so i guess i am for both more and fewer restrictions.
    Ben Franklin

how bout making every firearm be registered to a specific owner and if it is ever used in a crime or an accidental manslaughter case by a minor, the owner of the gun goes to jail for matter what the circumstances are? And we need to do away with that 2nd amendment, gun ownership should not be a right, it should be a privilege that comes with responsibility and not a right that comes no matter what. When someone abuses the 1st ammendment the get embarrassed, when someone abuses the 4th ammendment he gets reelected, if someone abuses the 21st ammendment they end up with a headache but if someone abuses the 2nd someone ends up dead.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Thank you AKpowmonk for that inane moronic post.

(Finland has the highest homocide rate per capita in Western Europe, BTW)
    Funny, Finland has the third highest guns per capita in the world.

Interesting that they have a high homicide rate too.

Not that the two could be related, or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post

Yeahbut - Finland has the 1st highest number of saunas per capita in the world.

See what I'm getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post

Only 14% of the homicides in Finland were with firearms in 2004. In the US ? 67% in 2004. We're much happier using our weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Only 14% of the homicides in Finland were with firearms in 2004.
    Yeahbut - how many homocides involved saunas?

I think you see where I'm going with this.

Yeahbut - how many homocides involved saunas?

I think you see where I'm going with this.
    High gun ownership (in Finland and US), high crime. But guns prevent crime.

I think you see where I'm going with this