Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    The regulars here are a rather undisciplined and immature lot
    OH SNAP!!! Or is that a compliment?

fancy themselves to be radical off-piste "pillow-droppers".
    Why do you need a pillow to ski "off-piste"? Is it for sitting on those nasty unpadded chairlifts???

I think most people around here would rather be a "radical off-piste pillow-dropper" then a fag bag wearing, flat slope skiing, technique disecting, ski school wanna be. Seriously, once you get past the top 5 or 10 instructors at your average mountain are there really that many instructors who can ski in ANY conditions anywhere on the mountain? Who knows? Many instructors are scared to even try to put themselves in uncomfortable situations because they are afraid they will look bad in front of their ski school peers. Nothing takes the joy out a day of skiing quicker then hanging with a bunch of hypercritical ski school tools- "The angulation of your right leg is horrible, you should probably check the cant on your boots, get out of this nasty powder and go work on some groomer turns for a while." -that's a paraphrase of something I overheard one instructor say to another on a 15" powder day a few years ago. WTF? Isn't this sport supposed to be about having fun in the great outdoors?

I looked at the PMTS website and didn't recognize any of their big name instructors. Maybe that's just my ignorance or maybe it's because those who can do and those who can't teach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harbl View Post
    I'm clenching to retain my gerbil.....
    Honesty edit for ya.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Well, wasn't this just a lovely PM conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harbl
    just play along, ok? Can you delete or edit your post? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    No.
    AAAAWWWWW PLEASE!!!!!!

I admit it, I'm highway star, cyber cop, blurred elevens, and arty50.........really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Stop PMing me.
    Why don't you stop Pm'ing me first?????

Tool.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I always recommend smiling while skiing, that way everyone knows you're having fun!!!!!!
    dude you're slayin' the greens....don't drop the butt plug...smile on..

Sorry, had you fooled..............

I am the real Harald Harb.

I reach out to you now, since we share common enemies in Epicski and the PSIA.

Obviously, I've heard of TGR Forums and the "maggots". What do you think, I was born yesterday? I just discovered the internet? Suuuure. I've lurked on this forum for years, and may have posted a few times under another name....maybe.

I knew I would get this reaction...."Oh, he's an alias". No suprise. For fun, I posted with a mis-spelling of my name, and the handle "The Harbl"............which roughly translates to "The Cat Penis", in case you didn't get the joke.....

I firmly belive PMTS has much to offer backcountry and "freeskiers". While I understand that the primary skiing style of PMTS may not be compatable with freeskiing, there are aspects of PMTS that can improve anybody's skiing, anywhere.

Please help me push forward the evolution of the sport - join my forum, and post videos of your skiing. We can help you find that perfect turn for the perfect line.

http://www.realskiers.com/pmtsforum/index.php

Sincerely,

Harald Harb
    Last edited by The Harbl; 03-13-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Harold,

Do I need the phantom foot move to drop in Parrallel?

OK, I'll play along. So what exactly did you fool me on?

I don't give a fuck who you are.
    Well, you seemed to think that I was not the real Harald....when in fact, I am.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one to fall into my little trap.

I'm more than happy to help you out with some PMTS technique analysis, no hard feelings.

this thread had so much potential... pity it fizzled out at page 3 only...

Admitedly, that's just a glamour shot, trying to look pretty. It's tough to judge hand position from that angle, but rest assured, they are in front of my body.
    That's like saying my toes are in front of my body.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Harold,

Do I need the phantom foot move to drop in Parallel?
    Are you refering to dropping into a halfpipe or.......?

Depends if you are dropping as part of a turn, at speed, as most agressive pipe skiers would do from the top of the lip at the start of the pipe. Then yes - using your free foot to help with counter balance through the deck to vert transition, and trusting the carve of your stance foot, can result in a very high speed halfpipe drop in.

Now, if you're going to drop into something straight.....just point your skis straight, and stay in a balanced position....silly.

i'm here to report that I have not clicked the real skiers link for Harry.

but I will say that Harry taught me how to carve a turn on my first parabloloololic ski. thanks for that Harry. now please keep your spam contained.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

I just spent as much time as I could stomach skimming some jargon-peppered threads on realskiers.com.

High C hookup ... is that a flavor of PMTS Jonestown-style kool-aid?

BTE tipping ...

ACBAES ...

The Phantom Move ...

LTE ...

"Power Releasing" ... (costs a lot extra at most massage parlors, doesn't it?)

PMTS vs. TTS vs. PSIA vs. EpicSki vs. HSTM ...

I know plenty of people in the business world who take common sense, repackage it with some slick jargon, and sell it back at a premium mark-up. Good for them, it pays the bills. But Harald, if you really want to reach people -- both instructors and students -- why all the arcane terms? Do you need to hand out glossaries before lessons?

I gotta say I enjoy some of the bitter jabs at PSIA, but not because I'm a PSIA basher. For me it's akin to age-old disputes between religious factions. If the whack jobs are busy blowing each other up, maybe they'll leave the rest of us alone.

I think a religious faction may be the best analogy for your PMTS clan. There seems to be theme of orthodoxy and purity in the realskiers forums -- purity of technique, purity of essence, purity of jargon.

I think the best instructors -- whether PSIA, PMTS, or STFU and SKI -- realize that even if the goal is the same, each skier and each lesson is unique, as is each journey to that final goal, and the good instructors have the creativity to throw their orthodoxies out the window and do what works best for their students at that moment.

Harald, good luck with the Jihad. Go easy on us infidels and enjoy the virgin snow in your fantasy ski paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I just spent as much time as I could stomach skimming some jargon-peppered threads on realskiers.com.

High C hookup ... is that a flavor of PMTS Jonestown-style kool-aid?

BTE tipping ...

ACBAES ...

The Phantom Move ...

LTE ...

"Power Releasing" ... (costs a lot extra at most massage parlors, doesn't it?)

PMTS vs. TTS vs. PSIA vs. EpicSki vs. HSTM ...

I know plenty of people in the business world who take common sense, repackage it with some slick jargon, and sell it back at a premium mark-up. Good for them, it pays the bills. But Harald, if you really want to reach people -- both instructors and students -- why all the arcane terms? Do you need to hand out glossaries before lessons?

I gotta say I enjoy some of the bitter jabs at PSIA, but not because I'm a PSIA basher. For me it's akin to age-old disputes between religious factions. If the whack jobs are busy blowing each other up, maybe they'll leave the rest of us alone.

I think a religious faction may be the best analogy for your PMTS clan. There seems to be theme of orthodoxy and purity in the realskiers forums -- purity of technique, purity of essence, purity of jargon.

I think the best instructors -- whether PSIA, PMTS, or STFU and SKI -- realize that even if the goal is the same, each skier and each lesson is unique, as is each journey to that final goal, and the good instructors have the creativity to throw their orthodoxies out the window and do what works best for their students at that moment.

Harald, good luck with the Jihad. Go easy on us infidels and enjoy the virgin snow in your fantasy ski paradise.
    PMTS is a revolutionary teaching system....thus, we need terms that differentiate it from the PSIA teaching system or others.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    PMTS is a revolutionary teaching system....thus, we need terms that differentiate it from the PSIA teaching system or others.
    It is most likely best to use the KISS approach with us here on TGR, we are but simple folk, that big city jerkon mite confuzzle us
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Isn't it odd how 'jihad' sounds very similar to 'yeehaw.'

I'd love to take credit for this observation. But I must defer to Brant Moles for this bit of wisdom. Truly a man willing to teach outside of the box.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

hahaha

this is probably the absolute worst place to advertise this kind of thing. this site is full of the cockiest and most egotistical skiers across the globe. i am the dopest skier dis side of the mississippi bitch! talk to me if you want to learn how to rip! hahaha

maybe I can be one of the actors in your video.

just fuckin with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Isn't it odd how 'jihad' sounds very similar to 'yeehaw.'
    I'd love to take credit for this observation. But I must defer to Brant Moles for this bit of wisdom. Truly a man willing to teach outside of the box.
    that's kind of profound.
    ...as in "our ass-backwards, medievelist, armageddon-mongering, free thought-hating religious fuktards are just as ass-backwards, medievelist, armageddon-mongering and free thought-hating as their enemy/counterpart over the pond...'cept "ours" speak english?"

impossible

Quote Originally Posted by TahoePowShredder View Post
    this is probably the absolute worst place to advertise this kind of thing. this site is full of the cockiest and most egotistical skiers across the globe. i am the dopest skier dis side of the mississippi bitch! talk to me if you want to learn how to rip! hahaha
    I blame Robb Gaffney. I mean the Ego Claim and Pro Call Out get you 500 bonus points each. So natually, I use them whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoePowShredder View Post

maybe I can be one of the actors in your video.

just fuckin with you!!!
    If you haven't gotten the drift yet, I'm cocky and egotistical too.....most cult leaders are.............read the website.

Perhaps, it's time for us to join forces? I'm sure PMTS can learn from the maggots....it's a two way street!

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    If you haven't gotten the drift yet, I'm cocky and egotistical too.....most cult leaders are.............read the website.

Perhaps, it's time for us to join forces? I'm sure PMTS can learn from the maggots....it's a two way street!

Out yourself already. If you have been posting on here under another alias and have been such a long time lurker, you know the rules. If you are SO good, you will tell us who you really were on here.....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

This thread wasn't nearly as funny as I had anticipated

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    Out yourself already. If you have been posting on here under another alias and have been such a long time lurker, you know the rules. If you are SO good, you will tell us who you really were on here.....
    You shall know him by his race stock (TM) bindings.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Mr. Harb, your ideas intruige me and I'd like to subscribe to your news letter... but I am worried that skiing with my legs that close together will lead to pinching my massive Harbl. Can you advise?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.