BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest

The Shield - Season 6

Is anybody still watching this show? Michael Chiklis resumes your regularly scheduled asses being beating down and doors being kicked in on April 3rd.

Thumbs up

Counting the days. This season might be the best yet!
    Montani Semper Liberi

Thats another season pass show for tivo.
    Livin the moon time.

I went to school with the creator/executive producer.
    Who wants to touch me?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Is anybody still watching this show? Michael Chiklis resumes your regularly scheduled asses being beating down and doors being kicked in on April 3rd.

I heard it's going to be the last season ?
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Nope. The last season starts in 15 minutes.

TIVO up, beeyotches.

Only four episodes left, and in the last two I was actually nervous. As in, I didn't want to look at the TV. Not since the first season of "Lost" did that happen. What an amazing show this is wrapping up to be.

If you want some good info about the last two episodes, check out this article: http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/10/watching-the-sh.html

It may contain some "spoilers" depending on how far you are.

Helldawg Guest
    I didn't follow the show until the last season, and I'm really digging it. Things are going to go ballistic in the 90 minute finale this week.

Really liking Sons of Anarchy too, I bet that's gonna have a season 2 for sure.

Last episode tonight. So stoked....gonna be crazy.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

SPOILER ALERT

Last night's "final episode" absolutely fucking blew me away. I laid in bed for almost an hour just rocked... I felt friggen hollow inside. That was one fine piece of writing/acting/directing.

The desperation from Shane was HEAVY. It hit me hard because I've got a 3 year old boy and little girl and could NOT imagine being in such a jam and knowing that your kids would:
    1. Hate you forever
    2. Know that you were a total shitbag cop killer
    3. Never see you outside of prison again

I could see those cogs turning in him through the episode and the scene where Claudette and Dutch find shane's wife and kid was gut wrenching. The way they let shane's life slowly drain out of him over each scene was chilling... and it was REALLY disturbing to see him blow his head off.

Vic flipping on Ronni was just the ultimate in making me despise Vic. I've always had this feeling that while Vic was a badass who did some really bad shit - he was at the core a good guy who would fight for his boys till the end. Seeing him in that ill-fitting suit sitting in a cube, his own slice of hell. Having his kids gone w/ no hope of finding them...

desperate fucking end of a show.

Thoughts on what Vic was off to do at the end of the show? I sorta read it as, "Fuck it... I'm gonna go find some shit to get into." although it could have been a "gotta find corrine and the kids" look.

Not sure.

The shane shit was heavy but incredibly fitting. His situation was so bad. I was a bit surprised at the whole wife and kid thing, but definitely a crazy scene.

I was fucking pissed at what happened to Ronnie. That was bullshit.

I also wasn't too stoked on the ending with Vic. He had been a badass for so long I always figured somehow he would figure a way out of shit. But then again, he did some fucked up shit and there probably was no better way to fuck him over than taking his family away and putting him on desk duty.

I wasn't sure exactly what the deal was at the end of the episode when he left with the gun.....I figured it was a fuck it I am gonna go find some shit.

The whole shane ending, to me, was the best part of the episode. It was really sad but extremely well done.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 11-26-2008 at 12:35 PM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Agreed, the Shane scenes still haunt me a bit even a week later. Incredible.

I didn't enjoy the flipping-on-Ronnie-without-a-plan thing, I thought he was going to pull something at the end, but alas, he did not. Not sure what that accomplished...as mentioned, even though he was dirty, you thought he always had the team's back. I guess all that did prove is that he's very conceited and thinks he can get away with anything/control everything, but in the end, he couldn't.

I kind of thought that the very ending he could be off to start some shit, but I think all he did was go home. The smirk at the gun was probably just thinking about all the trouble that little piece of equipment has caused for so many people, but in the end, he's just a dirty cop.