Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    Aw, you Utah chicks and your riding thread which I'm so jealous of!!!!!!
    Totally wish I could join too but I'm all the way in Vancouver.
    Luckily we've got a great chick riding community called the Muddbunnies.

We even have our own nude calendar for 2007 to get publicity, stir interest and raise some money for the North Shore Mountain Biking Association.

If any of you maggettes ever want to ride the North Shore, you'll always find girls to show you around.

www.muddbunnies.com

Just tried to ride the Quarry...it looks so nice in the valley, but half way up the trail it was dumping snow, kinda interesting...

Maybe next time.
    you sketchy character, you

I heard that the front side of Glenwild in PC is dry, and plan on heading up there to do three things:

• Check out the trail.

• Check out my new bike and see what it needs to get dialed.

• Check out how well the dog behaves on the trail with me on a bike rather than on running shoes. (He stays pretty close and is well behaved when I run, but I want him to learn to run behind the bike, so I can keep him out of the way of people we pass.)

Anyone that wants to come is welcome!
    Last edited by yentna; 04-13-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

I want to ride after work a couple times this week if possible.

Anyone want to go? We haven't had a ladies ride yet, let's do it!

PM or call me if you want to go. I imagine I'll do the Quarry one of those days...

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    I want to ride after work a couple times this week if possible.

Anyone want to go? We haven't had a ladies ride yet, let's do it!

PM or call me if you want to go. I imagine I'll do the Quarry one of those days...
    Hey Liz!

It's about time we started posting to this thread again!!

I'm sure I'll be riding lots this week too, so we should definitely try to hook up, epecially if you're riding quarry. Rode it today, and the rain actually helped smooth out some of the looser sections.

We're also talking about venturing out to check out some of the trails in Draper after work one of these days too. I'll let ya know!

i'm probably going to head up to quarry sometime this afternoon/early evening.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Skiguide-

Dan and I are going to the Quarry tonight...we can't get there till about 6pm, is that too late? Look for us at that time or give me a call.

Thanks for a great ride utsnowgirl and skiguide.

Let's do that again soon!

Anybody want to ride tomorrow evening? I also really want to check out some of the Draper trails if you Sandy/Draper types are up for it. 5:30ish? I'm thinking either Draper shoreline or something in Corner Canyon.

I'm up in Logan / Idaho for the next few days or I would, for sure. Anyone want to come ride with me up here?
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by tradygirl View Post
    Anybody want to ride tomorrow evening? I also really want to check out some of the Draper trails if you Sandy/Draper types are up for it. 5:30ish? I'm thinking either Draper shoreline or something in Corner Canyon.
    Hm, I'm booked tomorrow night, but might be up for something Thursday after work. I've never really ridden the Draper trails, and would love to check thems out, especially since they're so close to work!

soooooo, just rode for the 4th time of the season before work today, and hoping to make it more frequent now. my arse is sadly out of shape and needs a few good ass kickings. especially in prep for puke hill. felt a lot better today than the last time i rode the same trail though. (and for those who were worried, i lifted my quarry trail ban this week, hah, you can all rejoice now )

was going to ride tomorrow morning, too, but i have the cable dude coming sometime in that billion hour span to hook me up. bahhh

also, my former roommate, who i will now refer to as my friend Brenda from now, and I are planning a trip to Fruita for the weekend of the 18th. Anyone else want to go???

BST Draper - 5:45 this evening for anyone interested. Meet at the Draper Pool parking lot.

I'm out - work meeting. Yay.

But I'm in town and around - the PC trails are dry but I need a guide for the SLC trails.

Lynx - the AM bike rides are the best! Went for a super short one this morning, starts the day off much better.

I'd like to ride Thursday after work if I can swing it.

I'll do whatever. Post here if ya'll can go for a ride. I'm thinking 5:30ish

Lynx-you should work as early as you can Thursday so you can come ride with us!

i will be working early on thursday, but then i will be at the airport. after Tuesday i'll have more flexible riding schedule.

everyone should go to the party at Liz's on Sat. though!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yentna View Post
    I'm out - work meeting. Yay.

But I'm in town and around - the PC trails are dry but I need a guide for the SLC trails.

Lynx - the AM bike rides are the best! Went for a super short one this morning, starts the day off much better.
    Did you ever end up doing Bobsled? Lemme know when you can make into the valley, we've been hitting it up a bunch lately. It's primo.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

OK, the Draper BST area is pretty dang fun. It's not like the SLC BST...it's skinnier, less crowded (I only saw two people), and a little more techy. Plus, there's a few more options. It kinda reminds me of a cross between PCMR (think John's with less roots) and the SLC BST. The singletrack is skinny (probably no more than 10 inches wide in most places), and the trails are cut pretty well, although some are still in progress. Not as much consistent climbing as Dry Creek/City Creek, but there's some good pumpers. That area is going to be sweet once the development really gets rockin. I checked out the west Draper area (Oak Hollow, Spring Hollow, BST) and I'm psyched to check out the Corner Canyon stuff.

The other cool thing - it only took me 15 minutes to get home from the trailhead (I live downtown). I daresay it's even faster access than Dry Creek/Bobsled.

If anyone's interested in some more after-work rides out there before it starts getting too hot, I'd love to go explore some more.

J and I are sorta playing it by ear tonight, but might do a quarry ride at some point. We have some packing to do before we leave for Moab tomorrow.

I still want to check out Draper trails, but might have to put that off until next week.

Tracie - did you get out on Draper BST? How was it?

**DOH! a few minutes too late!

sweet recon! i'd love to ride down there next week with you guys

how far south do you start riding? AC and i tried to ride a section last year that starts just a bit south of LCC once, but there was too much snow at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Did you ever end up doing Bobsled? Lemme know when you can make into the valley, we've been hitting it up a bunch lately. It's primo.
    Hijack: No - didn't end up making it that time. Now I've got a headset issue (self-tightening during rides) that I've gotta fix before that bike is up and running. Maybe mid next week? Tuesday evening or Thursday would be good for me.

As for chica riding - went for a solo singlespeed ride this morning as a pseudo commute to work via Glenwild. Graduate to Fink Again to 24/7 to Stealth to road to local office. Good grief! 35 minutes of climbing on that thing will do a number to a person! Felt awesome though, and didn't wuss out on the climbs thanks to the lack of granny gearing. Great way to start the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    sweet recon! i'd love to ride down there next week with you guys

how far south do you start riding? AC and i tried to ride a section last year that starts just a bit south of LCC once, but there was too much snow at the time.
    I started at the Draper Pool off Highland Drive just east of I-15. Check out the trail descriptions for BST Draper and Oak Hollow on www.utahmountainbiking.com.

I probably won't be able to ride again out there until next week. I'm pretty free every night, so you guys let me know if you want to ride beforehand so I can bring my bike to work.

I can't ride tonight, but am doing a random Friday morning Quarry ride. I'll start riding by 8:30am...in case anyone can make it. (I don't normally ride in the a.m.)

Also, I'm riding my road bike up Millcreek on Saturday if anyone feels like doing such a thing.

so no one is riding tonite?? Fine. I will go by myself.

I actually have a meeting in Orem this afternoon, so may drag the bike and check out whats down that way. (person i'm meeting with says he rides within 10 mins of the office)
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    so no one is riding tonite?? Fine. I will go by myself.

I actually have a meeting in Orem this afternoon, so may drag the bike and check out whats down that way. (person i'm meeting with says he rides within 10 mins of the office)
    Cool - have fun and let us know what you find. I know of some pretty fun trails down there, used to be my riding staple.

Does that mean your bike is reassembled?