Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    SG-Thanks for the offer; too cool of you. Unfortunately, my head is the size of a small moon or a large space station, and I am more of a Large helmet kind of guy. I really appreciate it though. Boss just came through while typing this, full face for tomorrow night is a go.

I can be to Bountiful by 5:00 tomorrow night, by the way. Have the bed of the Taco and a two bike Yakima thing that can carry any frame on the planet, and maybe a small motorcycle, or a sailboat of some sort (it is cool).

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    yah, right... you'll just stand me up like you did in OHIO! (just kidding, no big deal - but we had a huge open bar and not enough people drinking- i was counting on you to help out ).
    Damnit! My liver got plenty punished that afternoon anyway, I had to go pretend to listen to medical people talk about medical things while eating filet mignon and bottomless glasses of wine/beer/g&t's. Search people would've been much more fun...seriously! Sorry I missed it.

As for riding, I'll bring a cooler full of beer to make up for it

yo, I want to kill some DH trails this week. Are the trails you are talking about the Bountiful DH trails?

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    yo, I want to kill some DH trails this week. Are the trails you are talking about the Bountiful DH trails?
    yep. Parrish is probably in good shape too, but that takes more of a coordinated shuttle effort (like it would work best if we can recruit someone who doesn't want to ride to drive...)
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by maniloff View Post
    One of my buddies did Spiro -> MMT -> Johns -> Sweeney's this afternoon. He said it's pretty good; there are a few patches of snow where it crosses ski runs.
    I just did a loop up there and found Spiro to be 98% awesome, but MMT going south from Spiro is not ready. Deep rutting going on everywhere and too much snow. I bailed and came down CMG instead of continuing over to Johns. Lets give MMT at least a week or two.

My car rack does hold two big bikes, dunno if that's any help. I can be part of the early crew, maybe meet downtown? Bountiful? Is there even room for me?

I don't mind taking a lap off to shuttle everyone...not sure if Parrish is close to the other trails. I have no idea where anything is around here, really.

I live in Sandy, I think.

I found a map on the registration form for the downhill race that is up there in a few weeks........but since I am dumb, I can't link to the map. Try this though:
    http://www.go-ride.com/
    Click on the Utah Dh race series box on the upper right, then click on the Bountiful Bomber registration form and info link; there is a kick ass map on page two.

I picked up some shiny new armorish stuff that is begging to careen off rocks tomorrow after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I just did a loop up there and found Spiro to be 98% awesome, but MMT going south from Spiro is not ready. Deep rutting going on everywhere and too much snow. I bailed and came down CMG instead of continuing over to Johns. Lets give MMT at least a week or two.
    Thanks for the update. Glad we opted for Draper trails tonight.

Some areas of the BST sorta reminded me of a steeper version of MMT, and there's definitely some Spiro-like climbing out there too. Good times for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Bummer.

Did you at least shoot anything?

I plan on getting to the B parking lot around 430 or 500pm. We'll need a few trucks to shuttle everyone but we can figure it out in the parking lot. Since so many want to go, I would suggest we just start once we are there with a full load and folks who show up after the first lap can wait in the parking lot for the next shuttle. I may be able to take about 5-6 riders plus a driver; again, we'll figure it out. See you guys up there.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    I found a map on the registration form for the downhill race that is up there in a few weeks........but since I am dumb, I can't link to the map. Try this though:
    http://www.go-ride.com/
    Click on the Utah Dh race series box on the upper right, then click on the Bountiful Bomber registration form and info link; there is a kick ass map on page two.

I picked up some shiny new armorish stuff that is begging to careen off rocks tomorrow after work.
    This should work:

Directions to the B:

http://www.go-ride.com/race/Bomber_2.htm
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

How'd you do that

I should be there around 4:45. See you there.

I'll see you guys for lap two unless traffic is amazingly good. I probably won't be able to leave work till 5.

Oh man this all sounds like fun. Unfortunately for me, Tuesday is gay night... I play in a 16 week summer softball league. Otter, I am still down with Wednesday. If you find something you like at the B, maybe we could switch our ride from Muller to some kind of shuttle above the B.

Too early for me to get outta work. I may try to meet yall on lap 2 or 3 or something, but don't wait on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    I plan on getting to the B parking lot around 430 or 500pm. We'll need a few trucks to shuttle everyone but we can figure it out in the parking lot. Since so many want to go, I would suggest we just start once we are there with a full load and folks who show up after the first lap can wait in the parking lot for the next shuttle. I may be able to take about 5-6 riders plus a driver; again, we'll figure it out. See you guys up there.
    Yep - that sounds like the best plan i think - rather than head up with you, I'll drive too though so we have another 4-big bike shuttle vehicle. I'd like to try to beat the traffic up too and leave by 4..

Check your PMs.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Ok, so it looks like Ski Monkey and I will be headed up late, getting there around 6:30...so while you all drink beer and chill and recover we can get a few last minute runs in.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by yentna View Post
    Ok, so it looks like Ski Monkey and I will be headed up late, getting there around 6:30...so while you all drink beer and chill and recover we can get a few last minute runs in.
    I will save a few cold ones for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    I will save a few cold ones for you guys.
    SahWEET!

to anyone hitting up DV soon its was riding good today only a couple snow crossing on the runs. rode the trail buy silver lake express. best trails I have rode in utah so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    In case anyone was wondering, the B stands for badass. Those trails kick ass. Thanks for showing me around up there guys. That was fun.

Agreed - super fun evening. What a great after-work activity!!

Thanks Josh for the flats. Hope I didn't bash them too much on rocks. I think that was a blessing in disguise forgetting my clip shoes, I just need to learn how to jump with flats, or maybe I should say, just learn to jump

Since this is a trail conditions thread here are the trail conditions. Keep in mind I'm a complete DH noob and was on a guided tour.

Bruce - Still a couple small sections of missing trail. The jumps are packed in well. The steep loose stuff, what can I say it's steep and loose.

The race course - I didn't expect so much two track. Dusty, dusty, dusty. Loose, Loose, Loose. Pretty fun though. If I raced I'd be praying for rain the week leading into it.

Thanks Mr. AG (and drivers) for the shuttle service. Fun night for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yentna View Post
    Agreed - super fun evening. What a great after-work activity!!
    wasn't bad at all!

starting to feel way more comfortable on the bike.. plenty of things to work on at sundance/dv

how's the leg feel?
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    how's the leg feel?
    You did great! Glad you bought the bike, and aren't just looking at it in the garage!!!

As for the leg, it feels like a 3" caliper tree slammed into it at speed. Just some knotting in the quads, a bit of bruising (more to be revealed later I'm sure), but not shabby. I can walk at least! It was well worth it.