Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechmaster View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of people using Equipe-style heels with only 4 screws. That said, I would use all five; they're there for a reason. Maybe your shop had a fat jig for without the fifth hole?
    Cool... thanks for the opinion

Any more ideas out there. It'll be a small hassle to go through all that again, so I'd rather not do it if it's not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    do you mean "indemnified" - aka warrantied/insured by sally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    definitely wasn't trying to be a smartass - I had to use dictionary.com to figure out what it meant! I just wasn's sure that meant what I thought it meant. thanks for the info.
    I'm sure you're probably clear on this now but if the binding is not on the list then the shops can't mount it without exposing themselves to danger of lawsuit, etc.

hi all,

newbie posting here so fire up the flame throwers. searches turned up no answers to this question so posting it to this informative thread. does anyone know if the hole pattern for solly 810's is the same as for 912's? thinking about retiring the sticks with the 810's, moving them over to the 'new' rock skis and using the 912's on some new skis but don't want to re-drill. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    hi all,

newbie posting here so fire up the flame throwers. searches turned up no answers to this question so posting it to this informative thread. does anyone know if the hole pattern for solly 810's is the same as for 912's? thinking about retiring the sticks with the 810's, moving them over to the 'new' rock skis and using the 912's on some new skis but don't want to re-drill. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
    Same holes, same setup.

Unscrew the old, screw in the new, adjust for boots, go skiing. Couldn't be easier.

Mechmaster -

I was pulling off some 957s and the heel piece DIN cover popped off and the blue angled plastic 'din meter' piece and spring popped out. It appears the other heel piece was set at 10 - so I would guess this one was as well (new to me bindings)... but I couldn't really tell it there is a way to put the spring back and have it be accurate... the spring appears to be a bit streched out in one spot. Any thoughts?

thanks mechmaster - really appreciate the very quick reply.

Any comments on the quality of Solly 850? This model was not on Marshal's binding list. I tried to search but the term 850 is "too common". My wife does not need high DIN bindings and I can pick up a pair of these for $30 (with some Volants for the pending ski fence). Thanks!
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

apples to apples, what is the weight difference between a 957/977 and current 900 series metal healed binding?
    Click. Point. Chute.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by SafteySquad View Post
    Cool... thanks for the opinion

Any more ideas out there. It'll be a small hassle to go through all that again, so I'd rather not do it if it's not a huge deal.
    Um, Mechmaster's words on the subject of Salomon's are not opinions, they're pretty much gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    Any comments on the quality of Solly 850? This model was not on Marshal's binding list. I tried to search but the term 850 is "too common". My wife does not need high DIN bindings and I can pick up a pair of these for $30 (with some Volants for the pending ski fence). Thanks!
    well the only time I've ever had an experience with 850's was when my wife destroyed her knee while skiing them

so while I'm a huge salomon fan, I can't say anything nice about the 850's
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    That's a real low end binder, like rental quality, so I doubt anyone here skis em. They might be OK for your wife if she's light and not aggressive but there are much better binders out there.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

i guess i got some hybrids....997 equipe driver, din 4-12, grey-yellow color...i ordered them online hoping to receive the equipes with din up to 14 oh well...

S850

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    well the only time I've ever had an experience with 850's was when my wife destroyed her knee while skiing them

so while I'm a huge salomon fan, I can't say anything nice about the 850's
    So are the S850 the same as 850S?

Thanks for the advice. My wife has knee problems as it is. Trying to get her off her B5 Atomics with Atomic bindings so I got some alternative skis this year. Are Salomon 810Ti a better choice?
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

solomon toe wings and loctite

does anyone know if the "female"thread for the adjustment screw is made of metal or is the plastic block tapped

My understanding is that the 912/914 the plastic is tapped, which is why they can strip out easily if not adjusted properly. The plastic drivers may have a metal insert and the metal 997/916s obviously... are metal.

I do use locktite on mine by opening them up all the way then dripping an assload of it into the thread area and spinning the ski around till it's dripping out everywhere. Then put the boot in and do the wing adjustment, it should be the last adjustment made.

The key is to have three-point contact with the toepiece so that the forward pressure isn't supported by the wings, but the center contact point with the wings providing lateral stability.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

One of the 912ti bindings on my Gotamas gets loose toe wings. The skis are on their second mount (they had Fritschis for a while). Ideally I'd just switch the bindings for 916s, but I don't want to spin the screws and have to remount.

Go for it? Try loctite? Toothpaste?

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyskier View Post
    One of the 912ti bindings on my Gotamas gets loose toe wings. The skis are on their second mount (they had Fritschis for a while). Ideally I'd just switch the bindings for 916s, but I don't want to spin the screws and have to remount.

Go for it? Try loctite? Toothpaste?
    the reason i asked the in the first place is because loctite says "not compatible with plastic" if the threads are plastic you may get one lock down but if you turn the screws again the toes are done for imo???

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    Quote Originally Posted by number nine View Post
    the reason i asked the in the first place is because loctite says "not compatible with plastic" if the threads are plastic you may get one lock down but if you turn the screws again the toes are done for imo???

the salomon 810/912/914's have an inherent weakness in the adjustment screw. When they start to go , its loctite first .... then if it goes again try loctite again. Realistically, these binders are showing their design faults so its time to get better ones.

Get old school 997's 6-14 with mostly metal and you won't look back .. they last for years. They weigh more but reward you in longevity.
    Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

I'd like to bump this thread and bring up the new 2008 Salomon binders. Anyone have experience with the '08 Sth 16 or Sth 12?

I think that's the road I'm going down for my 189 Hell Bents. Is there a reason I should shell out the extra $40 or $50 bucks at Al's for the Sth 16s? Usage is as you'd expect for the 189 Hell Bents; powder, speeding though crud and hucking...

I have a set not shown up top. 977 drivers w/ din 14-20 that are solid steel I think except for a fancy little orange/red rubber shim. Will post pics when I get my dirty mitts on a camera. These things are awesome. I had them on a set of 190 explosivs for a total weight of about 20 lbs per ski. I like to lean WAY back on them through bumped out trees and see how it goes.

so far so good
    Now that I've reached 69 posts all communications will be handled via DM.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Oh, Oracles of Binder Knowledge!

Would a Solly 912 fit the same hole pattern left by a Z12 demo binding? And, how are demo bindings typcially mounted with relation to where a normal binding would be? Are they mounted wide, and then adjusted down to fit smaller boots, or in the middle? I'm trying to ascertain if I could mount normal bindings for a 316mm BSL onto a ski previously mounted with a Z12 demo setup, by either a) using the same holes or b) mounting far enough away from the holes to not interfere, and still be near the sweet spot mount.

thanks in advance

The normal binding and demo bindings are a different hole pattern for all Salomon models. As well the Z12 and 912 have different hole patterns, the new equivalent to the 912 pattern is the STH12. The mounting area for the demo shouldn't interfere with your 912 holes if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by weibo; 01-23-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Thanks weibo, you've answered for my question that I asked in other thread. :-)

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    +1 for Weibo, thanks for the info buddy!

Post updated.

Older manuals:
    http://www.salomoncertification.com/manuals/

If you just want the latest manual go here:
    http://www.salomoncertification.com/download.jsp

If you want older manuals and the above link does not work for you.
    Here are all the manuals I had in a .rar file.

download this:
    http://web.comhem.se/~u65131777/sally.rar

pass:maggot

-peace
    /r

ps/ Ill make a new post at the, current, end of this thread as well. please pm me if non-salomon links are broken. /ds
    Last edited by rabbit; 12-08-2008 at 04:01 AM. Reason: old links broken.