Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by H-man View Post
    Now that is fuckin funny!
    You know.....between my jacket, white teeth, and rainbows falling out of my buttocks, I'd look pretty impressive riding around on one of those.....

Harbl, you're a flamer!!!!

So you're kinda The Bhagwan of ski teaching methods...

This thread is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harbl View Post
    You too can become an Expert Skier!
    I doubt it®

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track

Looks like that hand is falling behind once again...
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

OK, I went undercover to the super-secret training zone of Herbi's
    website and I STOLE the recipe!

So now you too can become an expert skier: just follow the instructions below:

I am balancing on my own ramp as I type this: one more hour and I will be able to ski black runs too!

Quote Originally Posted by Alek View Post
    OK, I went undercover to the super-secret training zone of Herbi's
    website and I STOLE the recipe!

So now you too can become an expert skier: just follow the instructions below:

I am balancing on my own ramp as I type this: one more hour and I will be able to ski black runs too!
    man, i must be really immature.

this gentleman is clearly becoming an expert skier before my eyes,
    but all i see is some goober squeezing taco bell ass-gas, especially upper right-hand photo

I WILL NEVER BECOME AN EXPERT SKIER® WITH THAT KIND OF IMMATURE
    REACTION TO THIS IMPORTANT WORK.

AND IT WILL BE MY OWN FAULT. THAT'S WHAT'S SO SAD
    Last edited by buckethead; 03-13-2007 at 07:56 PM.

So Harbl,

Whats the good word? Are you still considering Highway Star's invite for a ski-off?

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=53499

Harald,
    Correct me if I am wrong...but, your ipod must be full of Michael Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    you dont need fat skis with pmts
    apparently, you don't need skis either.

if you read the fine print, the Harbl manifesto calls for the accelleration of global warming, and the eventual rounding up of all snow skiers to warm weather work camps where, through the use of powerful mind control techniques and psycho-active Hi-C, former skiers will be trained to ride Harbl's street carvers, and form the HARBL ARMY which will ...

TAKE OVER THE WORLD! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

wearing spandex summerwear, no less.

this dude is SICK

Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    So Harbl,

Whats the good word? Are you still considering Highway Star's invite for a ski-off?

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=53499
    as always, HS, what a FUCKING asshat jong tool. Calling out HH, WTF is he thinking.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    as always, HS, what a FUCKING asshat jong tool. Calling out HH, WTF is he thinking.
    Hello!!!

(I am here to post in this very important thread.)

Come over to epicski some time and discuss technique with us. It really is quite fun. You like technique, don't you?

http://forums.epicski.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Hello!!!

Come over to epicski some time and discuss technique with us. It really is quite fun. You like technique, don't you?

how long before you delete this post?

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    The Harbl vs. Str8line

oh the humanity.....

-aaron
    No vs.

The Harbl's credentials are obviously pretty damn strong.

Regarding long skis being a crutch for technique, I'm not so sure about that-maybe for some who can't ski and just like to go fast, but I'd like to see some of the dudes who compete in freeskiing comps or film in Alaska try to do what they do on a pair of 175's.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hello Herald! May I suggest that you may have a better response by posting this at ALPINEZONE. The regulars here are a rather undisciplined and immature lot, that for the most part aren't ready and/or willing to examine the deficiencies of their ski technique and to grow as skiers. Perhaps some of them would freely discuss their flaws at our forum rather than here, because of the peer pressure here to "be cool" and fancy themselves to be radical off-piste "pillow-droppers". The reality is that the majority of the "maggots" are not nearly the skiers they are capable of being, and could use the structured instruction and criticism that your system and website provide, but would never admit that here for the aforementioned reasons. We look forward to your posting at our site!
    It's funny every fucking time
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Hello!!!

Now you're arguing with your own aliases (aliaii?).

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    No vs.
    oh come on, pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeee?????????? it'll be fun, i promise!

-aaron

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    OH SNAP!!! Or is that a compliment?

Why do you need a pillow to ski "off-piste"? Is it for sitting on those nasty unpadded chairlifts???

I think most people around here would rather be a "radical off-piste pillow-dropper" then a fag bag wearing, flat slope skiing, technique disecting, ski school wanna be. Seriously, once you get past the top 5 or 10 instructors at your average mountain are there really that many instructors who can ski in ANY conditions anywhere on the mountain? Who knows? Many instructors are scared to even try to put themselves in uncomfortable situations because they are afraid they will look bad in front of their ski school peers. Nothing takes the joy out a day of skiing quicker then hanging with a bunch of hypercritical ski school tools- "The angulation of your right leg is horrible, you should probably check the cant on your boots, get out of this nasty powder and go work on some groomer turns for a while." -that's a paraphrase of something I overheard one instructor say to another on a 15" powder day a few years ago. WTF? Isn't this sport supposed to be about having fun in the great outdoors?

I looked at the PMTS website and didn't recognize any of their big name instructors. Maybe that's just my ignorance or maybe it's because those who can do and those who can't teach.
    This is true. I used to teach at squaw, and the majority of the instructors there who were good instructed part time. Most did so just to get the pass, you could give them 30 days for the year and get your pass. Most worked a job at night that actually paid, then spent 95% of their time skiing steeps and about 5% on groomers teaching people. Some of the serious instructors were really good skiers, and I don't want to rag on those guys, but for the most part you could tell what someone was about by their skis. If they skied fat skis all the time they were just instructing for the pass and probably taught as little as possible. I'll never forget walking into the locker room and hearing a bunch of knobs talking about which carving ski was best...Me and my buddy had to bite our lips to keep from laughing.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Hello Herald! May I suggest that you may have a better response by posting this at ALPINEZONE. The regulars here are a rather undisciplined and immature lot, that for the most part aren't ready and/or willing to examine the deficiencies of their ski technique and to grow as skiers. Perhaps some of them would freely discuss their flaws at our forum rather than here, because of the peer pressure here to "be cool" and fancy themselves to be radical off-piste "pillow-droppers". The reality is that the majority of the "maggots" are not nearly the skiers they are capable of being, and could use the structured instruction and criticism that your system and website provide, but would never admit that here for the aforementioned reasons. We look forward to your posting at our site!
    Just read their guidelines. No flaming, trolling, posting of vulgar or sexually oriented material....That place must be lots of fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Just read their guidelines. No flaming, trolling, posting of vulgar or sexually oriented material....That place must be lots of fun.
    Yeah, and I hear they even give courtesy licks before the fisting begins. Takes all the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Now you're arguing with your own aliases (aliaii?).

Its the ultimate Mental Instability Death Match:

Highway Star
    vs.
    Harald Harbl
    vs.
    Damian Sanders

May the most mentally stable of these multiple personalities win. May the loser please take his medication to reduce this insanity.

PS - Damain - I know what car you drive
    . . .

I'll stick to my 70mm straight skis thanks.
    I ski therefore I am.

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Hello Herald! May I suggest that you may have a better response by posting this at ALPINEZONE. The regulars here are a rather undisciplined and immature lot

...blah blah blah.....

are not nearly the skiers they are capable of being, and could use the structured instruction etc etc et-blah
    Actually wad-boy, one of the reasons I like skiing is the continual learning process. As an example I just learnt that I you're a personality deficient carcass of a twat.

PS - There's a clinical diagnosis for people who feel they have to bring others down in order to feel sufficient/accepted. Please engage in this somewhere else.

Edit: Sorry for my ferociousness, I wrote this at the end of beer day. Pretty good typing though.
    Last edited by jerr; 03-14-2007 at 01:35 PM.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day