Directing, producing, Creating, Acting Video Classes???

I've really been digging videography. The whole jack of all trades aspect as creator/director/videographer/editor is challenging and multifold. It's an open canvas. This is along the lines of what I've created so far.

http://www.youtube.com/kirkwoodsyndicate

I had a great jump start last year following a kayak videographer who taught me a few valuable rules to follow and learning from his style. Basic things like; generally shooting less than 7 seconds per scene, knowing what you want to shoot before shooting, pre-editing the video by shooting as though the raw tape will be the final product, using natural transitions, etc.

I'd like to keep progressing with videography, more along the lines of understanding how to create stories as well as learning more about taking videos.

It seems though that most videography classes I've seen advertised are directed at using editing tools like Final Cut Pro. That's fine, but if the actual video is crap and the storyline is boring, it doesn't matter how you edit the video you'll get crap in = crap out. I'd prefer starting on the plot or videography side of things.

Can anyone suggest great video classes, on-line courses, must read books, public courses at colleges/art schools? Thanks!!

USC
    NYU

The two best film schools in the world. Good luck getting in.

Hey , don't forget UCLA and UT Austin - both top ranked film schools.

I should know, I was rejected by the ones you mentioned and these two as well.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Florida State is pretty good as well, as is Ohio University (NOT Ohio State!)

They pale in comparison, however, to the first two.