Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3600

Running, Anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    over 13.1mph. 4:30-something miles?
    unreal.

un.real.
    Here’s something to think about: the guy just ran around a second per mile faster than the world record. That’s it. 1 second per mile. Seems like nothing.

Crazy. What a run.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Yeah, outstanding achievement! Lots of critics coming out of the woodwork because he used a pace car and had a team of pacers running with him. My thoughts: who cares? He ran the damn thing. Now that somebody’s broken the mark (albeit with help), others will aspire to do the same and take the sport to the next level! I’m sure some up and comers won’t need the assistance next time...

Attachment 297432
    That laser pacing thing is pretty cool

An incredible performance, but not a marathon.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    An incredible performance, but not a marathon.
    Oh please do inform us what a marathon is if not running 26.2 miles.

I guess Boston isn't a marathon either because it has a net elevation drop. Nor is any race where rabbits/pacemakers exist. Therefore I suppose Berlin ain't a marathon either.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    T minus 11 days till crooklyn marathon. Feel like I trained pretty well though I bonked on one of my 20 milers (85 degrees and mildly hung over). We shall see-

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

good luck to you, ran 2 myself; always a great accomplishment.

about to start running again this year and wearing down my nike airs again myself as its finally under 90 here in Houston(IN MID FREAKIN OCTOBER ! - I am so moving north).
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

3:56- not bad for an old guy

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Done in loafers? If so, respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Done in loafers? If so, respectable.

Hokas w/tassels

Nice work, Larry!

Very nice. What were the conditions like?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Very nice. What were the conditions like?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Could not have asked for a better day- 50-60 degrees and sunny, very little wind. Was a thought race psychology- the last 16 miles are laps around prospect park which include a long hill. You’re always sort of doubting the count in your head about how many laps to go. Was paranoid I was short one going into the finish chute...

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    over 13.1mph. 4:30-something miles?
    unreal. un.real.
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Here’s something to think about: the guy just ran around a second per mile faster than the world record. That’s it. 1 second per mile. Seems like nothing. Crazy. What a run.
    Here's something I think about: I have run a 5:08mi and a 5:06mi. Each was an individual mile on a track....4 laps...then stopped to catch my breath.

I realize that's not super fast in the track or running world...but to think that some went nearly 40 seconds faster every mile, for 26 miles, with no stops. I can't even comprehend it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    3:56- not bad for an old guy
    [/url]
    Well done Larry...great job!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Well done, old Larry! I've never run more than about 15m in one shot. Can't imagine doing 26 in jorts and sockless tassel loafers!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Well done, old Larry! I've never run more than about 15m in one shot. Can't imagine doing 26 in jorts and sockless tassel loafers!
    Awe shucks- to be honest I was wearing monogrammed argyle socks. How else would Mother recognize me?

Hoping you guys might enjoy this https://m.facebook.com/notes/chris-p...3181166492646/

I sure do loving trail running after a good snow! The sun popped out after about an hour and I was able to ditch my hat, gloves, and jacket and cruise home in just a long sleeve shirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191028_123310-01.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	299848
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Yes! Amazing afternoon run in Denver.

Name:	IMG_3743.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1,001.5 KB 
ID:	299858

Loving this part of fall

Name:  20191118_114755-01.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  54.2 KB

Yeah, it’s been stunning out there on the Front Range. Great running weather.

Name:	IMG_4381.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	279.1 KB 
ID:	302843

Getting in last gasps near Seattle before the snow hits next week. Gorgeous morning. Ice on the trail slowed me down a bit but just under 10mi, 2.7k gain in 2:45. Trying to get out once more before the rain/snow starts on Saturday.

Sick!

Damn! That's real nice lookin.

PNW ultrarunning legend Lary Webster died this week at age 86. Lary, a retired Boeing engineer, was a pioneer of PNW ultrarunning, the titular Dean of WA ultrarunners. Like many ultrarunners of his generation, Lary moved to ultramarathoning after years of competing in road marathons, many sub-3 hour. He completed the Grand Slam at least one year, had numerous sub-24 100-mile finishes (including several at Western States) and ran a few sub-8 hour 50-mile trail ultras. Lary was a rock hard stud, a great wit and a good friend. Vibes to his wife Donna and his many friends. Lary's memorial service is scheduled for next Tuesday. Anyone interested in details can PM me.

One last run on Friday before the real snow came in over the weekend. 6mi, 3k vert, 1:55. Had a good mix of loamy trail with some mountain stairmaster climbing.

My Runventure 2s are just about dead and I need shoe suggestions. While good in a number of ways, the Runventure 2s would have died a long time ago if I hadn't been able to keep the soles intact with contact cement. There's also way too much area on the sole (meaning, more than zero ) that is foam and not rubber. So, they're out.

Here's my wish list:

1. ZERO foam on the sole. Preferably wall-to-wall vibram.
    2. <5 mm drop, <25 mm stack
    3. Rock plate
    4. Wide. I have a size 7 foot with an EE width. I've had a Morton's neuroma resection in my left foot and have another Morton's in my right foot that I've thankfully been able manage and isn't currently painful. I'd like to keep it that way.
    5. Durable. I'm sooo over $100-150 shoes that are thrashed in half a season.

Zero concerns about weight. I don't care for pounding out tons of flat miles anymore. These days my "running" involves steep mountain trails and scrambling. I have a goal to do the WURL next summer (https://door5.com/2015/08/23/wasatch...e-linkup-wurl/ Not all in one go, I don't think I'll ever have that in me. Hoping for 2-3 efforts spread over a few weekends). So, I need something that will hold up to serious downhill abuse and will be confidence inspiring on 4th/low-5th class rock.

I swore off Altra after owning a pair of Lone Peak 2s and Lone Peak 3s that both fell apart fast and sucked on sidehills (fool me twice as they say, but the 3s were on sale and I held out hope they had fixed those issues in the 3). But, I can't help thinking that the new Grafton is exactly the shoe I'm looking for. The King MT 2 also looks like it could fit the bill.

Anything else out there that checks those boxes? I feel like I'm basically describing an approach shoe, but outside of Altra I don't think there's many options for low/zero drop, wide toebox approach shoes.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 12-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.