Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3600
    If you love ice cream, these are absurdly, comically good for 80 calories / bar:

so fucking good.

Running, Anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    If you love ice cream, these are absurdly, comically good for 80 calories / bar:

so fucking good.
    I didn’t need to know that!!!

Thank you.
    I’ll look for them today!

These are awesome too!

Name:  yasso.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  12.3 KB

I love food and unfortunately I have a sweet tooth. It does get harder when you cross in to the 40s. When I lived in Boston, I was running 3-4xs a week and was working out pretty hard with a masters swim group. I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted and not worry about it. Once I moved out to Idaho, I stopped running and the pool is an hour away. I started to pack the weight back on and I've yo-yo'd back and forth with it, even though I was "active" spending time outside with the dogs and hiking. I finally decided last spring that I am tired of "starting over" and slowly incorporated changes and running again. It's not like I don't know how to eat a healthy diet and exercise! I'm not a very good runner, but I've finally gotten to the point where I enjoy it and miss it if I can get out after a day or too. Now that it is getting colder, I can even get Zoe, my super lazy yellow lab out to jog a little.

Nutmeg, that's great. You too, 2bjenny. Fighting a thickening middle is a constant battle for most of us. Looks like you're winning that battle. Now, who will start the fighting the thick middle thread?

Running, Anyone...?

We definitely need weight loss thread.
    I need buddies who would fat shame me and motivate me.

Nah, no fat shaming. Positive encouragement works mo' betta for fighting the middle age spread

Middle age weight is like the war in Afghanistan, you can win the battles, but never the war, it just goes on and on and on and on...

I maxed out at 177, managed to get down to 160, but have since been stuck at 165. Even at 160 I still have that stubborn belly fat. Doesn't seem to matter how much I run or cycle, fat just wants to hang around my middle. Of course I love for beer and wine deasn't help. No doubt I could loose the last bit of weight if I got serious, stopped drinking, counted calories and got on a dedicated exercise program, but fuck that. I would rather carry a few extra (5-10) pounds and enjoy life.

At 5' 10", I was about 145-150 in high school (yeah, I was a skinny dude, but played water polo, so didn't carry any body fat.) I'm never going to see that again, nor want to. I just wish I could get rid of the fat around my waist.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Running, Anyone...?

You were down to 160???
    I was only couple pounds lighter at my heaviest when you were lighter.
    What the hell...

See, Steve.
    I just got fat shamed and hutash wasn’t even trying.

I used to have 6 pack without trying til mid 30.
    Now I have 6 pack looking fat.

Ha ha. hustash didn't fat shame you. That's in your head. Don't measure yourself relative to someone else's body weight. I was 160 lbs. in 8th grade. I ran all my ultras at >225 lbs. These days 230 lbs. would be lean and mean for me (and I'd need to drop 25 lbs. to get there). It's all about being fit and getting to a good weight for you. You look quite fit in your Oct 12 pic and you're running marathons, fer chrissake.

I've become more realistic about middle age weight and my goals now that I've hit mid 40's, turn 46 next month. Right now, I just want to lose another 10-15 lbs. Which I know is doable without starving myself and keeping active. The funny thing is that I didn't really become more active until my early 30s. It was always my older sister that was very athletic and competitive. I guess I just didn't want to compete with her growing up. Now, it's the complete opposite. I'm the active one now and she's become more sedentary, which saddens me because she was so active before.

I went to the eye doctor Wednesday and my eyes changed so much over the last year I need all new contacts and glasses. I just got new frames and contacts last year! Getting old kind of sucks.

Is running four 25K trail runs over four weekends in a row next summer seem doable? I'm not worried about speed. It's more about finishing, having a good time and enjoying the views. I am thinking 4 - 25Ks in June, 1 half trail marathon in July and 2 more 25Ks in August. Those 2 would be one right after the other, the last one being on a pretty flat course.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post

Is running four 25K trail runs over four weekends in a row next summer seem doable? .
    For a few years (early- late 90s), I averaged about 25K per run. So, yeah, what you're proposing is totally doable, provided that you've trained appropriately.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I am what I like to call fat skinny. I have a good friend who is really tall and thin and her doctor told her she was skinny fat. So, if she is skinny fat, then I am fat skinny. At my thinnest, I weighed 170. I'm 5'11" and not thin boned. That was when I was working out a lot for triathlons. Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Is running four 25K trail runs over four weekends in a row next summer seem doable? I'm not worried about speed. It's more about finishing, having a good time and enjoying the views.
    Sure, why not? That's pretty much minimum weekly long run for an average ultrarunner. You've got the right attitude. Enjoy yourself, run an easy pace and if you've got legs at 18km run it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    For a few years (early- late 90s), I averaged about 25K per run. So, yeah, what you're proposing is totally doable, provided that you've trained appropriately.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's what I was thinking as long as I start gradually building mileage back up in the early spring and don't get injured. I would hope it would be easier this spring since I won't be starting from 0 running like last spring. A few of the races I would like to do fill really early (December/January) so I've been trying to come up with a loose plan for getting ready for ski season and then carrying that over in to the spring.

Running, Anyone...?

Love this thread. I’ve said before running keeps me sane. Been focusing on trying to change stride and more fore foot striker than heel. It helps and I can tell immediately.

There’s definitely a fat / weight loss thread out there somewhere.

Edit : this one?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rist-I%B4m-fat

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Panache, my friend.
    thanks- helpful- yea I think it's time I invested in a good one vs my just doubling up the cheapy, cute ones

I think this is one of the best threads on tgr- always good info/ insight- so agree a weight loss/maintenance thread wd do well too
    and don't feel bad nutmeg- andrew is one of those people that has basically zero % body fat and since I am like the height of a small man, I am often coming too close for my comfort to being close to his weight.
    I rationalize it bc he obviously likes my figure and I am fit....but sometimes it just doesn't seem right....I eat infinitely healthier than he does yada yada
    You look great! also when I drop like 10 lbs andrew will be like "you look the same to me" too- it's hilarious
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    There’s definitely a fat / weight loss thread out there somewhere.

Edit : this one?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rist-I%B4m-fat
    I refuse to go under “Jesus Christ I’m Fat”.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    thanks- helpful- yea I think it's time I invested in a good one vs my just doubling up the cheapy, cute ones

I think this is one of the best threads on tgr- always good info/ insight- so agree a weight loss/maintenance thread wd do well too
    and don't feel bad nutmeg- andrew is one of those people that has basically zero % body fat and since I am like the height of a small man, I am often coming too close for my comfort to being close to his weight.
    I rationalize it bc he obviously likes my figure and I am fit....but sometimes it just doesn't seem right....I eat infinitely healthier than he does yada yada
    You look great! also when I drop like 10 lbs andrew will be like "you look the same to me" too- it's hilarious
    Do some price research.
    Sometimes I can find them under $50 at Amazon.
    Once they get used a bit, they give you minimum to non chafing.
    I only got few small spots after Chicago.
    Almost nothing!

BB.
    I’m 5’3”.
    I should not come near a man’s weight.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    You were down to 160???
    I was only couple pounds lighter at my heaviest when you were lighter.
    What the hell...

See, Steve.
    I just got fat shamed and hutash wasn’t even trying.

I used to have 6 pack without trying til mid 30.
    Now I have 6 pack looking fat.
    Ummm, we got different builds, so there is no comparison. I have always been a skinny kid, and now a skinny old fart with too much belly. You are lookin' good in your pictures, and like Steve said, you are completing marathons, so keep at it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Got out for an hour this morning before lunch and it was outstanding. Temps in the upper 30s with blue skies and no real breeze. Crazy part was getting buzzed by a ch-47 that was race tracking the South end of the metro. It flew right over my head twice. What an impressive sound!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Mrs. Spank thought it would be a good idea to run 100 miles. She completed the Wasatch 100 in 28 hours and 36 minutes, 4th Female Finisher, Top 50 Overall. Not too shabby for her first go at it.

Here's a few pictures from training and her race, for words:
    100 Miles of Heaven and Hell, Part I
    100 Miles of Heaven and Hell, Part II

North Fork 50: 16th Overall Finish

Indian Peaks Running

Four Passes Loop

Big Mountain Aid Station

Banana Sunrise

FINISH!
    Last edited by spankthepow; 10-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Congrats to her! Sub-30 hours at Wasatch is a very impressive feat

Holy shit! Your wife is a bad ass. Congrats!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Jesus, Spank.
    Your wife is a super human!
    She probably eats marathons for breakfast!!

badass!!!

Damn, Spank. That's impressive.

Could've used microspikes in spots yesterday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icerun1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	738.5 KB 
ID:	214915

Name:	icerun2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	721.6 KB 
ID:	214916

Name:	icerun3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	214917

I love running this time of year. The trails are empty. The snow and ice makes the familiar feel new. Can't wait to get back out.