Page 117 of 144 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3600
    Nice job, Cruiser and Dantheman.

jorion: The Rae Lakes Loop is a real gem. I'd heartily recommend it for a long run or multiday backpacking trip. The one I wanted to do this year (but won't be able to do) is the Evolution Loop, which is like ~55 miles/10k'. My main problem is the logistics of setting it up-- I couldn't do it solo because it requires a car shuttle. The other problem is that my long-run fitness after ski season is inverse to the length of days.

Yeah, the Evolution Valley is probably my second favorite after Rae Lakes. I still have only scratched the surface of the Sierra though.

It’s really a trip to think about doing these kinds of routes in a single push without weight. I’m going to have to give it a shot. I think I’d like to do the version of the Wonderland where you run it in three days without a pack and camp with friends who bring the shelter and food to the three road-accessible campgrounds. I did it the conventional way a number of years ago and it was a fantastic trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I think I’d like to do the version of the Wonderland where you run it in three days without a pack and camp with friends who bring the shelter and food to the three road-accessible campgrounds. I did it the conventional way a number of years ago and it was a fantastic trip.
    I was planning an unsupported version of this for this summer, but due to a job change and reduced training was not able to pull it off. Hoping for next year. Hoping to keep the pack under 10lbs (without water) and should be good. I have a test overnight trip coming up to dial in the kit.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I just looked up the Wonderland Trail. It looks amazing! I don't know if I could do back-to-back-to-back long runs, although that'd be cool. I think I'd probably try it as a 5-day "fast pack"* at about 19 miles a day.

*I've never fast packed before and have only a loose understanding of the concept. Most of my backpacking is with the kids, and I don't think my pack has ever weighed under 40 lbs.

Starting to get a few good pops of color along the Platte this morning but we've got a ways to go before the peak here along the front range

Name:  20200925_102758-01.jpeg
Views: 1283
Size:  103.6 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Went back for a run at a local mountain I haven’t been to in a while, forgot how magical it could be. Above the fog:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1672.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	341395

In the fog:

Name:	IMG_1673.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	341396

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Went back for a run at a local mountain I haven’t been to in a while, forgot how magical it could be. Above the fog:

Name:	IMG_1672.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	341395
    Up high, early! That's a special treat.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Nice one today. 8 miles, 3200 vert.

Attachment 340921
    Have you done trail of the eagle above bst? Thinking of looping w sawmill at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Have you done trail of the eagle above bst? Thinking of looping w sawmill at some point.

I assume you mean loop it with Cherry Canyon? Yeah, I've done it. It's been a few years. It got pretty overgrown and bushwacky in places, not sure what kind of shape it's in now.

The future GOAT takes down another WR: 26:11 for 10,000m. 12:35 for 5000m two months ago. Joshua is the real deal.

Fun starts at 44:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6hLgmgoPp4

Also crazy to see the women's 5000m WR go down and sub-14min suddenly come into striking distance at some point.

Ain't nothing in striking distance for me right now! I twisted my ankle while I was running on Friday and that sucker got all swollen and bruised instantly. Getting better day by day but it's still all gnarly looking.

Got out for the first time in 2 months after jacking my knee up. Did a quick one up Granite Mt near Seattle. 8mi and 4k gain. Beautiful weather for the last week coming to an end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    8mi and 4k gain.
    Nice, proper steep. Looks killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Nice, proper steep. Looks killer.
    Not quite as steep as Mailbox Peak, 5mi and 4k gain, but it's a more enjoyable trail. A little easier on the quads during the descent.

Man I haven't done anything out there this year, as fun as swimming in the lake is there's something more satisfying about gaining vert. On Mailbox I almost always do the new trail down, I've found it's almost the same time and less mentally taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Man I haven't done anything out there this year, as fun as swimming in the lake is there's something more satisfying about gaining vert. On Mailbox I almost always do the new trail down, I've found it's almost the same time and less mentally taxing.
    The new trail is definitely easier on the knees, but I'm usually crunched for time and the extra 1.5mi is a bit too much. I've been doing the "mountaineers" route of the old trail since it's less crowded. Had the summit to myself yesterday on Mailbox and only saw 1 person the whole way down.

pretty fun before work.

Name:	image00001 (1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	345511

Name:	image00003 (1).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	325.9 KB 
ID:	345512

Name:	image00002 (1).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	423.5 KB 
ID:	345513

Did sprints last night for the first time in a while. Hurting today.

If you want a beautiful video of running a 100 around the Pacific NW, check out this video from Gary Robbins. Absolutely beautiful.

I didnxt think I would ever say it, but I miss running. I was never a big runner, tried to get into it a time or two, but it just never clicked. After a lifetime on a road bike I actually got a little bored so added running and actually got to the level of enjoying it, though I never did find the "runners high" thing. Never did past half marathons, so maybe I am just a whimp. I have had the most irritating injury for nearly nine months. Just a focal irritation of my medial tibial crest. It just won't go away, even hiking is a problem. It will stop hurting, but even with long rests even the slightest activity brings it right back to where it was.

Sucks getting old

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

This just in!

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    This just in!

So close! The bathroom break cost him.

5:56 pace for 62mi!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I didnxt think I would ever say it, but I miss running. I was never a big runner, tried to get into it a time or two, but it just never clicked. After a lifetime on a road bike I actually got a little bored so added running and actually got to the level of enjoying it, though I never did find the "runners high" thing. Never did past half marathons, so maybe I am just a whimp. I have had the most irritating injury for nearly nine months. Just a focal irritation of my medial tibial crest. It just won't go away, even hiking is a problem. It will stop hurting, but even with long rests even the slightest activity brings it right back to where it was.

Sucks getting old
    Sorry to hear, hutash. I definitely am not an expert on that type of injury...but any chance PT, acupuncture, massage, CBD or an MD can assist with? Sending positive vibes your way.

Re: Jim, quite insane!

Ran outside for the first time since October when I sprained my ankle! Been putting some time in on the treadmill but it's just not the same. God damned high ankle sprain is a bitch. But it sure did feel good to get out on the trail again.

As an aside, I think I average about 30% of my time with headphones and 70% without. Do you play music or listen to podcasts when you're running outside? Was bumping some Bootsy Collins today...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Ran outside for the first time since October when I sprained my ankle! Been putting some time in on the treadmill but it's just not the same. God damned high ankle sprain is a bitch. But it sure did feel good to get out on the trail again.

As an aside, I think I average about 30% of my time with headphones and 70% without. Do you play music or listen to podcasts when you're running outside? Was bumping some Bootsy Collins today...
    I got out last week for the first time since November and it felt great to be on the trail again. Now it's pissing rain, so it will be a bit before I can get out.

I don't use headphones when I'm with friends as we're usually talking most of the time (if I haven't lost my breath), but if I'm alone I'll usually put in 1 ear bud so I can keep situational awareness. I generally listen to music, but do podcasts too when I find one I really like.