Page 43 of 144 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3600
    Hit King's Peak on saturday with a friend. Without a doubt this should be on any long-distance runner's life list. The landscape is spectacular and at 28.8 miles (according to SummitPost) just squeaks in as an ultra.

The weather was unbeatable, high around 60 and not a single cloud in the entire sky. Seriously, not even a single hint of a cloud. Finished in around 8:25 car-to-car. We made frequent brief stops to snap pics and take in the grandeur of the scene, and spent about 45 minutes hanging out on the peak (dead calm at 13.5k? Yep.). My only regret is not bringing an audio recorder to capture the comments from backpackers.

Starts with 5.5 nearly flat miles through conifer forest succumbing to bark beetle

A couple miles in you get your first glimpse of the peak

Things start to open up

Still a long ways off

Terrible scenery

Nearing Gunsight Pass

Dropping into Painter Basin

Above Anderson Pass looking west into Yellowstone drainage

There is some scree scrambling for about the last mile

View west from the peak, it goes on like this for 30 miles
    Last edited by Dantheman; 09-13-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Looking back at the route up Henry Fork

A proper finish to the day

I noticed this around mile 20. Not sure how long it had been like that, but it probably happened descending the scree off the peak. Luckily I didn't notice it at all while running.

very cool stuff thanks!^

Did my 2nd of 3 20 milers last weekend. Felt way better than the 1st- actually thinking of doing a different race as the VT thing is gettgin complicated w. the puppy/acommodations, etc.

Anybody here ever do the atlantic city marathon?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Date: September 5, 2011
    Destination: Emerald and Sapphire lakes
    Distance: ~30 miles RT
    Duration: 7:18 car-to-car, 6:23 travel time

Waterfall about 9 miles in

10 miles in you enter iconic Morris Meadow

Pinnacles

No caption required

Emerald Lake

Cool old mining equipment

Sapphire Lake

Taken by the two good looking ladies who showed up and skinny-dipped 20 ft away from me.

Felt very strong on the exit and ran the last mile in about 8 minutes. Finished the day drinking a beer while standing butt naked in the river. Perfect day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6589.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	100902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6593.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	100903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6598.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	100904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6599.jpg 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	100905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6612.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	100906  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6614.jpg 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	100907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6610.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	100908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rCIMG6604.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	100909  
    Last edited by Dantheman; 10-03-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Pics aren't working for me. Are those the trinity alps near shasta?

I asked the same thing when I read that caption. Cool place, those Trinity Alps (and Marble Mountains Wilderness). Never really ran there, though.

If you is in Calif., will you be in the Yosemite area? I now live near there.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

WTF? No pics of the chicks skinny dipping!!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Pics aren't working for me. Are those the trinity alps near shasta?
    Pics seems to be working now. The Trinities are in the same neighborhood as Shasta. About 50 miles southwest, Shasta is easily seen from just about any major peak in the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    If you is in Calif., will you be in the Yosemite area? I now live near there.
    No, I was just out there visiting my parents for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    WTF? No pics of the chicks skinny dipping!!!
    I decided snapping naked pics would have been supremely creepy, but I kicked myself later for not requesting a pic after they had re-robed.

Fuckin Awesome Bro well done

CONGRATULATIONS to Maggot Shorey for completing 81 miles, running 3 marathons in 3 days. In support of his friend Becky who has just become a mum. Life can be a cruel bitch, Becky is in a really bad way with brain cancer.

http://www.justgiving.com/edwardab

As if 81 miles isn't enough, he ran it along the Atlantic coast on challenging terrain.

Hi everyone. Took me a few years longer than expected, but...

Name:	fin.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	115793

After DNFs in 2009, 2010 and 2011, I finally finished one of these fuckers last month in 28:39:22.

Next up- Ironman Florida, November 2012. Didn't know how to swim in November 2011 when I registered..

Awesome!!!

I remember the first time you tried that shit. Bitch...you didn't call me when I offered totally inspirational advice via Facebook...or was that Rocky...?

Anywho, great effort! Come work Western this year, and pace while you're here.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

After DNFs in 2009, 2010 and 2011, I finally finished one of these fuckers last month in 28:39:22.

Next up- Ironman Florida, November 2012. Didn't know how to swim in November 2011 when I registered..
    HOLY SHIT!

Respect and congrats!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Awesome!!!

I remember the first time you tried that shit. Bitch...you didn't call me when I offered totally inspirational advice via Facebook...or was that Rocky...?

Anywho, great effort! Come work Western this year, and pace while you're here.
    Did I? Sorry. I don't remember much from RR100.. except that I was way in over my head...

I'd like to go to WS100 one year. 2012 is out, though - maybe 2013. Hell, now that I'm eligible for the lottery maybe I'll get lucky.

I like going to ultras on the west coast. Attempted and timed out at Miwok last year - that race is unbelievable. Crewed at Badwater in 2010.. also a great experience.

Fuck yeah steve! I was hoping to have my first 100 in the bag a few weeks ago, but ended up with a DNS due to IT band issues. One day....

Nice work at Umstead, steve. Mike Morton's comeback is very cool. Our friend Allison was 2nd female. Had a few other friends in the field too.

I finished my 16th McDonald Forest 50K on Saturday. Lost my legs early and waddled to the finish. Not much run training; too much ski touring (and too much eating.) Slowest Mac ever for me, but a finish is a finish, and it was a great party. It was my 85th or 86th or 87th ultra finish. Not sure. I should do a careful count one of these days.

My babe did a great job at MiWok 100K the prior week.

Mike Morton. That guy is unbelievable.

Umstead has 12.5-mile loops. He lapped me for the first time when I was at about 14 miles, a little under 3 hours. He had just run a marathon. And he didn't slow down much, finishing in a little over 13. Wow.

It would be like if I played basketball a few times per week and got decent at pick-up games at the park. Then, one day, Mike Jordan shows up and shows us how it's really done. That's what Mike Morton did to me at Umstead..

Well, first trail-x comp ever... 6 river wadings, tyrepiles, giant steps, crawls and all possible shit...

16km (2x8km) , 118th (of 3k) with 1.31.16... Had absolutely no idea about the track (thought it was 3x5km..) so the first lap was 47 mins and the second was a bit faster with 45ish..

Fun stuff.

Running I'd love to, i had patella tendonitis followed by the worst case of shin splints ever recorded in human history and I know your think this guy couldn't be any unluckier, well now I can't run because I have Achilles tendonitis,
    Any one else suffering with this?
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    Running I'd love to, i had patella tendonitis followed by the worst case of shin splints ever recorded in human history and I know your think this guy couldn't be any unluckier, well now I can't run because I have Achilles tendonitis,
    Friend of mine would ask : what shoes, what ramp?

Did I? Sorry. I don't remember much from RR100.. except that I was way in over my head...
    You were posting on Facebook during the race and posted for you to call me stat when you were starting to lose it. I was prepared to remote pace all night.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Friend of mine would ask : what shoes, what ramp?
    Been through all that at gait clinic, had orthotics made, pt to strengthen weak areas and core, I stretch out and all that jazz but just keep getting injuries, been ok to swim though
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Been through all that at gait clinic, had orthotics made, pt to strengthen weak areas and core, I stretch out and all that jazz but just keep getting injuries, been ok to swim though
    Get a new PT then. They're not perfect, but if they're good, they should address the issues and with effort from you, you should be able to rectify the problem. Checkout some mobilitywod videos too, he might give you some good insight. A good PT is worth their weight in gold.

I've had this since sept of last year. Goes away after a 1/2 mile. Ran my marathon in Oct, took 5 weeks off and it didn't heal. Trained up for my spring marathon and it got worse. Got a SFX on the other leg and had to DNS. No exercise since 2-17 - still hasn't healed although SFX did. Just started PT yesterday. Don't have good hopes but we shall see. very painful to the touch.

I think trick is to stop the first instance of injury - will heal faster. Don't be like me...I continued to run on it and now its chronic and I couldn't even ski this winter because the damn boot pinches the Achilles and brings me to tears....and I don't cry easy.

You were posting on Facebook during the race and posted for you to call me stat when you were starting to lose it. I was prepared to remote pace all night.
    No way, really? That's way cool of you. Sorry if you felt like I diss'd you..

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I've had this since sept of last year. Goes away after a 1/2 mile. Ran my marathon in Oct, took 5 weeks off and it didn't heal. Trained up for my spring marathon and it got worse. Got a SFX on the other leg and had to DNS. No exercise since 2-17 - still hasn't healed although SFX did. Just started PT yesterday. Don't have good hopes but we shall see. very painful to the touch.

I think trick is to stop the first instance of injury - will heal faster. Don't be like me...I continued to run on it and now its chronic and I couldn't even ski this winter because the damn boot pinches the Achilles and brings me to tears....and I don't cry easy.
    caught it straight away, stopped running and anything else that gave me gyp, tendonits is a bastard, mine hurts to touch but can ski with it,