Lake fishing - Utah

So I have a 12ft fishing raft with a trolling motor. I have never really done the trolling fishing before. Not sure what sort of setup I need as far as rod/reel/tackle etc. Any good places to get my trolling on?
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Ice should be coming off Strawberry and Scofield soon if not already.
    Give me a shout I gots plenty of extra gear.
    We could probably hook that trolling motor on the driftboat and get the troll on a little more comfortably.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    We could probably hook that trolling motor on the driftboat and get the troll on a little more comfortably.
    It's just a little electric troll motor, so I don't know that it would push the drift boat.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Both the berry and scofield are open. To legally run a motorised boat in utah (yes even electic troling motors cound) you have to register the boat with the UT State Tax commission (DMV). So talk to them if you haven't already...

L
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Both the berry and scofield are open. To legally run a motorised boat in utah (yes even electic troling motors cound) you have to register the boat with the UT State Tax commission (DMV). So talk to them if you haven't already...

L
    Already done. Took care of that one last year. It's just a 12ft fishing raft, kind of like a zodiac classic, but they wanted it registered if I was mounting a motor
    Last edited by shmoesmith; 04-13-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Mang, that sux. In CO you don't have to register it unless the motor is over 5hp. You might want to check. Slay some piggies!
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

yeah, I looked into it a bunch last year, and finally ended up having to not only register the boat, but title it too. Luckily, since it's not exactly a cheap walmart rubber raft, it has a HID# etc, so I was able to get it titled and registered. The next dumb thing about it is that if I have the trolling motor or a gas motor mounted to it (it will take a small outboard) I can't have any alcohol in the boat under utah state law. However, if I have the boat out on the water without the motor mounted to it and am just paddling it, I'm allowed to have alcohol. Lame.

It's a fun little boat though. Fits two people a dog and a cooler of beer and gear quite nicely. I like the fact that it has wood floor boards so that you can stand up and walk around in it(cant do that in most rafts except a few like the zodiac). Like the fact tha tit has trolling rod holders built into the raft and a really tough nylon polyurethane coated shell so you can take it into really swampy branchy shit without puncturing the hole.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    $114 to register the driftboat this year which basically gets me an electric motor and a couple trips to Strawberry. What a racket...you have to register a pontooner if you put a 35lbthrust electric on it!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

yeah, my electric works, although I fear how long my battery will last on it (have a series 27 battery, deep cycle). I don't know how much thrust it has, but I think its in the 35 lb range on high power. I would really like to get a nice 2.5 or 3hp motor for it.

I'm usually always available for any type of fishing. Don't have a boat or trolling motor but have a big cooler stuffed with beer.

Seriously, I would love to get out fishin' with some maggots. PM me anytime.