TR Mammy / Sierra BC

Damn it, this is try # 2 as the last one was too big!?!?!? <Rant/suggestion> Owens, why can't it at least save the text when it rejects the post. <Rant over>

Hit Mammy last weekend, this time with Mrs. Comish. Sat was spend bombing around on great packed pow and trademark mammy wind buff in P1 and 2. 3 and 4 were a bit more bumped and less buffed. The snow was amazing considering the warm temps. No freeze thaw yet, just soft niceness everywhere. Ok, there was some freeze thaw on the lower mtn and south facing stuff, but the top was still in great shape. That place rocks in the snow preservation department

Sun went so of Mammy for a little jaunt into the BC. First tour for Mrs. Comish in a few years as she didn't do any in the alps. 3000 vert and a few hours later she arrived to the ridge we were aiming for. She was good and tired so I was a bit worried about the ski down, but that was for nothing as she was whooping it up.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...3.04%20022.jpg

The mountains around there are amazing. Great 2000 - 4000 vert decents in all directions. The Sierra's really have served up the goods this year and has made livin in LaLa land almost good?!?!

Love this Couloir! Its gotta be >2500 verthttp://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...3.04%20015.jpg

There are some cool tracks down this face which is also 2000-2500vert.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...3.04%20001.jpg

EDIT: Think I got this pict chit
    Last edited by comish; 03-09-2004 at 04:36 PM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Did you take those pics? Those are nice. Real professional looking.

Nice TR. I was at the Summit that weekend (brag, brag), and I can see how Mammoth would've been good. Looking forward to the next trip.

Oh yeah, if you had fun in the Mammoth BC now, just wait until spring trips to Tioga Pass.

They are just snap shots on a tiny little auto digi cam. Didn't bring the "real" camera that day.

Now if I could just figure out how to make the picts show up in the post I would be stylin.

Ya, Bummed I'm missing the summit. We were staying with the rents = free lodging for the first time last weekend and Mrs. Comish has no interest in that long a drive. My plan to go this weekend took a crap with no ride home. Would have liked to met up with everyone, but I'm not really complaining as we had an awesome time.
    Last edited by comish; 03-09-2004 at 01:39 PM.

Right click on the pic itself and choose properties. If it doesn't end in a .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg or .gif (amoing a few others) it won't display.

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...3.04%20015.jpg
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Originally posted by SponsoredByDuctTape
    Did you take those pics? Those are nice. Real professional looking.

Nice TR. I was at the Summit that weekend (brag, brag), and I can see how Mammoth would've been good. Looking forward to the next trip.

Oh yeah, if you had fun in the Mammoth BC now, just wait until spring trips to Tioga Pass.
    Let me know when you guys are planning on hitting Tioga Pass, I'd definitely be down for that..

Bump for Tioga Pass.

Ok, so as the photo jong, I just clicked on properties and they are .jpg photos, so what is my problem?

It's the string of characters (letter & numbers) that end in a .jpg that have to go in between the {IMG} and {/IMG} where {} is replaced by [].
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

comish,

the image posting information is a bit vague here. My first atttempt looked like yours. My second post in below thread has an FYI on inserting image urls from the galleries if one does not actually wish to display an image in a post. Otherwise use the "Attach file" field in the posting page to insert a single image from your local computer which will display in a thread.

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...ight=galleries

Looking forward to getting down to MM and Owens Valley later this month. Just so much interesting bc possibilities with huge fall line verticals. Topos be marked up. -dave

Comish, did you check the mammoth ride share boards for a ride home?
    Also, I go up almost every weekend and sometimes have room in my car - pm me if you ever need a ride.

Comish - It won't be long for the spring/summer migration of Tahoes maggots heading down there to hook up with you from the north.
    See ya soon!

Comish, open the pic, right click, go to properties, copy the address (make sure you get it all), hit the IMG button , paste the address.

Cool pics man. I too, am in for the Tioga madness.

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...3.04%20001.jpg

Yoga..

I need the ride from the Tahoe summit, not from Mammy, but thanks for the suggestion and offer for ride.

Splat, I'm thinking eastside mini in April/May???

So I got picts up, but why are they so tiny?

Originally posted by comish:
    So I got picts up, but why are they so tiny?
    Don't copy the properties from the little pics, copy them from the big ones.

CAW!!

CAW!!!
    CAW!