Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2007 NBA Playoffs

To be honest, I usually don't give a goddamn about the NBA playoffs, but this year, this year...

Waaarriorrssss... Come Out and Playy-i-aay!

So it sucks being a GS fan, especially for the past 13 years. Sure, unlikely that they'll make it all the way, but ending the drought is a start and a good thing.

And sure, Dallas is a better team, but the Warriors are 3-0 against them this year. They're 16-5 down the stretch with big wins against other good teams. Davis is finally healthy, Richardson is on a mission, Harrington and Jackson are firing on all cylinders.

Go go Golden State!

........................^^^^

Look at those two fools.. They represent everything that is wrong with the NBA.

On the other hand... The Pistons represent teamwork, defense, and hard work.

Root for Chauncey... he's from CO.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Sadly my favorite Wizards aren't going to do much with both all-stars injured.

I like Chicago actually, I think they could make some noise in the east. I am thinking Dallas out west looks pretty strong.

People still WATCH the NBA? huh, who knew........?

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    People still WATCH the NBA? huh, who knew........?
    I know you were simply trying to be an asshat, and you were just trying to act cool because YOU don't happen to like the NBA, but yes... people still do watch. In fact, they just set a new attendance record this season. Coincidentally, the ARTICLE about it was on the MSN homepage today.

3rd season in a row breaking the record.

Now stay out of this thread!
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I know you were simply trying to be an asshat, and you were just trying to act cool because YOU don't happen to like the NBA, but yes... people still do watch. In fact, they just set a new attendance record this season. Coincidentally, the ARTICLE about it was on the MSN homepage today.

Actually, he was right, no one watches the NBA.

Thats great but people still don't give a shit about the NBA where it counts. It is an ugly game to watch compared to prior years. You need to understand sports marketing. Gate receipts and attendance pale in comparison to TV contracts and ratings suck. What is most problematic for the NBA is that the coveted 18-34 male market continues to shed viewers.
    Last edited by atomicboy; 04-20-2007 at 01:04 PM.

........................^^^^

Look at those two fools.. They represent everything that is wrong with the NBA.

On the other hand... The Pistons represent teamwork, defense, and hard work.

Root for Chauncey... he's from CO.
    I agree about 'melo. But AI is solid. Nobody has ever played harder. And only AI and Tiny Archibad have ever carried a team at 160 pounds.

But if they stay healthy, the Spurs will win it all.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

No, I was simply trying to state that many, like myself, do NOT watch anymore because it is not the same game that we grew up with. Progression, etc is part of every game, but the NBA hasn't progressed, it has REGRESSED....

you don't have to be so bitchy about someone calling out a sport that is not a FRACTION of the game it used to be....

chill out and go have a pastie....meat and potato is the best...

I am sorry, I didn't realize I needed to have permission to comment on your "i want to blow David Stearn" thread...
    Last edited by PowTron; 04-20-2007 at 01:35 PM.

There we go!!! Now we've got some freakin' activity going in this thread.

A few things...
    1. It's PASTY, with a Y
    2. If it doesn't have meat and potatoes it isn't really a pasty. The only variables are "with" or "without" (rutabaga's, that is...)
    3. I wasn't being bitchy. Just having fun on a Friday. Of course you are welcome to continue to comment in this thread. Thanks for participating!!

Actually, I agree with you guys about the decline of the NBA. It helps to be a Pistons fan. They come closer than anyone to playing the game the right way.

I'm ready for the playoffs!! I'm so fired up, I've played 5 days in a row!
    - Phunk

There we go!!! Now we've got some freakin' activity going in this thread.

A few things...
    1. It's PASTY, with a Y
    2. If it doesn't have meat and potatoes it isn't really a pasty. The only variables are "with" or "without" (rutabaga's, that is...)
    3. I wasn't being bitchy. Just having fun on a Friday. Of course you are welcome to continue to comment in this thread. Thanks for participating!!

Actually, I agree with you guys about the decline of the NBA. It helps to be a Pistons fan. They come closer than anyone to playing the game the right way.

I'm ready for the playoffs!! I'm so fired up, I've played 5 days in a row!

respect...

Pistons are a bright spot, I agree...

and, I apologize about the pastie misunderstanding, I actually knew it was PASTY, but we loved to mess with locals up in Marinette and Marquette when we would go skiing up der in da UP (I was STUCK in Green Bay for 5 years)

lol

(I was STUCK in Green Bay for 5 years)
    Oooh, (flinching...) Sorry to hear that.
    - Phunk

I am calling the rockets the dark horse to come out the west. If yao and t-mac are playin there best they are unbeatable. Fuck the spurs

Oooh, (flinching...) Sorry to hear that.
    yeah, I still have nightmares about it, but what are you gonna do....

I had my fun at Marquette with some of the local boys, and I drove my ass to Bohemia every weekend (4.5 hours each way) just to get some real snow...

anyway, NBA needs to bring back some folk from the dead....or at least from the 80's and early 90's...

anyway, NBA needs to bring back some folk from the dead....or at least from the 80's and early 90's...
    - Phunk

Neither yao or tmac seem to have any charisma on the court. Tmac looks pretty out there....but he doesn't win games. Especially must-wins. Disappointing.

You think flip can coach the stones to the championship? I have my doubts, but I'd love to be wrong.

Yao MINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

dumars is running the pistons and doing a fine job....

zeeeek is the same yatch he has always been and f'n up the nicks, i never could stomach that magic kissing fag, no wonder magic ended up with hiv he was kiss'n boys
    livin the dream

Nuggies have a bit of a mountain to climb....

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    Yao MINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    28 pts 13 boards not too shabby - 'course it was against a slumping team whose dimbulb owner is on record with "We suck... We suck."

Quote Originally Posted by EVILLIVE View Post

zeeeek is the same yatch he has always been and f'n up the nicks, i never could stomach that magic kissing fag, no wonder magic ended up with hiv he was kiss'n boys

Yeah, he was a fuckin bitch on the court, though... Absolutely awesome.
    - Phunk

I still think it is strange to see the Bulls in the playoffs without #23.

Nuggies up by 2 at the half - this is actually a really good game so far...