Check Out Our Shop
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Interesting documentary. A bit slanted. But legit info to be absorbed.

https://twitter.com/JKernerOT/status...86278765400345

This thread is old. Back when immigration was workers working hard.
    Today it’s insane.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

It’s that damn (((George Soros))) again.

a bit slanted? Jesus.

^^^ yes slanted. They mention drumpf a few times.
    Didn’t hear the soros reference.

But yeah. NGO and maps and diagrams and instructions. Shits gotten weird.

PS. Interesting use of parentheses. That’s a dog whistle. But you do you.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    JFC.
    Amen

$100 billion
    For borders in Israel Ukraine and Taiwan

Zilch for our southern border. Couldn’t afford a few billion to stop the invasion

If you care about America and immigration...

Immigrants are self selected for being highly motivated (the lazy ones stayed home). To owners and investors and anyone interested in productivity or just getting the essential work of our society done, this is an unmitigated positive. To “natives” that just want to be paid well for doing little, this is competition that drives down wages, whining about cultural change, or straight up prejudice. The US needs immigrants to function, but politicians have avoided creating a sensible path to residency and citizenship because they’re pandering to the resentments of the ignorant masses. Therefore the current dysfunctional gridlock.
    Where I live in Canada we’d be facing demographic collapse and most retail business would close but for record numbers of Indian migrants, but you know it’s just a matter of time before political opportunists stoke a nativist backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Immigrants are self selected for being highly motivated (the lazy ones stayed home). To owners and investors and anyone interested in productivity or just getting the essential work of our society done, this is an unmitigated positive. To “natives” that just want to be paid well for doing little, this is competition that drives down wages, whining about cultural change, or straight up prejudice. The US needs immigrants to function, but politicians have avoided creating a sensible path to residency and citizenship because they’re pandering to the resentments of the ignorant masses. Therefore the current dysfunctional gridlock.
    Where I live in Canada we’d be facing demographic collapse and most retail business would close but for record numbers of Indian migrants, but you know it’s just a matter of time before political opportunists stoke a nativist backlash.
    Well said. We are a nation of immigrants. Our grandparents and great grandparents who came through Ellis Island are no different than those at the southern border now… We have a massive need for labor that is not being supplied by our citizens. If you shut the door, the economic impact would be gnarly. The politicians from both sides are not stupid, the current system works “well enough” for the economy so it’s more valuable to argue about it to stoke the vote than there is to solve it.

Screaming on the internet about “securing our southern border” while enjoying the economic benefits of a home built by illegal immigrant labor and food picked by illegal immigrant labor is so hypocritical it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Bullshit. They’re not no different.

Old school immigrants (illegal) avoided border patrol and worked under the table doing our dirty work.

Today?
    They surrender for instant cell phones food lodging and handouts.
    And then call their friends and family to invite them to the free buffet.

PS. Third generation here. Ellis island. Came here to work. I’m not anti immigration. Back in the day you needed a sponsor or other proof you would not be a burden

Polyass

I have waited a long time for a beer at the hill but at windup I noticed the entire ski bar/ restaurant staff was Filipino and service was great

and almost all the checkers at safeway are south azn

Is Don Trump threatening to build a wall again ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Do y'all just ever reflect how awesome it is to live in a country of immigrants? Their groundbreaking contributions in tech and business are driving our competitive edge globally. Plus, the music and culinary traditions they introduce add incredible richness to our community.

"Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American. We draw our people, our strength, from every country and every corner of the world." Ronald Fucking Regan

If you care about America and immigration...

All of this. Anyone that’s willing to hoof it through mexican deserts, dodge Central American gangs and cartels, and avoid all other kinds of danger just to get to the US makes them as much if not more American than anyone that just happened to win the birth lottery and be born here.

Not to mention we need population growth to feed the maw of capitalism. How else is that gonna happen w/out immigration. Ooh they’re illegal? Bfd. Your great grandpa didn’t have permission to come over here either. Make a reasonable path to citizenship or quit complaining about some fantasy invasion
    Last edited by mcski; 04-24-2024 at 08:15 PM.

Immigrants are self selected for being highly motivated (the lazy ones stayed home). .
    Ahem.

This immigrant spent a considerable period of his life in the US being lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

let me get this straight .... brown people =/ bad?

The Freakonomics podcast had a 3 part series on immigration recently, it was quite eye-opening (ear-opening?), and I usually consider myself very well informed on that topic on account of having had to jump through every damn hoop in the book while constantly being asked why I don't hate the people who are cutting corners. Definitely worth a listen. CoreShot, you listening?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The Freakonomics podcast had a 3 part series on immigration recently, it was quite eye-opening (ear-opening?), and I usually consider myself very well informed on that topic on account of having had to jump through every damn hoop in the book while constantly being asked why I don't hate the people who are cutting corners. Definitely worth a listen. CoreShot, you listening?
    He doesn't listen or read the links he posts, that's why I want to strangle him after arguing with him about an article he posted and he then said "oh I didn't read it I was just assuming what it said". Well that made more sense on why what he was claiming made no fucking sense. talking to that clown is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    <snip> talking to that clown is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    All of this. Anyone that’s Will to hoof it through mexican deserts, dodge Central American gangs and cartels, and avoid all other kinds of danger just to get to the US makes them as much if not more American than anyone that just happened to win the birth lottery and be born here.

Not to mention we need population growth to feed the maw of capitalism. How else is that gonna happen w/out immigration. Ooh they’re illegal? Bfd. Your great grandpa didn’t have permission to come over here either. Make a reasonable path to citizenship or quit complaining about some fantasy invasion
    Make the trek on foot with what you can cary. And a baby. All the way to the Rio Grande. This is the kind of person we should be courting to come to the United States. They may not have much of anything when they show up but establish identities and get them into the system so they can contribute. Hey, they already walked here with everything they could carry so we might as well give them a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Today?
    They surrender for instant cell phones food lodging and handouts.
    And then call their friends and family to invite them to the free buffet.
    Dude….. Just spend the 15 seconds to fact check this shit….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I don't really disagree with any of this, but tell me, what about this is argument against securing the border? Letting in hordes of undocumented migrants isn't some sort of enlightened compassionate option, its unethical, and immoral, in that it sets those people up for exploitation. That is precisely the situation many powerful people want, a good supply of illegals for cheap slave labor.

We are presented with this false choice between an open unsecured border and xenophobia, but why can we not just work simultaneously towards having a secured border, while also having a more efficient properly funded and designed system for people to come across legally?

Choosing just one, or the other, or fighting about choosing just one, or the other, is never going to solve or improve this problem.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ahem.

This immigrant spent a considerable period of his life in the US being lazy.
    Feel free to return to the UK where they are arguing over which knives to ban.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Leroy jenkum is a very solid argument why the US needs immigrants.

anyways, it’s fucking pathetic how the anti-immigrants haven’t learned shit in 16+ years, but that’s why we call ‘em know-nothings

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Leroy jenkum is a very solid argument why the US needs immigrants.

anyways, it’s fucking pathetic how the anti-immigrants haven’t learned shit in 16+ years, but that’s why we call ‘em know-nothings
    Do you have an actual rebuttal? Or anything resembling a contribution or an actual thought? I didn't say anything anti immigrant.