kb1dqh Guest

Smile That Fall Feeling...

I'm sitting here in Oregon tonight trying to get ready for a French test at school. There's a lot to think about here, your GPA, work, classes, where the next beer is coming from, etc.

But it's fall, and right now I just got that feeling. Snow is only two months away. I can think of nothing else. Homework doesn't get done, tests are left to the last minute, all that revolves in my head is skiing. As I listen to songs from recent ski flicks, I remember waist deep fluff from last year, the feeling of flight, the joy of sharing a lift with a good friend. School doesn't seem important. It pales to the necessity of light fluff, to corniced ridges, to blue sky and deep snow, to skiing. The feeling is incapacitating, and it's why I love to ski.

Now… back to the damn test. -KB

I feel that. I'm sitting here in Seattle with the window cracked a little. There is a breeze blowing through the leaves, and there's that smell... you all know it I'm sure. It smells a little bit like autumn - dead leaves and the like - but mostly like an impending winter. I can smell the snow two months away. School is becoming more and more trivial as each breath of fresh air carries my mind further and further into the mountains. Chaucer can take his Canterbury Tales and shove them. I'm too preoccupied with skiing to even begin to think about Middle English. When the snow falls, so do my grades.

I think it all starts with football..

And the end of baseball....

Did somebody say, "That fall feeling"???

http://student.iu.hio.no/~s108313/al...ydropkatfj.jpg
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

No, I think it was that "fall" feeling....

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/www/...e_intro_01.jpg