Thread: Summit Day 4

Summit Day 4

Nater, DJ, and I got there a bit late. I messed up and forgot my helmet at the house, so I had to turn around on 89. Doh!

Didn't matter though since we got there and hooked up with everyone right away. Took a ride up 10 and then headed to the backside. It was BC time again. A large crew headed for West Shore again, the Canadians pushed out to a chute in Broadway, and Nater and I went for California Chute. The main entrance was in the shade a bit, so we took the skier's right entrance. The turns in there were very nice. We hit it maybe 15-30 minutes early, but I would never complain. It was fun to ski that sucker.

As it worked out we ended up meeting the Canadians in the bowl at the bottom of both chutes, and then skied down to the Lake. Oooooooohhhhh!!!!! The corn on the way down was the best I've ever skied. Hero mach GS turns were the order of the run; and unfortunately when I went to straightline across the lake I found out that soft AT boots don't really hold speed well, especially when compressing across a ridge. I almost managed to hold it together, but alas I blew apart like Charlie Brown. Good thing I went back for that helmet.

So we hiked out of there and Nate and I went to drop off our BC gear in the car. Went back out for a lap on Vista and discovered that my huck is gone for now. Big shark's tooth sticking out. Big turns down Vista and then off to 6 to meet lph. We decided to hit Ooops, which is actually holding up well. The bumps below were fairly soft too. At one point lph turns around and says, "Dan Cliffs." Yup. So we ski down and take this little 5-6 footer on the left side. I decided to throw in the grab, and successfully pull it off... The only problem was I got too far forward. I landed on the front half of my skis, both heels released, and my neck cracked about 5 times as I commando rolled forward. It was like a free chiro adjustment. Once again, good thing I brought the helmet.

I'm off to the BC tomorrow. I apologize in advance for missing some of you at the Wood tomorrow. I've never been to Tallac though, and it's calling me. I'll definitely be at the Wood on Wednesday.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Keep it coming.