Half Ton Man Continues Weight Loss

I could not imagine weighing in at 1,235 pounds and feeling joy when dropping below the 900 pound barrier. I would never make it if I couldn't leave the house for 5 years and had to be moved around by bed and forklift. How do people get this big? I feel like a fat ass when I get above 180 and believe me I used to be a fatass at 235 before I lost 60 lbs. I wish the guy continued success.

SAN NICOLAS DE LOS GARZA, Mexico (AP) - A man who once weighed well over a half ton left his house for the first time in five years Wednesday - wheeled outside on his bed to greet neighbors and see a mariachi band. "The sky is beautiful and blue and what I want is to enjoy the sun," said Manuel Uribe, who had once been certified by doctors as weighing 1,235 pounds. Though still unable to leave his bed, Uribe has lost 395 pounds since he began a high-protein diet a year ago. He now weights about 840 pounds.

To celebrate the milestone, six people pushed Uribe's wheel-equipped iron bed out to the street as a mariachi band played and a crowd gathered. Then, a forklift lifted him onto a truck and the 41-year-old rode through the streets of San Nicolas de los Garza, a Monterrey suburb.

With dozens of reporters and photographers in tow, Uribe traveled along, passing the town's plaza and church and waving at clusters of people eager to get a glimpse of him.

"It fills me with joy to see he's getting better and getting a little sun," Uribe's neighbor Guadalupe Guerra said. "I would go crazy if I had to be inside my house for so many years."

Uribe was a chubby kid and weighed more than 250 pounds as an adolescent. In 1992, he said his weight began ballooning further.

Since the summer of 2002, Uribe has been bedridden, relying on his mother and friends to feed and clean him.

He drew worldwide attention when he pleaded for help on national television in January 2006. Afterward, an Italian and a Spanish doctor both visited and offered gastric bypass surgery.

But Uribe chose to accept help from Mexican nutritionists working with the Zone diet. He says he will stick to that diet until he reaches his goal of 265 pounds.

"My goal is to leave the house on my own but I know that will be a long process," he said. Doctors say it may take between three and four years for Uribe to reach his goal.

Uribe said he plans to start a foundation to help overweight people get medical assistance and teach them about healthy eating habits.

That's a lot of tacos.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I wash myself with a rag on a stick...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

i wonder how long its been since he's seen his dick...

I saw that guy on TV a few weeks ago. The strange thing is his face doesn't really look that fat. If you only saw his head you'd just think he was slightly overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicboy View Post
    ...He says he will stick to that diet until he reaches his goal of 265 pounds...
    he's gonna look like a scrotum at 265 lbs with all that extra skin

You have to wonder about the day he got his mom to start bringing food to his bed after he decided walking to the fridge was too much effort.

"Hey mom?"
    "Yes, son?"
    "I think I'm just gonna stay in my bed forever."
    "Okay! I'll get you some donuts."

What a tool.

doesn't ak_powder_monkey lived in Alaska?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

How do people get that fat?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    How do people get that fat?
    He eats and eats and eats and never poops.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

shit i feel chubby at my current high of 250. this guy weighs five times that.

How could your heart physically pump blood through your body at that weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
    How could your heart physically pump blood through your body at that weight?
    Maybe ask the guy. Who the fuck knows?

idiot