Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Haha I did this onetime at the top of bobsled in the new, green, spring grass. Just looked nice so I laid my bike down next to me and took a quick nap. About 15 minutes in, some guy stops and wakes me up. He though I had crashed. Haha I guess I was glad someone had noticed.

Oh and I love riding the Wasatch Crest at night. I thought I knew that trail front to back, but it is a new beast at night.
    YES! Mid ride naps are the shit. A couple years ago I'd take naps at the top of climbs. When I would wake up there is that split second of not really knowing where you are when yuo realize it, it ADDS frosting to the cake! YeeHaw!!

Night rides are fun as shit and add some beastlyness for sure, but sometimes they get damn cold!!

I've never stopped riding nearly every day, no matter what country I'm in, ever since I first got the training wheels taken off when I was like maybe 5?. Been loving every day I ride ever since then.

Graduated from various little kid bikes to my first banana seat Schwinn when I was 8...and then one with the car-style shifter(Apple-crate??) when I was 10. Then to ten-speeds in middle school and high school and mountain bikes in college. Then post-college to fancier road-bikes and fancier mountain bikes.
    And now, I've gone back to simplicity with a folding tradional frame 26" mountain bike. I got a folding one so I can fold it up and stick it in my rover and ride everyday everywhere. Barely takes space in the back. I take it to europe, fold it, take it on busses.

I just now tried to take it folded as carry-on on the plane with me....but they wouldn't allow it...even though it folds smaller than a folding wheelchair (well, same size, really...(26"wheels).

Point is I just fucking LOVE biking!!! I'm like the Forrest Gump of biking.

I Love the lightness of the 'vehicle'...how it becomes part of you.

I love the speed....maybe only 18 - 22 mph, but on a bike that feels plenty fast.

I love the simplicity of a bike...the quiet power. You get out of it what you put into it.

The fucking wind in your hair!

Biking under moonglow!!!

Biking with your girl!! (MY girl...lol)

I love EVERY fucking thing about bikes and biking.

Except long, super steep uphills where I start switch-backing the whole empty road just to get up the damn thing!

Bikes are the best invention ever!!!

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Got on the trainer last night for the first time since breaking my collarbone ~3 weeks ago. Trainers suck, but it felt good to spin. Looking forward to a winter of getting my bike dialed in so its ready for me when I'm ready for it in the spring!

Because it's awesome.

Ahh, one of those 2 or 3 weeks of the year when the trails are in the 99th percentile of sickness. Every ball bearing rock is glued down, every inch of soil is tacky, no mud, no dust, no bugs, perfect temperature... Every element coming together to make riding trail almost like skiing pow.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Being out for a few weeks due to injury, and patiently waiting to get back on the bike.... and then yesterday, I decided to take my 29er out for an hour to see how things felt. Definitely not back to full strength, but damn did I miss riding. Even a 45-minute spin on smooth dirt felt oh-so-nice. I can't wait to get on my Nomad again.

daylight savings time.

It usually takes place in warm weather.

It doesn't have to be a huge full day or half day commitment (a good ride can be had in 2 hours).

I don't have to wear ski boots to do it.

You start riding outside and realize all those super fun roller rides were really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    You start riding outside and realize all those super fun roller rides were really worth it.
    +1

definitely

riding a brand new trail, not yet completed, and enjoying the juicy corner berms

Looking forward to riding the around the mountain trail when it is completed and after a season of moisture

Seeing lots of possibilities with the new trail for "fire mitigation" also

Showing Danny MacAskill's Imaginate video to your 3.5 year old, then having him ask to watch it over and over and over again. Little dude has probably watched it 50 times in the past 5 days.

#1 what DTM said. Sam seriously loves watching that bike movie!
    #2 because it's made my grieving process for our stillborn daughter last year that much more bearable, easier and made me feel the best I've ever felt in my life. It IS awesome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pukehilltop.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	574.5 KB 
ID:	140151
    you sketchy character, you

The Doe with twin fawns that let me roll right past saturday evening. The Moose that refused to yield last night.

The smile on my sons face when he makes it through a tecnical spot on the third try.

The peace it gives me that isn't present in other parts of my life.

*kid throwing a tantrum*

"You need to knock it off right now or you're not watching Crankworx after dinner."

*kid immediately apologizes and becomes perfectly behaved*

Not getting sprayed by the skunk(s) I almost ran over two Saturdays in a row.

I need to find a new place to ride.