Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Just so long as your meeting with the doc doesn't look like this:

"HI EVERYBODY!"

"Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I do believe he meant 0, and I doubt it was the Valium's fault. Valium is God's gift to man, it would never hurt anyone on purpose. I wish I had some right now.

Seriously.
    Pretty sure Snow_Slider owes you some still....

uh ya well...funny stuff truth is I just got sick of the gun for family protection thread. Altho getting the vas clipped isn't out of the question, the next question would be is there a doctor out there that would toss in a nudicle?
    Three balls sure would be a hit at parties...

btw I'm glad there aren't a bunch of pictures of maggot post-op hard ware getting posted

the first ones easy

I had one, sat on the couch for 3 days on a sack of frozen peas. And I thought that sucked. Went back took the test, Doc says still some there, come back in 2 months. I went back and took the test several times. After one year they found a swimmer. Then the Doc says, we need to do it again, but this time we make the hole twice as big and take out 3 times as much vas. That ‘ll fix ya!
    The recovery took over a week, swelled up the size of a grapefruit and turned black. I was still walking like a cowboy after 2 weeks, but all is normal now.
    Just remember if you get one and it works there is no going back, and if you suffer though it you should make sure it really worked.

that was the scariest thing ive ever read. seriously.
    god. after reading beav's post i am fighting back the bile whilst my thighs gently cradle and reassure my boys. surgery on the nuts is NOT OK. if a doc pulled one of my tubes out of me i think i might die.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

The shot for local anesthesia is quite unpleasant.

Like nuts aren't ugly enough without a couple of scars.

Oh Shit! I was thinking about setting an appointment to get this done in the next month or so to ensure it would fall between seasons (skiing and major fly hatches) but now?!?!?!?!?!?! So fuck you guys, thanks a lot for posting!

Can I request to be knocked out? How about a big bag of val running right into my arm, that and option? I want NO MEMORY!

Fuck!
    Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

If you need to be gassed just to take a local in your nuts, you're a goddamned pussy.

Sack up!

The worst part of mine was getting sideswiped by a drunk woman in a corvette about 50 yards from my house, after she tried to pass me on the left while I was making a left-hand turn onto my street. So here I am, turn signal blinking, left side of my car a mess, can't open driver's door, local anesthetic is wearing off, neighbors coming outside to see what the commotion is, and the drunk lady asking me "are you all right?". I yelled back "No, I think I'm sterile!"

So here's a question that im sure has run through a few people's heads:

The tests after the procedure - self service, or does Jen the hot nurse get to take the sample?
    "If I could have any K2 skis this year I'd go with the Volkl Gotamas." - Monique

The deed is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The deed is done.
    OOooohhhh, dude.

Ouch.

More details, please. Blog-style would be good. Seriously.

I go under the knife next week. I was fine till I read these accounts. Now, I'm just plain dreading it. Oh well, I'm looking forward to getting laid 12 times a year rather than just once a month.

I got a vasectomy years ago. Best ever!
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

The deed is done.
    The kindest cut of all.

Had mine 15 yrs ago. Minor discomfort (kids Daddy hurt his back please don't jump in his lap, For love of God and all that is holy.)

Word has it everything has remained in good working order.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

It was nice knowing you, Tipp....

Ties to Rare Form of Dementia Seen in Early Research Must Be Confirmed

By Saylnn Boyles
    WebMD Medical News

Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Feb. 22, 2007 -- Having a vasectomy may increase a man’s risk of developing a rare form of dementia, early research suggests, although more study is needed to confirm the finding.
    Researchers at Chicago’s Northwestern University found that men with a neurological condition known as primary progressive aphasia, or PPA, were more likely to have had the sterilization surgery than men without the disorder.
    PPA is a rare condition characterized by a steady loss of language skills.
    It primarily occurs after age 50. Those with the disorder have increasing difficulty expressing themselves and understanding speech.
    “We definitely aren’t saying that having a vasectomy causes this condition or that men should not have vasectomies,” researcher Sandra Weintraub, PhD, tells WebMD. “It is way too early for that. We need to do more research to understand this.”
    Vasectomy and PPA

Weintraub, a professor of neurology and psychiatry at the Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, says she began investigating a possible link between PPA and vasectomies after a 43-year-old patient asked her if his sterilization surgery might be linked to his PPA.
    He discussed the issue at a support group meeting of men with dementia, and it turned out that eight of the nine men in the room with PPA had had vasectomies.
    “That is when we decided to do a systematic investigation, but it took some time because this is not a common disease,” Weintraub says.
    The researchers surveyed 47 men with PPA undergoing treatment at Northwestern’s Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer’s Disease Center and 57 men without dementia who were volunteers from the community. All the men were aged 55 to 80.
    The researchers concluded that more than twice as many men with PPA had undergone vasectomies as men without the dementia -- 40% vs. 16%.
    In other preliminary research, Weintraub and colleagues found no difference in vasectomy rates between patients with Alzheimer’s disease and men without Alzheimer’s
    Why Vasectomy May Increase Dementia Risk

Weintraub theorized that vasectomy may raise the risk of the rare dementias by breaching the protective barrier between the bloodstream and the testes.
    When that barrier is broken, as occurs with vasectomy, sperm become exposed to the bloodstream. In response, many men who have had the surgery produce antisperm antibodies.
    These antibodies may affect the brain, causing damage which can lead to dementia.
    But this is only speculation, and Weintraub says she hopes to conduct much larger studies to better understand the issue.
    American Urological Association spokesman Ira Sharlip, MD, agrees that few conclusions can be drawn without such studies.
    He points to earlier concerns about vasectomies, including research in the 1980s suggesting an increased risk of atherosclerosis in men who had undergone the procedure, and research in the 1990s suggesting a link between vasectomy and prostate cancer.
    None of those concerns turned out to be valid, Sharlip says.
    Sharlip is a clinical professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco.
    “There have been many large, epidemiological studies comparing vasectomized and nonvasectomized men, and none of them have shown any health risks associated with vasectomy,” he says.
    “Vasectomy is the single most reliable form of birth control that exists. I would hope that men would not be frightened by this study, which is very preliminary,” says Sharlip.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

MEH - talking is overrated anyway.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

The worst part were the two local shots, one on each side of the yambag. After that it was smooth sailing, AAMOF I was lying there replaying my run down the Bookends with my wife during the procedure.

Afterwards I hopped off the table, got dressed, drove my ass home, stopped on the way at 7-11, got a big bag of Grandma Utz chips, some Pemmican Jerky, some honey roasted cashews, and a DoubleGulp of Mt. Dew.

Got home, sat down on my recliner, started watching all the stuff I'd TiVO'ed while I was in UT, and did what the doc told me to:

Put pressure on the cauterized incisions for 20 minutes every hour using fingers and gauze pads. No ice/frozen peas/jockstraps/foam donuts necessary

I've taken only 3 of the codeine pills they gave me, and the swelling is barely noticeable today. Now i'm at work and feeling fine.

Now i'm at work and feeling fine.
    what happened to the EPIC thread on the snip, was that lost on Powmag? I actually was just texting Frozenwater about this as likely headed in for my own shortly

No I think it was here, somebody quoted some of it not too long ago, I'll try to find it. Good luck on the snip job.

edit: can't think of the right words to search, too many results for vasectomy, search function sucks anyways
    Last edited by iceman; 10-18-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Google search it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bumped a thread that I had saved cuz I’m considering the snip.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Bumped a thread that I had saved cuz I’m considering the snip.

Go for it. No regerts here.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No I think it was here, somebody quoted some of it not too long ago, I'll try to find it. Good luck on the snip job.

edit: can't think of the right words to search, too many results for vasectomy, search function sucks anyways
    Yeah, I think it was here. I got some real inspiration from that thread before I went in for my little procedure. Fwiw, I jogged home from mine cuz I'm hard as fuck.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

just a reminder that there are a few doz hot shots still left after you get cut so lots of protected sex or jacking off is recommended

a week after my wife got pregnant when the condom broke doc said "well the sperm tests come back negative so yer sterile now but whatever you had you should have been selling"

still he was/ is a great kid, never caused any trouble and put himself thru a 5 yr uni program on scholarship & coop

mine didn't hurt until the freezing came out at which point i passed out taking a piss
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know