Page 36 of 144 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    a marathon in 19 days, then a 50-miler on labor day. On Oct 3-4, I'm doing a double 50K (two of 'em in one weekend) then another 50K on Oct-17. NYC Marathon on Nov 1 and then, if I lose enough weight, Mountain Masochist 50M on Nov 7.

that should be it for 2009. i'm going to make a run at the umstead 100 in march 2010.
    God damn, your an animal.

God job Steve.

I was just seeing what I was facing by entering this years Original Mountain Marathon when 10 posts into the first thread I stumbled across pure TGR in a forum that is anything but..... looked left....and there we are... a maggot. What a surprise.
    http://www.theomm.com/forum/index.php?topic=987.0
    Not around much these days.

grand teton 50 finish + flip + wife's mac = shaky youtube video

my first time playing with imovie or any other video editing software

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
    So two times back out in the running shoes and I just can't help myself. I want the long one again. Anyone wanna train w/me....?

http://www.runrace.net/findarace.php?id=07301NH
    Its on my list of 99 things to do.. My poor knees though!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

Steve, cool video. Although a little anti-climatic at the end, I was waiting for the shot of you CROSSING THE FINISH LINE!!!

I'm getting back into it. Signed up for a trail half-marathon on Halloween morning and then a marathon December 6th.

It's not been easy getting started again, I feel super heavy out there and am so SLOW. Blegh. But, I've been doing the miles... have a mile pace test tonight after the ER. A little anxious to see the results, nerdlove and I have a bet riding on my time with a prize as a full body massage.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    Steve, cool video. Although a little anti-climatic at the end, I was waiting for the shot of you CROSSING THE FINISH LINE!!!
    Yeah, there are no shots of me crossing, it was too dark and alex couldn't get the camera to focus, i think. no video either.

perhaps we'll get a shot of me crossing the finish at the Umstead 100 next year, because I'M IN!!!!
    -steve

I've been out of running entirely for a few weeks now due to a leg injury (pretty sure due to overuse cycling) and it feels like it's almost ready to go.

I didn't get much in the way of training done before that. The marathon is in 5.5 weeks.

How fucked am I?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Pisgah 50K done 5:40 18th place out of 74. Nice trail so so aid stations. started to cramp up pretty good the last 3.5 miles not sure why maybe because I ran out of S! caps anyway I hope to see so of you on the 27th at the VT50.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Pisgah 50K done 5:40 18th place out of 74. Nice trail so so aid stations. started to cramp up pretty good the last 3.5 miles not sure why maybe because I ran out of S! caps anyway I hope to see so of you on the 27th at the VT50.
    a friend of mine is really pushing hard for me to go to vt.. he's doing the 50m, so are a bunch of friends.

i'll probably end up doing it.. just the 50k though. last year it was cool to try the 50m, but it wasn't fair to race organizers who have to get me back to the start when i missed the cutoff.. that would just happen again this year.

I hope you do end up going, you know its a great course. The tress are almost ready to pop with color.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

loved that course..

stoked to hear how well you've all been doing getting after it, especially steve! well done, bro!

I'm running all the time here in Missouri, getting ready for Chicago, and wondering how those last 6 miles will feel on my body. Also, crewed Leadville 100 for second year in a row - my boy turned in a 27:47 with limited training.

off to run in the cool 80 degree weather!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall View Post
    Also, crewed Leadville 100 for second year in a row...
    Sack up and pace next year. also, if your Boy runs Western next year, gimme a holla since I'll likely be there again.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Sack up and pace next year. also, if your Boy runs Western next year, gimme a holla since I'll likely be there again.
    did you mean 'pace' or 'race'? I paced both years - I wanna run it next!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

You wrote above that you crewed.

Have you run a 50 yet? That's the first step.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

^was thinking leadville 50 next summer - don't know when or if I will go for 100 - I also paced at Badwater - it is a sick sport, which is the appeal, I suppose.

1st things first - I need to run well in Chicago in a few weeks and go from there...I will update then - cool that you run ultras!
    Mohandas Gandhi

You paced at Badwater that's awesome, I would love to run that one day.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Is there any maggot running/triathlon kit?

In the sprocket rockets thread they've designed a cycle top for general maggot consumption.

I've no idea how to design such things, but with a few ultra events on the horizon next year, I'd be up for a TGR / change for a nickel? logo here or there to cheer me up when the going gets tough.

I was thinking: technical running t-shirt, a running vest, tri shorts and a monaco?

If anyone is up for this then perhaps we can get something sorted out...and then kindly shipped to the Yookay pour moi!

Shorey, I like your idea but you would probably need to put a good bit of effort into it yourself to see it happen. I'd help out if there is support for it. I'd be up for a tech running T-shirt & vest.

Oh and don't even think of bailing out of the OMM. Places are really hard to get and there is a nice little competition coming together amongst friends. If you need any gear let me know what you are after. Super lightweight tent is your biggest outlay, borrow one or get your mate to chip in, (those guys are minted, lots of extra bounty from headhunting!) Seriously get asking around, you don't have to spend a fortune or have to shave off a tiny bit of weight.

I haven't checked sprockets for a while, is there a new Maggot shirt available?
    Gone fishing

7 miles this morning. feeling good out there. no watch, so it was refreshing just to run and not stress the times... i did see a dog almost get maced by a horse cop (the dog kept running around the horse in circles, barking and growling at it).

10mi on Sunday, trying to run up this mountain in pacifica and back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    You paced at Badwater that's awesome, I would love to run that one day.
    dude! if you do badwater, can i crew you? please? i am a trained medical professional so would be good in any sort of heat emergency

Quote Originally Posted by Shorey View Post
    Is there any maggot running/triathlon kit?

In the sprocket rockets thread they've designed a cycle top for general maggot consumption.

I've no idea how to design such things, but with a few ultra events on the horizon next year, I'd be up for a TGR / change for a nickel? logo here or there to cheer me up when the going gets tough.

I was thinking: technical running t-shirt, a running vest, tri shorts and a monaco?
    this is a great idea and i would take a set... however I have no design skills to lend to the cause. you'd have to drum up a LOT of interest first...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Shorey, I like your idea but you would probably need to put a good bit of effort into it yourself to see it happen. I'd help out if there is support for it. I'd be up for a tech running T-shirt & vest.

Oh and don't even think of bailing out of the OMM. Places are really hard to get and there is a nice little competition coming together amongst friends. If you need any gear let me know what you are after. Super lightweight tent is your biggest outlay, borrow one or get your mate to chip in, (those guys are minted, lots of extra bounty from headhunting!) Seriously get asking around, you don't have to spend a fortune or have to shave off a tiny bit of weight.

I haven't checked sprockets for a while, is there a new Maggot shirt available?
    Not a new shirt no, it was done last year I think.

OMM - we're going for the long score. We have to see if we can change on the day, if we can't then we in the B score. We're borrowing kit from a range of sources including HM - I need a bag, a sleeping bag and a sedan chair.

My mate might bail on it, he's in Australia and not sure when he's coming back. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorey View Post
    OMM - we're going for the long score.
    Hey that's ambitious, scared you might get smoked if you stay in b huh?

Big Props to Ms. Hutz...PR at the Philly distance run today!

And as a side question...A woman in front of me during the blew a load of shit in her shorts. Like for real. Not talking about hard gas or a wet fart here. I'm talking about the full taco bell 5k here. Bigh brown stain with chunks evident from like 20 feet behind. But here's the thing...she didn't stop. Was it possible she didn't notice? Is it possible she thought she just had some real bad gas? I can't figure out whether she was the baddest ass 40 year-old female runner ever or just like my grandma who was unaware that she pooped in the shower?
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 09-21-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Things I don't like about running:
    1. People who don't understand that I need to run today.
    2. Colleagues who give me grief about bailing on dinner/drinks to go for a run. If you can schedule that BS around American Idol, you can give me some consideration too (or just leave me out of it).
    3. Running behind smokers.
    4. Playing the, "Do they see me/Do they not" game with idiot drivers. You can't win.
    4a. Idiot drivers who pull into the crosswalk.
    4b. Idiot drivers who see me and then pull into the crosswalk.
    4c. The supermegahuge idiot Explorer driver who made eye contact with me today and then not only pulled into the crosswalk but then proceeded to drive 100 feet down the road in the same direction I was going to pull into a driveway. Of course, not only could he not pull in past the sidewalk but he had the indignity to tell me he was going to call the cops after I punched his car and gave him the double-middle. Sorry for giving runners a bad name, but I wasn't feeling very Zen at the time.
    5. People with their dogs either unleashed or on a leash but not under control enough to keep them from lunging at me.
    5a. People who don't even react when their dog either takes off after me or lunges at me.
    6. Knowing that I'm 5 lbs. overweight and recognizing that only other runners and adolescent girls would understand.
    7. Unfriendly runners. Seriously, we're all in this together. Would a smile, wave, or even a hello be all that hard after I give you the same? Why do people insist on staring at their shoes as they go past? I know I usually look like a tranced-out Ronald McDonald but c'mon.
    8. Bailing on a run. This is probably the worst and there is never a good excuse.

Things I LOVE about running:
    1. The fact that none of the above things matter after a run (sometimes it takes a long one).
    2. Runner chicks
    2a. Especially the hardcore, stone faced, ridiculously attractive, 30-year old 10K chick who I'm a little scared of but secretly want to let dominate me.
    2b. The gangly, new to the sport but trying hard 25 year old. I will tutor you.
    3. The friends in the know who check up on you, talk about training, etc. When you are a bit off the norm they push/pull/prod you into getting back on the horse or signing up for a race or whatever it may take. You know who you are, thanks.
    4. Pacers, race volunteers, training partners. 'Nuff said.
    5. Friendly runners. We all like a little human contact and on a long run a nod, friendly hello, or even a few words exchanged is pleasant. This is not the time and place for my iPod rant...
    6. Courteous drivers. You sometimes restore my faith in humanity, especially those who not only acknowledge my presence but make the (absolutely unnecessary) gesture of backing out of the crosswalk.
    7. Running around a foreign city.
    8. Putting another pair of running shoes out to the pasture.
    8a. Slipping on another pair of Asics Gel-1XXX's. I've been through 15-18 pairs in the last 7 years and they rock.
    9. The feeling you get after a nice long run and a chocolate milk. Total Zen.
    10. Legs. Damn my legs look good.

Bottom line: The love list always outweighs the don't like list. I hope that it's the same for you.
    Last edited by Daywalker; 09-22-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Glad you are doing well Daywalker. The Mrs is gearing up for NYC....I'm pretty stoked too.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL