Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bubbas BBQ - Jackson - Best ski town restaurant ever?

I came, I ate, I brought and drank my own 12 pack of PBR. Yes Bubbas is truely the shit. I come in with a fresh 12 pack of my own, and the waitress brings a 5 gallon bucket of ice to keep em cool in one hand, and a full rack of ribs in the other. Cant beat that service, and their jalepeno bbq sauce is pure money.

For those who guided me here, I cannot thank you enough.
    Live Free or Die

deffinatly dude, bubbas rules, theres one in cody also that i hit up all the time
    It was called the eighties, Ford was president, Nixon was in the white house, and FDR was running the country into the ground.

There friggin breakfasts are truly amazing as well! Best damn hangover cure ever.

I tol' ya so!
    Dinosaur may have better nightlife, food, and 'scenery', but Bubbas...it's got it's own deal going....

I heart Bubbas.
    SLOWER TRAFFIC
    KEEP RIGHT
    http://shifter102.blogspot.com/

i dunno....comparing bubbas to the dino?? bubbas is great and all, but the dino is on a whole other level!!
    "Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will." -Homer Simpson

Well, I WASN'T comparing....but Dino isn't in a Ski Town, last I checked.
    (Trust me, I spent ten years in the 'cuse verifying that!)

The Dino also didn't serve breakfast, or let you brown bag...but the actual BBQ is a whole 'nother matter.
    You KNOW I know what I'm talkin' bout.

talkin about Dinosaur in Syracuse??

Bubba's is the place in J Hole. The best part is it is within walking distance from the sweetest (cheapest) motel...The virginian.
    Bonfire Films

Quote Originally Posted by pattyowe View Post
    Bubba's is the place in J Hole. The best part is it is within walking distance from the sweetest (cheapest) motel...The virginian.
    ditto that from my very first ski trip out west with the Purdue Ski Club in spring of '89 on two double-decker buses .... amazing views of Hoback Canyon through a big, phat bubble window up-front on the upper level = $$$

thanx for bringing back the memories

p.s. not braggin, but having turned into a Q-afiaondo (sp?) over the years - bubba's ain't shit - I could kill bubba's on my own, let alone the soul places back east in KC, Memphis, the Carolinas, Georgia, etc. - but for truely one of the top 3 ski towns in the lower 48, bubbas kills it!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

^^^^^AGREED^^^^^

As far as the actual BBQ, well, the less the said, the better. BUT, in terms of all it offers, in it's location, it has it's place.

i only go there for breakfast, FWIW.
    Biscuits....yumm....

I enjoyed bubbas thorughly on my trip several years ago.. not the best Q ever, but not bad at all.. and great sauces, excellent salads, and fun vibe. The Perkins across the street for some late night pie ain't bad either. actually, is that a Perkins...?
    Last edited by snowave; 03-20-2007 at 11:38 PM.
    sno...

It's not a Perkin's, it is a Village Inn.

ok, thanks for the quick correction.. just looked it up and didn't find one there... all I remember was the Pie!
    sno...

dinosaur BBQ!? holler, i wish they'd open one in SLC. one of those rare things i miss about rochester

I heard Bubba's has a college fund for employees. Not only do the waitstaff make fat cash in tips, but the owner has paid for like $200,000 worth of going back to school shit for his workers. That's fucking dope, if it's true.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    There friggin breakfasts are truly amazing as well! Best damn hangover cure ever.
    seconded!!!!!

I can't remember his name, but the 3 times i've been in jhole (97', 03' & 05'), I've eaten at Bubba's and had the same waiter every time, an asian dude that wears suspenders, he doesn't write anything down, despite the size of the group, he just says, "got it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    dinosaur BBQ!? holler, i wish they'd open one in SLC. one of those rare things i miss about rochester
    You can get their sauce mailorder, ya know.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Wow, there's one in NYC. Harlem? 646 W 131st St.

Bubbas is OK, but hardly "best ski town restaurant ever" and def. not best ribs ever.
    . . .

In my mind their is no finer ski town restaurant than Lost Horizon's in Driggs. More of a living room than a restaurant, the place is truly phenomenal in the most twisted kind of way. From the hosts to the food to the ambience, you will NOT regret getting there.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I came, I ate, I brought and drank my own 12 pack of PBR. Yes Bubbas is truely the shit.
    Not specifically directed at you or anything, but - I just don't understand the retarded bro-down cult fascination with Pabst. I mean, we've all had to drink it at one time or another, but the shit sucks. Sorry folks. It's not "cool" to put your visor beanie on and guzzle cheap beer trying to pretend you're a Beastie Boy or some gay shit.

PBR is swill. And bad swill at that. Yeah, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS View Post
    I can't remember his name, but the 3 times i've been in jhole (97', 03' & 05'), I've eaten at Bubba's and had the same waiter every time, an asian dude...
    Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS View Post
    that wears suspenders, he doesn't write anything down, despite the size of the group, he just says, "got it!"
    Those suspenders are generally yellow with yardstick measurements on them.

Yes. Bubba's rocks.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Its cheap, close to the Motel 6, its pretty darn good food without much of a wait, and you can bring loads of beer in with you.

I can't believe this thread made it to 22 posts without anyone mentioning Bubba's buttermilk pie. Best ever. Damn near worth the trip on their own.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Not specifically directed at you or anything, but - I just don't understand the retarded bro-down cult fascination with Pabst. I mean, we've all had to drink it at one time or another, but the shit sucks. Sorry folks. It's not "cool" to put your visor beanie on and guzzle cheap beer trying to pretend you're a Beastie Boy or some gay shit.

PBR is swill. And bad swill at that. Yeah, I said it.
    No I don't wear a visor, don't think I am a beastie boy but drink it because it's cheap.

At the liquor store in the belly of the Moose down here at the Hole it is the best thing going. $1.50 for a 24 ouncer. $2.00 for a 40 ouncer and $4.90 for a 6-pack of 16 ouncers. $8.80 for a 12 pack. A 6-pack of any other beer is going to cost you at least $8-$10. So, for the people who live/work/ride the village everyday, it is the clear choice.

Gotta love beer snobs...