Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Just the fact that there is a refferee named McCoo is awesome. It's just too bad he actually does suck as bad as his name suggests.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Paging Singel.... Flames down 4-0 after 2, and coming out in the 3rd with a man in the penalty box. Not looking too good Cowtown! I might go back with my original prediction of 4 straight
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Disappointing. Oh well, I think that as with Pittsburgh getting blown out may help us get our shit together for game 2. We're probably in better shape than if we had lost 5-4 in 7 periods...

Obviously the refs didn't have anything to do with this loss, but I find any game involving McEww is simply not fun to watch. The calls always come from 100 feet behind the play (when there is another ref 15 feet away) and disrupts the overall flow of the game, and the players don't know what they can/cannot do.

Here's to hoping for no more McGoatfucker the rest of the series. GO FLAMES!

Welcome back Tim Connolly.

Sabres are completely controlling the pace of thew game, and the last few minutes of the period seemed like the Islanders were giving up sort of.

This series just began. Not sure why they felt the need to crash kipper (yes he was out of the crease, but Cleary clearly turned into him, rather than out) with 1 minute left in a 4-1 game. Just wish we still had Oliwa, or Godard in the lineup. Hopefully somebody goes and gets to know Mr. Hasek a little better soon

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    More importantly, Datsyuk scored! Lets hope this is a start of a different kind of playoff streak for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    McGeough!!!

For Fucks sake can somebody fire this moron already. I generally don't pay much attention to officiating but I did notice a distinct correlation between McGeough and stupidity every time I watched him ref this year.
    I second that. I thought Huselius' penalty was crap at the start of the game and Iggie's crosschecking penalty was also crap after he got crosschecked three times(but that one was the other ref)

But the Flames stunk it up bad tonight. It was like watching my shinny league out there. Poor passes, getting beat to the puck. Getting knocked of the puck too easy. All we need is Iginla to get mad and start kicking ass.
    Last edited by Mex; 04-12-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    I second that. I thought Huselius' penalty was crap at the start of the game and Iggie's crosschecking penalty was also crap after he got crosschecked three times(but that one was the other ref)

But the Flames stunk it up bad tonight. It was like watching my shinny league out there. Poor passes, getting beat to the puck. Getting knocked of the puck too easy. All we need is Iginla to get mad and start kicking ass.
    Iginla needs to fight at some point in this series (hopefully Sunday) as he did in each series in 04'. The whole team played brutal, same old road Flames I guess.

And Yetiman, a picture is worth a thousand

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    And Yetiman, a picture is worth a thousand
    a thousand what's?

oh nevermind

Image to be repeated time and time and time again! Yeeeeeah, Zach Parise!

And I know that there are some NoDak fans out there. If you aren't roooting for the Devils, then I question your NoDak loyalty.

So anybody *watch* the Devils' game last night? From the arena, home fan perspective, the officiating looked a little biased.... any truth to that?

(mind you, there *is* a Toronto based conspiracy to do all they can to ensure that the Devils lose...)

Officiating was good in the Sabres-Islanders game. Then again, the game was very clean so there wasn't much an opportunity for shaky calls. The Islanders showed some frustration later in the game, but it was all dealth with fine if you ask me.

Convincing performance from the Sabres. The Islanders played a good game. They didn't have any huge breakdowns, but they just can't generate enough offense and depth to outgun the Sabres. If they take chances, they might get 3 goals, but they will lose 6-3. If they sit back and play a sound defensive game, they will lose 4-1. Nothing against the Isles, but they just don't have the firepower to match the Sabres offensively. You saw it last night in the first period. They struggled to get any puck movement thru the neutral zone, and it took them 14:55 to get their first shot on goal, which was an easy save for Miller.

I say Sabres in 5.

Preds need a win tonight, badly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580 View Post
    Officiating was good in the Sabres-Islanders game. Then again, the game was very clean so there wasn't much an opportunity for shaky calls. The Islanders showed some frustration later in the game, but it was all dealth with fine if you ask me.

Convincing performance from the Sabres. The Islanders played a good game. They didn't have any huge breakdowns, but they just can't generate enough offense and depth to outgun the Sabres. If they take chances, they might get 3 goals, but they will lose 6-3. If they sit back and play a sound defensive game, they will lose 4-1. Nothing against the Isles, but they just don't have the firepower to match the Sabres offensively. You saw it last night in the first period. They struggled to get any puck movement thru the neutral zone, and it took them 14:55 to get their first shot on goal, which was an easy save for Miller.

I say Sabres in 5.
    Islanders biggest problem is they have a really hard time breaking out of their defensive zone without DiPietro in net. Their defensemen aren't all that fast and without DiPietro helping them to move the puck it seems to bog down. The way they've generated offense is circling on the forecheck and it's pretty much impossible to do that if you're constantly being forced to chip it out of the defensive zone. The only exception to that is Jason Blake. Honestly once DiPietro went down they were lucky to make the playoffs and I think that was probably just as much because Nolan seems to know how to push the right buttons.
    "Don't drive angry."

Best quote from the movie "Groundhog Day"

Well, you finally post a picture of the one red Wing in the last decade that I don't loathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Well, you finally post a picture of the one red Wing in the last decade that I don't loathe.
    how could anybody loathe Joey Kocur. unpossible!

how could anybody loathe Joey Kocur. unpossible!
    Or this guy:

He was just pure pure nastiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Or this guy:

He was just pure pure nastiness.

Vlady.....
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

OK, I'm sorry Konstantinov got hurt in a Drunk Driving wreck, but goddamn I hated that motherfucker when he played.

Going out on a limb - Rangers make it to conference finals

Not going out on a limb - Pens rebound from game 1 and Sens collapse in first round, again.
    "A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything."

Peter the Muddaflockin' GREAT! He may be a step slower than he was with the Avs, but damn he's still fun to watch.

That was one of the worst refereed games I've ever seen, BTW - let them play and leave it on the ice.

The refs did have their work cut out for them, tho. I've never seen a game start with two Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties before the puck is ever dropped
    Last edited by Tippster; 04-14-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KGTrips View Post
    Not going out on a limb - Pens rebound from game 1 and Sens collapse in first round, again.
    Sounds like a Leafs fan, how are those playoffs working out for you this year? Sens go all the way, this is a different team...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I don't condone anyone beating the red wings ever....but I found this pic and it's badass:

I don't condone anyone beating the red wings ever....but I found this pic and it's badass:
    It is not the picture, it is McDonald's beard.

Nice!

If that would only happen again!