Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Oh, her bike is fixed....and it makes a noise...a noise that no matter how far away you are, you know she's right there.

you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    Oh, her bike is fixed....and it makes a noise...a noise that no matter how far away you are, you know she's right there.

crap.. i forgot abou that.... i think it's a warped rotor.

maybe i will ride w/ ipod on...
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    crap.. i forgot abou that.... i think it's a warped rotor.

maybe i will ride w/ ipod on...
    Yep, you have some good noise coming from that bike. I think it sounds like your hubs are too tight - check there first.

We'll probably be on quarry sometime this evening.

Rode this morning. I haven't seen the Quarry that uncrowded, quiet and beautiful for a long, long time.

Morning rides have to be the best right now.

anyone want to ride this evening? mtn or road? I'm debating between riding quarry or climbing up millcreek on the roadie.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

Cross-posted in the Wasatch Trail Conditions thread, but I'm riding in Draper tonight. 5:30ish at the Draper pool if anyone wants to join.

Quote Originally Posted by tradygirl View Post
    Cross-posted in the Wasatch Trail Conditions thread, but I'm riding in Draper tonight. 5:30ish at the Draper pool if anyone wants to join.
    egads.. i know i should.. but my quads are so sore! maybe.. I'll holla at you later.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

We're riding somewhere tonight, but not sure where yet. Thinking about heading up to PC for a Spiro - John's. Depends on how quickly J can get out of work. If he gets stuck there late, I might be up for riding in Draper - I still want to explore out there!

I definitely ate/drank more than I rode this weekend in Moab so I definitely need to get my arse out!!

Quote Originally Posted by utsnowgirl View Post
    We're riding somewhere tonight, but not sure where yet. Thinking about heading up to PC for a Spiro - John's. Depends on how quickly J can get out of work. If he gets stuck there late, I might be up for riding in Draper - I still want to explore out there!

I definitely ate/drank more than I rode this weekend in Moab so I definitely need to get my arse out!!
    That's what I was thinking. I haven't tried Spiro on the SS yet, but I'll give it a shot. And Draper is close, so if no one is up for PC tonight, I could do that. (John's is my favorite though, so anything involving that sounds better!)
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I'd love to ride with you guys, but I prefer not to drive all the way up to PC on a Monday night without Josh, especially while it's still cool enough to ride the local trails. It's going to be 75deg tonight in the city, so I figured I'd take advantage. So, I guess what I'm saying is - I'm riding Draper.

I'd love to ride with you guys, but I prefer not to drive all the way up to PC on a Monday night without Josh, especially while it's still cool enough to ride the local trails. It's going to be 75deg tonight in the city, so I figured I'd take advantage. So, I guess what I'm saying is - I'm riding Draper.
    You talked us into it. T & I will be at the draper pool parking lot at 5:30, ok? JoshP, AG?

I soooooooooo wanna ride w/ you guys but we have all of my family coming over for Dan's b-day.

I can ride Tues, Wed and Thurs. this week.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    You talked us into it. T & I will be at the draper pool parking lot at 5:30, ok? JoshP, AG?
    I didn't even see this yesterday but I'm surprised we didn't run into you. We met one of the guys I work with and some of his friends at the trailhead by the temple at about 6:15 and rode from there.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

AG - I can't believe we didn't see you. We only saw like three other bikers on our whole ride. The loop we did last night ended up being super fun! I really like that area. We started on the BST and worked our way east to Corner Canyon. Then we climbed Clark's to the top of Suncrest and backtracked the same way back to the car. Good climbs and enough sharp turning and switchbacks to keep you on your toes.

We... headed northeast out of the trailhead and up to where you connect to the northern part of the BST, then took the gravel road up to where you jump on a sweet singletrack back down to where Clarks and the southern part of the BST meet right next to the trailhead again. That singletrack is a blast. We looked at the old singletrack we used to do all the time and it is absolutely destroyed by horses. A few years ago it was beautiful and buffed out. Ugh.

hey hey.... riding tomorrow (wednesday) morning with Brenda and Barb. Planning to ride bobsled (will be the first time for me! holler!) I think we're gonna climb up dry creek to bst, to bobsled for a quick pre-work ride. If anyone wants to meet up, holler.

Also want to ride Thursday night after work. Pretty sure Brenda is in, and AC, and AG (if you're back from Idaho?). No set trail yet, but might be fun to check out Draper for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    I didn't even see this yesterday but I'm surprised we didn't run into you. We met one of the guys I work with and some of his friends at the trailhead by the temple at about 6:15 and rode from there.
    AG - I can't believe we didn't run into you out there. Great trails - hope to keep exploring out there.

Lynx - Wish I could ride Thurs, but I'm back in class starting this week. Maybe next time!

looks like Bryce Kellogg and I are going to ride Draper BST tonite, starting closer to 6pm. trying to figure out where to start from in the next few hours.

best recommendations so far?
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    looks like Bryce Kellogg and I are going to ride Draper BST tonite, starting closer to 6pm. trying to figure out where to start from in the next few hours.

best recommendations so far?
    We parked at the pool and started climbing from there. I would probably do it differently next time so I had a bit of a warm up before the crazy steep winding climb!! (which was pretty fun, btw).

Tracie & Connie know the area better than I do - they may have some better recommendations.

Have fun!

trady and utsg, did you guys just climb from the pool and ride out and back? or did you do the "short loop" described on UTMTB that says it goes up Oak Hollow and back down Spring Hollow?

Its looking like brenda, AC, and I are going to try out the Draper trail tomorrow after work. Any landmarks we should look out for as far as following the trail?

Snowfire was saying they rode out that way a bit ago and didn't really know where to go, so since I haven't been out there, we'll need the best way to go...unless some of you can join us Thursday too!

Rode with Snowfire tonight, she is a machine uphill! (she does need a kick in the butt on the downhill though. GO FASTER!)

I'm also riding with Steve Lloyd on Friday morning, 8am. I know it's the Quarry again (trust me, I'm getting away from it every time, so don't worry) but I LOVE morning rides these days, so if anyone wants to come, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    trady and utsg, did you guys just climb from the pool and ride out and back? or did you do the "short loop" described on UTMTB that says it goes up Oak Hollow and back down Spring Hollow?

Its looking like brenda, AC, and I are going to try out the Draper trail tomorrow after work. Any landmarks we should look out for as far as following the trail?
    So, we rode up Oak Grove and connected with the BST until we reached what seemed like the top of the trail - I think we crossed the corner canyon road?? but not quite sure - at that point, I was sorta done climbing. From there, we headed back the way we came, and popped out near the redstone?? trailhead. We road on the rode for a quarter mile or so until we hit Spring Hollow, which we followed back towards the pool.

Tracie road BST in the other direction out towards the paragliding park, and said she liked the way we went better.

The trails are pretty well marked with signs - pretty easy to find your way around.

Have fun! I'm definitely up for a ride almost any night but Thurs.

A couple landmarks...Oak Hollow starts on the southwest side of the roundabout. Don't go through the tunnel (stay left) at the top of the oak hollow climb if you want to hit west-bound BST. Once you reach the road after riding Oak Hollow, cross Mark Weir Dr to get on the BST. If you take the BST west out-and-back like UTSG and I did, hit the "Red Rock" trailhead on the way back. Turn right on Mike Weir Dr. Cross the street when you see a parking lot on the north side of the road and hit the spring hollow trail (marked with a brown sign). Once you get past the golf course, you will eventually get to Vestry Rd. Turn left and head back to the pool. Good luck.

Anyone want to ride this weekend? I was thinking of checking out Round Valley to see if I'd still be interested in the 12 hour race in June.

I'd be up for riding Saturday evening, or Sunday morning / Sunday evening...
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

ok, so for anyone interested injoining us, we're planning to meet at the draper pool at 6:15 tonight. Will probly ride up oak hollow, and then maybe out the bst to the west for however long we feel like and then back and maybe back down the spring hollow way. if not, back down oak hollow. So far it's myself, AC, and Brenda.