Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Anyone know how to determine if the forward pressure is correctly adjusted on wormscrew 916's? I mounted them but now they need to be adjusted and I'm not entirely sure. Is the indicator the same as with the PX-15 where the notch in the screw being just exposed indicates proper forward pressure or is there something else?

And sticky this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anyone know how to determine if the forward pressure is correctly adjusted on wormscrew 916's? I mounted them but now they need to be adjusted and I'm not entirely sure. Is the indicator the same as with the PX-15 where the notch in the screw being just exposed indicates proper forward pressure or is there something else?
    According to the tech manual, "adjust the forward pressure to align the top of the head screw with the back of the heel track."
    not counting days 2016-17

The pedestal that the salomon toe piece mounts on is the same on 957 through 916's, or at least it appears very similar. The toepieces of my 916's have alot of slop and I'm not sure why. All the parts seem ok. I want to pull the toepieces off the 957's that I have and try the 916 toepieces on the 957 bases. The 957's have no slop, they are pretty much as new. The 957 toe height adjustment screw has a washer riveted on the end to keep the toepiece from coming off the base. I'm thinking of drilling through the rivet to free the washer to try the 916 toe on the 957 base, and the 957 toe on the 916 base to determine where the slop is in my 916's.

Am I retarded? Is summer making me crazy? Is this even possible or will I just ruin the 957's?

Update: I'm not retarded, summer is making me crazy but this operation worked marvelously. The toe height adjustment screw on the 957's is retained by a riveted on washer, remove the washer by drilling out the rivet and the toepiece comes off just like a 916. The problem with my 916's is that the toe height adjustment screw has a tapered bit attached to it that fits into the tapered hole in the pedestal on the baseplate this tapered piece wears out. The 957 has a flat AFD and is a little lower on the ski. This makes it so that the toe height has to be screwed further in to achieve the proper adjustment, being screwed in further eliminates the wear problem on the tapered piece by screwing it deeper into the pedestal it fits more snugly eliminating the slop.

Now I have 916's with a flat AFD... Me=stoked
    Last edited by Chugachjed; 08-07-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Since the download links to the salomon manuals apparently are "broken" I uploaded the ones I have onto a free filehosting service.
    I thought these might be a good fit on this thread.

Salomon Technical Manual 04/05
    http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/cac7f22923_4.66MB

Salomon Shop Practices Manual 04/05
    http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/45af5ff49e_4.78MB

Salomon Shop Practices Manual 05/06
    http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/377e4f33f3_9.32MB

Salomon Shop Practices Manual 06/07
    http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/e656a596a6_12.24MB

Salomon Shop Practices Manual 07/08
    http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/be0db98cef_9.81MB

-peace
    /r

These aren't working anymore. Anyone else have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    These aren't working anymore. Anyone else have a link?
    http://www.salomoncertification.com/download.jsp
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Someone screwed up and put a draft of the 2008-09 Salomon Shop Practices Manual on their website.

The notes on the indemnification page read:
    Need to add 2008-2009 modekls [sic] to this chart
    move appropriate models to “non-current”
    remove models no longer indemnified
    Chart on page 5 is based on canadian hardgoods workbook. Please make sure there are no missing models being marketed in the U.S.
    No models were cut from the “non current” list (it had been discussed whether to drop models ending in 77…
    So it looks like the 977 may be nearing the end of its indemnified life.
    not counting days 2016-17

Props to u man!!! Alot of help when searching for a good pair of sallys

vagina muffin

I keep hearing all metal 914's lately on the board and at my shop........

Salomon Never made a 14 DIN ALL METAL binding (at least out of the ones still on the indem list).... if you can prove me wrong, please do

All the 14DIN Bindings have Metal pedestals that the toe sits on, along with a metal housing around the heel spring. VS the 10 and 12 DIN versions that were plastic.

ALL METAL= The entire heel is metal with exception of the brake, along with the entire toe piece with exception of the AFD.

Correction 14 DIN 957 Equipe RACE are all Metal, (But only the Equipe RACE Version)

14 DIN 977's-- Plastic toes, only the Equipe Driver versions had metal heels and Worm screw
    14 DIN 997's--Plastic toes, only the Equipe Driver versions had Metal Heels (with worm screw heels same as 916s)
    14 900s ----- all plastic (Track no screw)
    s914----- all plastic (Track no screw)
    s914LAB/ZZ--- Plastic toes (Worm Screw Heel) plastic heel piece
    sth14 --- plastic toes, (Worm screw heels) same heel as sth16 just with 14 DIN Spring, Plastic heel piece (these seem pretty legit)
    z14 ---- all plastic (Track no screw)
    STH16--- Plastic toes (Worm screw heels) (this is really a 914LAB/zz with out the zz interface and 16DIN springs) NOT a lightened 916

ALL Metal (>14)
    957--- the High DIN versions had (10-18) springs
    977--- only (11-17) and (14-20) DIN versions
    997 ---- only (11-17) and (14-20)DIN versions
    s900--- only (9-16) and (14-20)DIN versions
    s916--- All (9-16)
    s920--- All (14-20)

These bindings should be significantly heavier than the 14 DIN Versions.

All Metal Salomon Bindings are no Longer available in the US as of the 2008/2009 season, You have to go to Euro Land.
    Last edited by bisnibble; 11-04-2008 at 01:09 PM.

AFAIK you are correct.

The ONLY all metal Sallys are 16DIN or greater.

The 914 however does have a metal pedestal for the toepiece, and a metal reinforcement around the rear spring housing where the heelpiece hinges.

Also, the 914LAB/ZZLAB have all metal, wormscrew heelpieces, still a plastic toe with metal pedestal though.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 11-03-2008 at 08:27 PM.

957 Equipes were all-metal, including the toes. Pretty sure that was the only true all-metal 14 din they made.

997 driver equipes were/are all metal 14 din bindings, wormscrew heel, independent toe wing adjustment, all that jazz. I'll bang on the pair I have when I get home tonight but i'm pretty sure that both the toe and the heel are all metal.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

i'm with bisnibble. my 997 driver equipes have the worm screw metal heel cup, and plastic toe wings. I don't think my s900 916 had metal toe wings either to be honest. I mean, they could have, but never stood out to me.
    H.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

I'll be home in an hour, I have s900 14-20s and 997 drivers to double check.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown View Post
    957 Equipes were all-metal, including the toes. Pretty sure that was the only true all-metal 14 din they made.
    On second thought, I think this is correct, I forgot about those.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    997 driver equipes were/are all metal 14 din bindings, wormscrew heel, independent toe wing adjustment, all that jazz. I'll bang on the pair I have when I get home tonight but i'm pretty sure that both the toe and the heel are all metal.
    You'll find that the wings are plastic, I've got a couple pair of these. Still Bomber though.

Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    i'm with bisnibble. my 997 driver equipes have the worm screw metal heel cup, and plastic toe wings. I don't think my s900 916 had metal toe wings either to be honest. I mean, they could have, but never stood out to me.
    H.
    16DIN 900S are def all metal, including toe wings. I've got two pairs of these.

Made some revisions

and on another note, any one know what salomon is doing for warranty issues on the 916s since they dropped the race program?
    I have some Broken 916LAB's and am wondering if they are replacing them with sth16s or euro916s ? I have heard rumors that they are not not doing anything, so your Warranty would be void... please tell me this is not true
    Last edited by bisnibble; 11-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.

I know MD9 and some others got STH16s for their broken 916s. Bummer.

AFAIK, the last 14-din Salomon with metal toe cups was the 747, maybe the 727.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 11-04-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I'll be home in an hour, I have s900 14-20s and 997 drivers to double check.
    I'll admit that I was wrong, 997 drivers do have plastic toe wings. kinda beating a dead horse here, but all of my s900 14-20s and 9-16s do have metal toe wings though.

If anyone has any of these mythical 997 or 957 metal toe wing 14 din bindings, please post detailed pics!

I bought a pair of 997 Equipes and one of the toe pieces is missing the little black plastic pieces on the ends of the toe wings. Is this an issue? Are these a contact point or just there to reduce friction?

If it is a big deal, can I replace them?

You can glue on an old one if you can find one, or rebuild the geometry using JB weld (i think). There is a how-to somewhere in this place.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by bisnibble View Post
    14 900s ----- all plastic (Track no screw)
    Maybe change it to:
    14 900s ----- Nearly all versions are all plastic (Track no screw), but a metal heel version exists (still Track no screw).

It's the only metal heel I've ever seen without wormscrew. Photographic proof at http://tetongravity.com/forums/showp...98&postcount=5

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    You can glue on an old one if you can find one, or rebuild the geometry using JB weld (i think). There is a how-to somewhere in this place.
    Found it! Thanks...

How to fix toe wing contact points:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=98047

If you go to the Euro Ebay sites you can find some 916s around for around $200 US once the exchange rate is taken into effect. However finding someone willing to ship to the US can prove difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!