Tiny TR from TDH 4/15/07

6 inches of surprise goodness.

VERY unstable layers on steeper wind-loaded exposed terrain.

So I stuck to this one little face with multiple exits in case of emergency.

12 more turns was stuck in my head all morning as I climbed and watched slab after slab slide downward from my skin track. In fact, I abandoned my approach to the summit because of the sliding.

After aborting plan A, I realized my Plan B. Live to ski another day.

I made two runs here so as to not have a complete wash of a day. This was the site of my first ever backcountry adventure. And it panned out. Too bad my mantras delammed after those two. If I hadn't noticed I may have done something stupid, like go higher till I reached the cliff band's toe.

Hopefully my warranty gets me a free pair of those new improved silver samurai sword ones. But damn, there's a lot of touring to do and my touring skis are outta commision.

Last edited by extreeski; 04-16-2007 at 07:03 PM.

nice. sorry yr mantras delamed but just think of them as the key to finishing yr ski chair( my big kahunas that delamed from last season are lonley). now get to work on getting those replacments for our may volcano touring.

Dude, I am searching for my receipt right now. I don't know if they'll give me next year's ski so soon. I'll take a red pair, yet would love a pair of the silver ones. But I am bringing them in tomorrow. We'll see.

I would gladly sacrifice a couple panels on my adirondack ski chair if I have to send them back to Volkl. My ace in the hole is that when the delam started to show, a tiny 1/2 cm split, last fall the shop I go to told me to wait the season because Volkl was out of warranty replacement stock. He also said they'd honor my warranty in the spring if I'm patient.
    Last edited by extreeski; 04-16-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Bummer about skis. Looked like some good turns in there.

receipt found!!!!

This is the anticipation shot.

Shameless Bump.

hell yeah, looks good
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle