Page 7 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrryde View Post
    my second 5K is tomorrow, looking for a sub 30 minute effort
    28:12

FKNA! I am thrilled with this time, this couse was hillier than the last race. I went out a little too fast completing the first mile in 8:50, but kept it up through mile 2 and started to suffer a little going uphill the last mile. Sprinted the last 10th to make up some time and finished 14th in the clydes class.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

YAY MR RYDE!!! Way to go out and get it!!!

When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

back to back after work runs and two totally different experiences... reason one -- facking shoes... not liking the new ones, at least not for the hills... screaming calves, screaming shins... figured out the faster I went, the less it hurt so wound up sprinting and walking alternately... not my kind of run! Switched back to the old ones for last night and enjoyed the hell out of running w/a friend who knows that he can talk but not expect me to, and who runs my ridiculously slow pace w/out making me feel like I'm dragging ass... Last night's definitely took the sting out of Monday night's disaster!

-- yogachik

One of my all-time favorite training runs has become a race put on by some of my old littermates. Can't turn this down, guess I'll be a racing again!

http://www.noblecanyon50k.com/
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    some of my old littermates.

I finally understand the non-monty python chomping rodent!!

^^^Want one of those tee shirts? Now that I'm so fat my old ones are a bit on the tight side.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I'm over my fear of the chomping rabbit.

-- yogachik

I won the lottery!

NYC HALF Marathon on August 5th. Hopefully my luck holds up for the full marathon. Lottery is in June.

Cool thing about the half - - running right down Times Square.

Running the Vermont City Marathon this Sunday. The forecast is calling for rain and possible thunder storms. Running in a thunder storm has got to be good for my time, right?

lighting is actually one of the few good weather-related reasons not to run. hurricanes & tornadoes are also on that list.

don't eff around with lighting..

Fuel Belts - What do you use? I just bought an Amphipod RunLite 4, I hope it comes before my planned 9 mile trail run on Wed
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

I just got back from three laps of a 2 mile loop at Red Rock. 87 degrees when I started and 95 when I finished. I may have to go earlier on Monday morning.

Skis is offline It's one louder, isn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    I won the lottery!

NYC HALF Marathon on August 5th. Hopefully my luck holds up for the full marathon. Lottery is in June.

Cool thing about the half - - running right down Times Square.
    Nice. I'm doing them both. What're your goals? I'm hoping for 1:30 in the half (I did 1:33:34 last year) and 3:10 in the full for Boston.

After working this morning, little bike ride, gardening for a couple hours and then laundry for a couple more, I didn't expect to do my 4 mile hill run w/out walking but there it was!! Feeling oh so she-ra...

-- yogachik

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Skis View Post
    Nice. I'm doing them both. What're your goals? I'm hoping for 1:30 in the half (I did 1:33:34 last year) and 3:10 in the full for Boston.
    I did my first marathon last year in San Fran - 3:50. Hoping to finish this one ~1:35 to see if I can run a Boston qualifier in the fall.

Question - - how'd you manage entry into the NYC Marathon already? Doing a fundraising?

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    I did my first marathon last year in San Fran - 3:50. Hoping to finish this one ~1:35 to see if I can run a Boston qualifier in the fall.

Question - - how'd you manage entry into the NYC Marathon already? Doing a fundraising?
    I ran 9 NYRR races last year. That automatically qualifies you for it.

Thumbs up

I ran 9 NYRR races last year. That automatically qualifies you for it.
    Ahhh... nice. Forgot about that.

I want to start marathon training. Does anyone have a good training schedule or book they use?
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I want to start marathon training. Does anyone have a good training schedule or book they use?
    The Complete Book of Running (By Runner's World) could be a good place to start. Actually, www.runnersworld.com might have some online stuff available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    The Complete Book of Running (By Runner's World) could be a good place to start. Actually, www.runnersworld.com might have some online stuff available as well.
    I haven't taken a look at that one. I liked the Competitive Runner's Handbook by... I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I'm planning on running the Victoria marathon in october, right now all I do is 2 or 3 20k runs as well as hills and cardio runs, but I need step by step advice too to know what to work on until the big day.

Well, I just pulled out of the Squaw Peak 50. I need another month of prep for that distance.

Next on the race calender is the Wasatch SpeedGoat 50k on July 21st. Anyone else up for this race?

How'd everyone's Bolder Boulder turn out? Met my goal of sub-45:00 with a time of 43:30 +/- a few seconds. Next year, 40:00.

I haven't taken a look at that one. I liked the Competitive Runner's Handbook by... I forget.
    ... by bob and shelly-lyn glover

that's the book i was going to recommend.

-steve

I started running my local ski area last fall it took me two months to make it the top, then it stared to snow. This season I have ran (jogged) it five times and was able to make for the first time this season on Monday (5/28/07). I'm pumped now if I could get rid of this ITB issue I could start to train for the Jay Challenge.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com