Page 87 of 144 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3600
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Still no running for another couple months.
    At least no longer have hip replacement scare.
    You guys have fun running.
    So sorry Nutmeg! Do you have PT?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    So sorry Nutmeg! Do you have PT?
    Just got off the crutches and starting PT next week.
    Twice a week for a month.
    After that, stationary cycle and elliptical machine.
    If I feel no pain, I can start running again from mile 0 in June.

At this point, anything would be great.
    Haven’t done anything (but occasional snowboarding against doctor’s advise) since December.

^^^ PT will get you moving! Hopefully you make really good progress so that you can get (slowly) back to the trails this summer!

I got 2 glorious hours in yesterday along the highline. Sun shining, birds chirping, springtime flowers just starting to bloom, puffy white clouds, light breezes, temps in the low 60s. Had some Doc Watson and Ralph Stanley going on the playlist to keep me moving. Yessir!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Anyone run the Moab trail marathon before? http://www.moabtrailmarathon.com/

Debating running it, or maybe the half, this fall. Any race reports would be awesome - would be my first full marathon.

Had a great run yesterday in nearly perfect conditions. Spring is good running season, ain't it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180425_135957-01.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	233882
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Anyone run the Moab trail marathon before? http://www.moabtrailmarathon.com/

Debating running it, or maybe the half, this fall. Any race reports would be awesome - would be my first full marathon.
    Meh, the end is kind of stupid. Let's throw an obstacle course in the last few miles. Look at Dead Horse Ultra for a fall event around Moab.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Certainly is cruiser. Blue skies, snow covered peaks, crisp air. Been trying to get out most mornings lately. Does wonders for my mental sanity. Need to shed some winter lbs too.

My run today took me along a street lined with crab apple trees that were at the absolute peak of their spring boom. There was a light breeze which caused the petals from the flowers to blow off and fall onto the sidewalk as I was running past. It was like running through a spring rain shower except white and pink flower petals instead of raindrops.

Felt like Jaffe Joffer...

https://youtu.be/3eqyUeyDOiY

Running, Anyone...?

Beautiful season to run outside.
    Going to give myself another month to strength and recover then start from 0 mile in June.

Journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step?

Get healed up, Choi. The trails ain't going nowhere.

4.5 run along the beach here. Absolutely beauty day. Still can't get back to where I was pre-fire. Just can't seem to get a consistent run in. No problem with mid mileage 4-6 miles is easy, but no speed. I keep hoping I can build my base be k up then start some speed work. I have the Mammoth 1/2 in June, so we will see how it goes.

Heal up Nutmeg...come out west for a run some timr.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

... And then I tweaked shit out of my left foot. Did 12 miles along hiway and it had this slight off camber thing going on that sneakily got me. Could barely walk for 3-4 days . Ran again after 7 or 8 days but pain would reemerge in the tendon that wraps under outside ankle bone to under foot.

I was worried for a bit about stress fracture, but after 10 days all good.

X ref: just biked 5 laps on my trainer hill. 1600 vert at 10%grade = 8000ft @ 300-350 watts . 3:10 of climb time. 4:30 on bike. Almost puked lap 5.

#pretentiousbikelingo
    #bestrongnutmeg

Thank you, mags!!!
    Really looking forward to start from mile one!!

Ordered a fresh pair for the new beginning.
    Never tried On before.
    Any experience?

Name:  IMG_9792.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  66.0 KB

I’ve been running with ASICS Kayano for years now but due to the injury I feel like I may need a little more cushions (not as much as Nimbus though).
    Any suggestions?

Feets are so different that it probably doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) like but I've been in Brooks glycerin and ghost models for several pair. Glycerin, in particular, has a lot of cushion without going full on Hoka one one. Might be worth a look if you're not happy with the fit on the new pair of ON's.

I’ve tried Brooks Adrenaline and it was giving me IT Band issue which I’ve never had before.
    I remember one of my running friend who was coming out of an injury raved about one of Brooks model which I can’t remember.
    I wonder if it’s one of two you mentioned...

Thank you, mags!!!
    Really looking forward to start from mile one!!

Ordered a fresh pair for the new beginning.
    Never tried On before.
    Any experience?

Name:  IMG_9792.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  66.0 KB

I’ve been running with ASICS Kayano for years now but due to the injury I feel like I may need a little more cushions (not as much as Nimbus though).
    Any suggestions?
    Cool looking shoes! Never heard of them before, but got me interested. Designed in Switzerland. I may have to try a pair.

It’s so hard to find the right running shoes.
    It’s like finding a spouse or something.
    I’ve been marry to Kayano so many years, but maybe we grew apart.
    Hope we can stay friendly.

I’ve had Kayanos, too. Nice shoes, but not much cushioning. The ON cloudflow definitely looks like it should provide more cushioning. Only downside I saw in the reviews was the bit of sole that gets attached under the “clouds” tends to wear quickly.

If ON can provide more cushions and help me to prevent future injuries, wearing out quickly wouldn’t be an issue.
    My couple week PT sessions will cover a pair.

It’s so hard to find the right running shoes.
    It’s like finding a spouse or something.
    I’ve been marry to Kayano so many years, but maybe we grew apart.
    Hope we can stay friendly.
    You find one you like, then they change it and you're back to square one. I wish I could go back in time and go barefoot from birth.

Yeah. That’s the thing.
    When they release newer version, things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You find one you like, then they change it and you're back to square one. I wish I could go back in time and go barefoot from birth.
    you have to buy another one or two as soon as you figure that out. I do that now and since they're running shoes; you'll go thru them fast enough that having an extra sit on your shelf for a year isn't long enough it has problems sitting there.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Yup, I bought 2 pairs of an old iteration of the glycerins so that I knew I'd have at least one more pair of shoes that really fit once the first pair wore out. It was great to take them out and start wearing them every 2nd or 3rd run as the first pair began to get tired.

That said, does anyone rotate between multiple pairs of shoes regularly? I've heard that it's not a bad idea to switch up your shoes a bit of you run frequently. I guess I switch into my trail shoes every 3 or 4 runs but that's mostly just so my road shoes don't get too dirty when it's muddy out.

I used to switch shoes, but not much in recent years. Nutter, if you like cushioning, maybe you can add a softy insole to a shoe you like but isn't well-enough cushioned.

Also, you sure that shoes caused your ITB issue? Maybe you just needed a leg massage. I dunno.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.