anyone ski kickinhorse today?

urgent snow condition report needed. We are heading out for a 3 day hut trip and temps are yoyoing with lots o moisture. I'm sure you can see what the concern is. The advanced weather data for the mtn. is kind of screwy between 1900hrs on the 24th and 0600hrs on the 25th. 35cm of new but height of snow down from 260cm to 220cm and then back up to 275cm? Doesn't really add up. Please some real info.

Thanks

and SSV was all snow. 20cm fresh.

have fun, bring garbage bags.

play safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    and SSV was all snow. 20cm fresh.

have fun, bring garbage bags.

play safe.
    SSV was sick this past weekend, especially the dive today.
    Big mountain or Bust.

west opened at 10:30ish, nice turns too.

We skied Kicking Horse today- 11 cm of new. Rain line was around 5500' (too late in the day to convert to meters). Above the 5 pm rain line it was lovely- 11 on top of 11 from the day before. and some sun peeking throuhg, so a bit more visibility. Go on the hut trip- even if you have some breakable crust down low it will be good up high. Stability is probably more of a vital question, actually. Which hut are you going to?

We are up to Rogers in the am, will play it very carefully- moderate angle trees e.g. Griz shoulder or some such.

And mntlion- you wouldn't believe how many comments Dan got at KH on the shelf-papered CMH Explosivs- one of them is bent now(not from today), but what a great ski.

I'll third the report that SSV was sweet today. My first time there. Tonight, I'm getting jiggy with Canmore's hot nightlife.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    west opened at 10:30ish, nice turns too.
    More spring like, but had lots of fun in there. The lower portion is getting very manky late in the day. Oh wait...we're supposed to be talking about kicking horse.
    Big mountain or Bust.

skiing: kinda wet up high. really wet down low - heavy skining and heavy skiing.

snowpack: lots of wet point release in the HST, nothing to be to concerned about though. the feb 2nd crust may start being a problem in the next couple of days/weeks we had it going sudden planer under medium compression tests 1.3m down on a bunch of aspects. Typically the crust character was 4 fingers / rounded above - pencil / ice - fist / depth whore bellow.

Puskas, Heading that way, should be there for Monday afternoon. May have a heli lined up. Call my cell asap.
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

Skied friday, saturday and sunday. Top was tits, bottom was ass. The bottom was the worst yesterday. Only made two gondo laps, rode the Stairway instead. Feuz was deep all three days. If I wasn't sitting at work i'd be there again. If anyone comes through the canyon, honk at the bridge site.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Skied KH Friday and was good , mostly on stairway but laps to the bottom by Fuez were very nice. Supper coverage this year and the bottom half is groomed. Sat at LL was very good, got some knee deep in spots on ER5. Sounds like SSV would have been the place to be on Sunday.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

updates?

how are things looking for KH, LL, SV this weekend?

Hey, how big is the "Clit Rock" (a.k.a. "Pride Rock") air if you hit the ramp straight on with a little speed? Not going huge, but not going slow either.

Under the gondy, right at the base of where CPR starts to form as you're going up, below the little cliff bands?
    Last edited by Yossarian; 03-29-2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Will be there tomorrow with my roomate. If you see a huge teler with a white jacket and mutton chops then give a yell.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"