FS: Feeler = Custom VT1 with BOMBER FR parts...

Hey ladies and gents...

I am trying to get rid of my pride and joy (her name is Betty)...I love this bike, it is in INSANELY GREAT SHAPE, but even as built up as it is for a VERY durable trail bike, I have graduated to more of a true free-ride/DH rig...

This picture is spot on from last season, except there is now a dual ring MRP chainguide on her, as well as green Danger Boy brake levers...everything else is the same...I only got out on her 8 times since this pic, on trail, due to my son being born last spring and having some medical problems over the summer...

Parts List:

2003 Giant VT 1 Frame 18.5" (minor scratches, no dents) (bought new in 2004)
    Fork: 2005 Bomber Marzocchi Z1 SL (ridden less than 25 times)
    Shock: 2006 Manitou Swinger 4-way with 600lb spring (also have 450lb)
    Wheels: Mavic Crossmax XL Tubeless (curently running tubes, though)
    Shifters: 2005 X9 Trigger shifters (SRAM)
    F Derail: 2004 XT
    R Derail: 2005 X0
    Cranks: Race Face 22/34 (with BB)
    Chainguide: MRP Dual Ring Chain guide
    Pedals: Crank Bros Mallet C pedals (rebuilt inners, clipped into ONCE)
    Stem: Race Face Diablous 31.8
    HandleBar: Race Face Diablous 31.8
    Brakes: Hayes Hyd. With 6" rotors, new pads (with new DangerBoy Brake Levers)
    Tires: Nokian (these are kind of flimsy, but great for XC) With downhill salsa tubes

I have a LOT of $$$$ invested in this bike, from the 3300 paid brand new, and the upgrades and swaps thereafter...

Betty is looking for a good home, and any MAG who could possibly take her for a FAIR offer would be much appreciated...

I am looking to get 1100 or serious best offer...

Let me know what you guys think!

Here is the archive from Giant's site, for Geometry specs...

http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/us...03&model=10662
    Last edited by PowTron; 03-12-2007 at 01:34 PM.

um shit
    my friend needs this if he decides to get off his ass and buy something.

if youll ship, and he wants to buy now, youll get your 1100+ship. (edit: not to speak for him completely though)

and an 18", how tall are you\what size riders would this fit?
    Last edited by pechelman; 03-12-2007 at 12:30 PM.

I am 5'10", 200lbs...

I actually live in Denver, so I wouldn't need to ship it to you guys, could probably meet up...

let me know, I just got another possible bite from a dude I work with...damn, everyone wants to take a ride on Betty...lol

interested... any comparable bikes I could tool on new to check size? I'm 5'11 with stubby legs.

hahah...I am 5'10" with Stubby legs...must be an East-Coast thing, I am from Massachusetts originally..

As far as comparable bikes, Giant replaced this model with the Trance, and the geometry is different. Sizing, though, is similar...I loved the VT1 because it was a XC bike to begin with, but it had more of a Freeride feel to it, more of a slack headtube, more compact then layed WAY out like some XC bikes....

www.giantbicycle.com

I think you can go back to previous years on the website, check out geometry readings...

http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/us...03&model=10662
    Last edited by PowTron; 03-12-2007 at 01:36 PM.

sweet bike

32" inseam ok for this? Pechel still has dibs, but I'm very very interested, as it looks a lot like what I need.

Funny. I was just thinking that it may finally be time to replace my Fat Chance. Speaking of being from Mass (the bike, not me - I'm from NH). If Pechel or schuss don't take it, please PM me.

Well, Pechel was checking for his friend, but I haven't heard anything since yesterday, so I guess first offer is the winner...Schuss, I have a 32" inseam as well, and I still have some good clearance to avoid destroying my crotch on the bar...great dip design in the top tube. PM sent...

Also, for anyone's peace of mind, I would have the bike professionally tuned and cleaned before shipping, as my my new status as "family man" has taken away my stand and most of my tools...

I do ride a VT-2, which partially explains why I think this bike looks incredible. That white frame would look so nice covered in mud. Seriously, though, I'd jump on this if I didn't have the same frame.

Thanks YETI, then you know for SURE what I mean about his bike being the shizznit....

Sinecure has the dibs, we are in negotiations as we speak....after that, if it doesn't happen, schuss has second dibs....

Mine Mine Mine...All Mine.

I'm still going to be slow as shit going up hills, but at least I'll look cooler than I do on my current 20 year-old hard-tail.

Anyone want to buy a classic 1987 original Fat Chance (its been repainted by Chris himself and had the U-brake replaced with traditional brakes. Oh, and it doesn't have the oval chainrings either).

LOL....

Sinecure got it, Treasure Chest of Bling on it's way to Colorado, Betty on her way out to Cali...

Thanks to everyone who looked and showed interest, but Sinecure won!

Thanks, Sinecure! I will be in touch soon...

I passed this bike along to my son a few years ago. He's now selling it. He asked me about year, etc, and I didn't know. Thank goodness the internet never forgets.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I'm like, "damn, pechelman comes out of hiding and actually wants to pay $1100 for that thing?"

Missed the date. Excellent necro bump.