Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I hurt my foot running on Sunday over a bunch of sharp rocks and haven't been able to run all week. I was hoping to get back out there today but got hit&run yesterday and so I'll probably be too busy dealing with that bs to get a good run in today. Sigh. My Forerunner will hopefully be here this week though which will probably have me running >30mi/wk which will be nice.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Could Be Buggy View Post
    Happy to report that i've had no ITBS flare ups in the past week. Been aggressively using the foam roller (very painful at first), stretching after every run (this is new to me), doing more leg weights, etc. 12 miler on Sunday was no problem.

Will report back if things change.
    What is missing is that CBB passed on to me a wonky hip...
    P.S. my legs are fried. Wall sits = hard time controlling descent into office chair.
    I would suggest that I look like a felled tree everytime i sit down.

[QUOTE=RootSkier;2055783]Anybody here do pose/forefoot running.QUOTE]

I started a thread on this and it got a nil response. I don't hold much store in POSE running to be honest - perhaps I'm not prepared to give the transition enough time.

When my fitness is up I tend to favour my forefoot anyway, but forcing the issue and transitioning from your normal technique to an altogether different one is tempting injury I reckon?
    Not around much these days.

I can't say enough good things about forefoot running. I read about it a few years ago when I was running a lot and getting shin splits, sore knees, etc. on a regular basis. Switched over to it just using my regular running shoes and felt great. Heel striking sucks.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Anybody in the N.E. get out yesterday? Mid sixties and crystal blue sky- perfect running weather!

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Anybody in the N.E. get out yesterday? Mid sixties and crystal blue sky- perfect running weather!
    Yes it was perfect... I was outfitted and everything but ended up sitting on the beach at Rye w/friends & family, sipping mimosas and enjoying the sunshine... it was a marvelous day. Definitely my bad for not hitting the road... (but honestly I don't feel THAT bad about it... )
    When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

Yep, but not in the running shoes. Trails in the Wiss were perfect for riding. Broke out the running shoes this morning though... more rain

Got some good runs in over the weekend, 5mi tempo run on sat and an easy 8 yesterday. Calves are sore but I should be good for a 30+ mile week. I don't think I've ever run 8 miles in one shot before.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Lev- when were you riding in the Wis?
    CBB and I were running on forbidden drive from 9 to 11...maybe you saw us. She was in a light blue wind top and I was in a grey/red zip up top and shorts.

Will be there pretty much every sunday...holler if you see us.

Lev- when were you riding in the Wis?
    CBB and I were running on forbidden drive from 9 to 11...maybe you saw us. She was in a light blue wind top and I was in a grey/red zip up top and shorts.

Will be there pretty much every sunday...holler if you see us.
    I rode around 9 as well, but I didn't spend much time on Forbidden.

Ran this morning around 7.

My fiance and I are out on the trails/Forbidden all the time. Keep an eye out. We have a blue merle australian shepherd who is hard to miss.

Alright--we'll look out for each other.

PSA. UK Mags, sign-up, sign-up for a jog in the hills,

Lowe Alpine Mountain Marathon
    the connoisseurs mountain marathon
    http://www.lamm.co.uk/

Shorey, Hayduke, Get yer run on.
    Gone fishing

coincidentally stumbled across this ^ yesterday. Looks super cool!
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

not a great week in the shoes... but not hating what I've been getting accomplished at the house! Got out for a small 3.5 today and enjoyed it w/a friend. Hiked almost 6 earlier in the day which made me totally over having to "get it done". Great tunes popped up on the iPod -- glad I put Counting Crows on there recently. Good cruising stuff.

Am finally rehabbing a shoulder thing from a couple years ago -- amazing how far these things travel! Could not fathom doing exercises w/a 1 pound weight would take me to fatigue -- but I've apparently been compensating for the rotator muscles a long time and they are WEAK. Troubling how running bothers that joint and I end up running like a dork w/that arm sticking straight down.

Thank the universe for ice packs, hot tubs, ibu's... and wine to tolerate all of above. What we do to be able to run!

Last edited by valleygirl; 04-09-2009 at 06:49 PM.

-- yogachik

this is NOT the time to be without motivation... anybody have any to spare?

-- yogachik

im always motivated, but i cant really run at the moment because my knees start to hurt if i do. -.- so you can use some of my motivation, if you want

freak~&]

K, freak... I'm takin' some. Did a stupid 3 on the dreadmill last night cuz it was pouring and I was a wuss. Today I worked outside and was too tired. Tomorrow... yeah, rain again. Can motivation be found in carrot cake??

-- yogachik

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
    K, freak... I'm takin' some. Did a stupid 3 on the dreadmill last night cuz it was pouring and I was a wuss. Today I worked outside and was too tired. Tomorrow... yeah, rain again. Can motivation be found in carrot cake??
    No. But it can be found in a schedule. or in changing up the routine.

Rainy day? sounds like a perfect trail run. The tree's keep some of the wet stuff off you. The ups downs lefts and rights keep your mind on the trail and not the gloomy weather. Write a run into your schedule and get it done without thinking about it. No going home or watching a few minutes of Tv.

I was runnign awesome all winter, but now I'm in a slump.

.. and so it goes. not much else to say.

-steve

in a dodgeball tournament at McCarren Park Pool
    RUN, RABBITS, RUN.
    "I'm so deck." - me

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I was runnign awesome all winter, but now I'm in a slump.

.. and so it goes. not much else to say.

-steve
    Me too... not completely slumping... but not feeling the love. Yesterday we got to run in the woods and I felt a stirring... I think it's still there! Whew...

-- yogachik

I took a double ejection fall two weeks ago and wrenched my calf to shit and now I'm stuck in the city barely able to run. Just 3km is all I have in me right now, instead of my daily 10-15km. My sanity is in jeopardy...

Raise your hand if you woke up at 4:30 this mornign to run before your commute to NYC! And are now exhausted but home to do it again tomorrow! Woo hoo!
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

btw. have been running on and off 5-15km runs 2-3 times a week for the few months. started hittting the gym after a long hiatus and it was quite surprise to find out that even the shorter stints felt like having concrete shoes.
    is it really so that the the gym stuff is affecting the endurance this badly?doing quite normal wake-up routine with a bit of everything,no hardcore stuff with practically any body mass increase.
    it is the pollen season around here and it definately is effecting me but I am kind of a suprised that the runs feel that sluggish.

any pointers or is it again the general "suck it up,bitch!".

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I'm doing a 10 this afternoon. Longest run in 2 years. Long slow uphill for 5 miles and downhill on the way back.
    Living vicariously through myself.