Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

! 'merica!! BODE BODE BODE

Bode Miller can become the first U.S. man since 1983 to win the overall World Cup title.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...case_ny151.jpg

``I'm competitive, self-reliant, independent, pretty stubborn, `` he said. ``I have a lot of talent. I'm definitely unique.

``The fact I have all those things together and I really don't care what anyone else thinks makes it really easy to do my own thing. To not be afraid of trying things maybe other people wouldn't because they are afraid of what other people think.''

``If you hold back and get third place, yeah, you may be achieving some objective or goal for your team or for yourself,'' he said. ``But it just gets a bit hollow after a while. The whole purpose is to challenge yourself and race like you mean it.''

``It's a bit arrogant to not race as hard as you can every time,'' Miller said. ``You're not giving it everything you have because you think you're good enough to do whatever it is without giving it everything.''

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...case_ny150.jpg

hes just 67 points behind this Cinderella story with the Crossover facial expression
    http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...als_ses105.jpg

tomorrow in Italy starts the Championships ( I think on the 06 Olympic courses?!?)
    Miller is in all 4 events Maier in the first 3
    3-10 Downhill
    -11 super G
    -12 GS
    -13 Slalom

Can a brother get some Cowbell>?!?!
    Last edited by Woodsy; 03-09-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Originally posted by phUnk
    http://skiingismylife.com/media/cowbell.gif
    He's just like you and me - he puts his pants on one leg at a time

(oh but what legs he has )
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Originally posted by KQ
    He's just like you and me - he puts his pants on one leg at a time

(oh but what legs he has )
    I'm glad you like my legs, but please quit mailing me your thongs.

GO BODE!!! It's an amazing accomplishment for him/an American to be in the race this late in game for the overall title. Kinda like Lance before he won his first le Tour.....sports dominated by Euros and these American boys knocking at the door. Except ski racing and cycling get no coverage/apprecriation in the States, its a shame, b/c these athletes are doign some amazing things....cooler than those punks in the NBA that get all the hype.....

Hey, does anyone know how our local boy Daron Rhalves is doing in the DH??

[walken] i need more cowbell baby. more cowbell! [/walken]

Originally posted by freshies
    Hey, does anyone know how our local boy Daron Rhalves is doing in the DH??
    clinched 2nd for the year in the super G by winning
    Sunday
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

currently 3rd in the DH behind Maier & Ebberharter
    http://www.fis-ski.com/cupstandings/index.php

Originally posted by Bode_Miller
    I'm glad you like my legs, but please quit mailing me your thongs.
    You mean these

http://64.82.67.221/imagelib/soire03d.jpg

Ring the bell baby

http://www.cowbell.com/images/index_37.jpg

Rahlves won the SG title, but Eberharter's already sewn-up the DH title. Second is the best Rahlves has to hope for in the DH standings, but he has to beat Hermann to get there.

edit: Woodsy beat me to the current standings
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 03-09-2004 at 01:16 PM.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

CAW!

CAW!!
    CAW!

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak
    Rahlves could help tip it to Bode too by beating Maier in the speed events. Too bad I can't watch the only sports event I give a shit about ...
    I know how you feel
    If say a sportsbar was going to broadcast it what channels ( satelite, etc would carry it?!?

CBC?!?

Last edited by Woodsy; 03-09-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Here I am, a person that eats, drinks(heavily) and sleeps skiing. I live in a ski town, been skiing since I was three and love the sport with all my heart.

That being said, I don't give a fuck about ski racing, especially FIS and other super-structured forms of the sport that take away the soul and inject all the other bullshit associated with corporate America.

Originally posted by Blurred Elevens
    and inject all the other bullshit associated with corporate America.
    yes because ski racing is so wildly popular in america.

SICK that make the US ALpine Championships even more exciting to watch, hey ONS you get to go ski with him afterwards?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Yeah, thank god there's no corporate bullshit involved with the 'progressive' 'freeskiing' scene. No way any of the 'alternative' ski athletes would ever compromise anything to please their sponsors. The Hahnenkahm has more heart and soul than every jibber/freeride event in the world put together. 70 mph by your 2nd turn seems pretty soulful to me. Of course, I am an idiot.
    Here I am, a person that eats, drinks(heavily) and sleeps skiing. I live in a ski town, been skiing since I was three and love the sport with all my heart.

That being said, I don't give a fuck about ski racing, especially FIS and other super-structured forms of the sport that take away the soul and inject all the other bullshit associated with corporate America.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Thumbs up

Bump for the Bode!

It's still a far out chance but still a possible one.

Oh and cough.. cough what about Rahlves???
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by phUnk
    http://skiingismylife.com/media/cowbell.gif
    " I've got a fever....and the only cure is more cowbell" (to hell with Bode, Walken is the Man)
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by dipstik
    yes because ski racing is so wildly popular in america.

I'm not going to get into a long drawn out discussion with you about ski racing. I however know a little bit about considering I went to school with Picabo (olympic medal) and Lisa Kosglow.(also some olympic gold) America turns athletes over in a corporate turn and burn fuck nurturing our atheletes let's makes some bucks type way. Europeans on the other hand aren't in it for the money as much as pride and glory. On that note, I agree with you.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by LIP
    Yeah, thank god there's no corporate bullshit involved with the 'progressive' 'freeskiing' scene. No way any of the 'alternative' ski athletes would ever compromise anything to please their sponsors. The Hahnenkahm has more heart and soul than every jibber/freeride event in the world put together. 70 mph by your 2nd turn seems pretty soulful to me. Of course, I am an idiot.
    Hey JONG. We have a simple motto around here.

POST FIRST, THEN SMOKE CRACK. not the other way around.

You twisted a bunch of words around and replied to something not stated. I also would not call it soulful to ski down a rock-hard, icy rutted in-bounds groomer in the same track as 100 other stickchasing spandex wearing droids. Scary? Yeah. Soulful, FUCK NO. Don't confuse the two.

i'm really surprised that since bode and rahlves have been doing so well this season and schlopy could've done well also, that the media hasn't started broadcasting these events...its not everyday you get to see a guy go down an icy slope around 75mph wearing no protection except for his helmet...i mean what bode does on skiis at those speeds seem to defy the laws of physics, i don't know why people wouldn't want to see that type of athleticism

Hey JONG. We have a simple motto around here.

POST FIRST, THEN SMOKE CRACK. not the other way around.

You twisted a bunch of words around and replied to something not stated. I also would not call it soulful to ski down a rock-hard, icy rutted in-bounds groomer in the same track as 100 other stickchasing spandex wearing droids. Scary? Yeah. Soulful, FUCK NO. Don't confuse the two.
    Soulful? These guys eat, drink, and sleep skiing, just like you. Except they do it 10 times more. These guys ski and train year round and do it for the love of the sport. You think Bode is rich? Hell no. He loves the sport, this is why he does it. America has so little play in ski racing anyway, so not like they are even a factor.

These are the guys that thousands of people, myself included, look up to. Everyone needs a role model.

And as for them skiing down "groomers"? Well, I don't think you call going down a 50 degree pitch at 80 mph a "groomer" by any means. In my mind ski racing is the most progressive and most important part of skiing. It's where it all comes from. But this is just me.