Two in a Row (Pictures and Vid)

Last edited by ak_powder_monkey; 03-06-2004 at 10:17 PM.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Video here

Me off headwall then, Nicholai at Alp, and then Sam Levine doing the huck
    Skiing at ALy
    Last edited by ak_powder_monkey; 03-06-2004 at 10:19 PM.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    I found myself critiquing the gapers until one of you monkeys hucked that cliff. That was pretty cool. Keep up the stoke AND video AK.

Alright full Tr:

With a phonecall I was awoken "Man I'm leaving my house now." I rolled out of bed took a quick shower and pulled on my chlothes, grabbed my skis, and ski chlothes, vid cam and digicam. After a quick 20 minutes Nicholai shows up at my door and we start the drive out to Aly. Talk turns from how nice the weather is to ragging on my stupidity to how freaking sexy the Jaks are to how skinny my PEs are to how sexy we are (we're really not) and back to skiing. We reached Girdwood at about 10 am, got our lift tickets and sat down on chair 4. Chair six was lapped a few times, the snow was kinda hard but not bad, good firm groomers and fast speeds. After a few laps I decided it was time for me to step it up and hit christmas chute. I went to the point of no easy return standing there scared as hell looking down a 45° chute not more then 15 feet wide, steeper then anything I've ever been on before. Alone wind in my face heart pumping I begin to make slow cautious hop turns. My mind goes from fear of not being able to do it to alright I'm doing it I'm doing it. The snow was hard and a little moguled but not ice by any meens. Hop Hop Hop, now I'm halfway down 30-40 foot cliff on either side of me alone, I feel so small turn turn turn turn chute widens I start linking turns speed now then bumpy strange snow hard then soft powder then ice looking back I see the 2000 feet of steep vert I had just skied.

12 noon I meet nicholai at the upper tram and notice they opened Max's I mention that we need to go find some pow halfway up chair six I see a person hinking op the ridge going to the headwall, all the hexagons had became trapazoids, I pointed "we're doing the headwall" I have wanted the headwall since I learned to ski powder. Straitline to the hike speed, tuck, wind snow. Click off my skis and start hiking, five minutes later I click back in and start the hairy traverse. Skis on my pack now hiking up a steep steep ridge. I'm practicly running in anticipation, its a white room snow begins to fall I'm swimming through powder to make it up. We pass the patrollers who warn us to stay off the cornice and on the trail. A little bit of traversing left then I hand nicholai my bag and watch him ski off into the pow. Nicholai stops gives me the signal that the film is rolling I drop in turn snow to my knees, turn again, snow to my nipples, turn snow to my neck, turn face shot, face shot, done pack back on ski down to the cliff see someone on it "I'm gonna film you hold on a sec" I put the camera to my eay "ok drop when you're ready" he hucks rolls and smiles I ski down show him the vid and ski away.

The rest of the day was spent lapping chair six untill you couldn't see the snow beneath your feet. Snowing hard we get into the car "Man all a man needs is a clean trout stream, snow, a single track and a women, we got two out of three not bad man." Nicholai says something about how thats a stupid coment we get into the car and drive away

Thumbs up

good stuff man!

man-that sounds like one hell of a day!! Was that your friend that hucked the cliff or just someone you saw? your a lucky guy to grow up with those massive peaks in your back door and im glad your puttin them to good use! Keep the pics and vids coming!
    yeah

Originally posted by bluewood_skier
    man-that sounds like one hell of a day!! Was that your friend that hucked the cliff or just someone you saw? your a lucky guy to grow up with those massive peaks in your back door and im glad your puttin them to good use! Keep the pics and vids coming!
    Just some kid on top of the cliff, I wanted to huck but hurting myself right before a race wasn't a chance I wanted to take

just so you know i was the random kid on the cliff it was actually kinda nice seeing him drop down and ask if he could tape me thanks
    -Huck It-

Originally posted by Sham
    just so you know i was the random kid on the cliff it was actually kinda nice seeing him drop down and ask if he could tape me thanks
    Too bad that little ridge I was on didn't have a nice little cliff under it, I thought it did

haha yeahh im thinking about next weekend going up and gapping that cliff did you see the cliff above it im not sure but i think if i hit that one right i can gap the cliff i did this weekend and land fairly soft
    -Huck It-

Originally posted by Sham
    haha yeahh im thinking about next weekend going up and gapping that cliff did you see the cliff above it im not sure but i think if i hit that one right i can gap the cliff i did this weekend and land fairly soft
    Umm that would just be sick, but if you screwed up oww

haha yeahh buttt i screwed this one up im still mad i fell i totally had itt but yeah i really wanna do it just dont know if its possible
    -Huck It-

Oh my God, they're multiplying!

BobMc

did you feed him after midnight bob?

CHEESE IS GOOD