Cool Summit Maggots: The other Wood

I just got off the phone with Splat. I mentioned to him that a few of us are going to Homewood on Wednesday. He raved about the place and didn't know why there isn't an official Summit day there.
    He said we'd have the place to ourselves on a weekday. Evidently not only is there some killer terrain at Homewood but if the sun is out it's one of the three Tahoe ski areas that makes it look like you are skiing right into the lake. He recently took some pictures there that he's pretty excited about and he is itching to introduce maggots to the place.

So, I hereby offer up a subgroup alternative for Wednesday: "Maggots Invade the Other Wood" day.

If anyone else is interested in hooking up wid us let us know. As we all know: Variety is the spice of life...

Dissidents forming splinter groups are subvertives who must be crushed. Like beetles.

What's the skiing like there? I always figured you'd ski it out in an hour or so.
    Last edited by bad_roo; 03-05-2004 at 02:29 PM.

Re: Summit Maggots: The other Wood

Originally posted by Endlessseason
    ...... but if the sun is out.....
    if? IF? This is California mang not Utah!!!

Yeah would be fun for whomever would like to go.....great views, great trees.....if you're for steeps, or anything super technical & challenging however, you might not find too much there. And yes, you would indeed have the place to yourselves.....but so would those that decide to go Kirkwood on Wednesday. Can't lose!

the sun is supposed to be out, the mountain is LOW elevation and you will be skiing alot of 'variable' snow.

i am hoping that there may be some corn skiing by wednsday.

Talking

Ya gotta admit--the maggots invading not one but two Woods does have a certain symmetry to it, don't it?

I be down wit dat, yo.

Only ridden Homewood once, Squaw and the rest of the resorts were on wind hold after a huge storm. Lil' ole Homewood was deep and no one was there. Definitely not much for steeps but great tree skiing.