Question How is Banff/LakeLouise Looking?

Decent at this time and worth flying from the lower USA to Canada or has it suffered from the lack of snow/heatwave in the last month like every place else and I am better off waiting till next year?

local opinions appreciated

I'm sitting in Jasper and it snowed 3 cms overnight and all day today so I'm thinking 20 cms or so the last little while and continued snow in the forecast.
    Don't let the rain in the forecast for Banff stop you as the higher elevations will be getting snow. Skiing at the hill here is so good right now and I imagine the Lake and Sunshine to be in similar shape.
    Usually spring is the best skiing for Banff/Jasper. Powder runs or hero slush! Either way quite fun. So I would get here and get here now.

Do it!

I second the great jetski's comments
    Move along nothing to see here.

It's good. In fact it's really good. Down low it's a bit springish but the upper elevation escaped the rain and got hit with a good deal of snow. I would venture to say that the coverage at Lake Louise is the best it has been in years. I imagine Sunshine is in the same boat. You will not regret coming up.

Sorry to hijack but while we're on the topic....

Im coming into golden on thursday night for a few days at KH - Im guessing same conditions as LL/SSV that have been mentioned in this thread due to the close proximity and similar weather patterns - please tell me I'm right!

I 2nd Powslut. The Lake was great this weekend aside from a massive hangover... Good snow, espiecally the backside of summit, Browshirt, H-gully were excellent.

Sunshine and Louise usually have winter conditions thru the end of April. And on that note April is by far the best month to ski the areas due to the conditions.

I was at k-Horse last week, it recieved some rain however had over 60cm fall on top and was sick. Faceshots and blower. Get your ass up to Canada.

Looked at the Marmot snow report this morning and I'm pissed that a meeting is keeping we in town. 25 cm new overnight, 10 inches for you imperial types. Snow like this should keep the rest of the season running smooth.

Holy shit!! 25cms! I bet the Knob got a bit more.
    Don't worry Weib I bet we won't be 100 % open until tommorrow. I'm out today too. I'll be content slidding around the 2 inches of ice in town. But tomorrow is game on. I have been eying up a six footer in Charlies and I'm gonna send it!

was there this weekend.flat light, but hey, the snow was good so who cares.
    Jesus would point it...

I'm in tomorrow, I have already taken the day off.

thanks everyone

for the update!

no good untill April 12ish, I have some buy one, get one 1/2 for lake louise, Marmot, nakiska, norquay.

I was at Sunshine on Saturday and conditions/coverage were awesome. A bit of flat light and wind but it was warm and the snow was soft/creamy. It was a bit manky/slushy at the bottom of Goats and the ski out but that is to be expected with the temps/precipitation last week. I was at Louise the weekend before and coverage is the best I've seen in a while, great conditions on ER5/6/7 and the WH gullies. Looking forward to 9 more weeks!

Kinda hijacking this thread but Jasper is fairly close to Lake Louise.

I was just reading and the whole house went dark. (its 120 p.m.) A crazy snow squal just buzzed in and it is absolutly nukin' right now. High winds and fat flakes. I can't wait to shred it up tommorrow. I think the super fats might get dusted off instead of the everyday fats.
    Weibs you scoping this?

Snowing in Banff like this right now. Anyone know?

Damn you guys

Its raining outside, our base is vanishing and I'm looking for a ticket to Calgary.
    'I dare to dream and differ from the hollow lies'

18cm last 24 hr at KH
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

It was a surprise knee deep powder day at louise today. It had snowed a trace in Banff with some rain, but got to the top of Lake Louise and the backside had filled in deep with absolutely no one around. Still found parking in the first lot at 11:30.

wow, that sounds empty. Was there there any rain at the bottom today?

Sunday it had a (thin) crust below around 2300m or so, above that I found some great stuff in that large bowl next to larch.

snowing in banff town right now.

should be great on hill

I might try for my 90 minutes skiing a week Wed AM....

40 to 60 cm new in the Spray Valley last night and during the day today.

Too bad I actually have work to get done tomorrow.

Yup, there was awesome suprise storm that passed through last night/today. Now if this cold gets bad enough for me not to get to work tomorrow, Kananaskis or resorts..........

agreeded, nakiskia might be the call for wed