Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Beckett has to be better this year. If he hasn't smartened up a little then I'm afraid he's the Drew Bledsoe of pitchers- awesome physical gifts but basically dumb as a rock. The changeup looked better against KC than it did most of last year, and if he stays with it then he can dominate. If he loses confidence and stops throwing it he's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I know- its defintley a stretch. I meant his ERA will be under 5. I hope.
    Heh... that wouldn't surprise me. He definitely has the stuff and "upside" to get his ERA down into the 3's. Whether he can do that or not- shall be seen.

Update: Jeff Weaver sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Update: Jeff Weaver sucks.
    And so does Mike Hargrove.

Seriously, the M's haven't played since last Wednesday or something. Why the hell would they start Weaver rather than Felix Hernandez?

on their third pitcher now and it's only the bottom of the 5th. felix may be closing today.
    morrow just walked two in a row, 2 strikes, 8 balls.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Felix starts tomorrow.
    I know, but I think you should start your ace whenever you can. It could give him an extra start or two over the course of the season, and those extra starts could make a difference.

Looks like Beckett's done... Seven innings, two hits, one run, eight Ks so far (including three Ichiro Ks).

Freeeeow!

There had to be a reason.... I'm guessing that if they could give him an extra day of rest early in the season without sacrificing a start for him, that's what they did. I'm not agreeing with them, I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Home opener today, Im thinking Beckett goes 7 innings, 3 hits, 9 K's, 1 run (home run obviously) and hits 107 on the gun.

Rumor has it he hit 107 too. Introducing your 2007 Cy Young winner, Josh Beckett (at least top 5)
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah, that was a reasonably accurate prediction.

is anyone watching this? im just following on mlb.com gameday. Looks like Donnely just pegged two batters in a row and got ejected. then francona got ejected, now jose guillen has been ejected and Okajima hit the first batter he faced? wtf is going on?

ok, looks like i was wrong about Okajima hitting one. sometimes mlb.com gameday locks up after a while. must have been an artifact from Donnely nailing everyone.
    Last edited by fez; 04-10-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Yeah, that was a reasonably accurate prediction.
    I watched him mow down the Yankees while in a bar at college in Fairfield CT in the 2003 World Series. As I talked more and more shit, he got better and better as the game went along (and as I got drunker). Been a fan ever since-his stuff is just filthy.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    is anyone watching this? im just following on mlb.com gameday. Looks like Donnely just pegged two batters in a row and got ejected. then francona got ejected, now jose guillen has been ejected and Okajima hit the first batter he faced? wtf is going on?

ok, looks like i was wrong about Okajima hitting one. sometimes mlb.com gameday locks up after a while. must have been an artifact from Donnely nailing everyone.
    Donnely hit one batter: Guillen. He then grabbed his crotch or said something to Guillen, at which point Guillen approached the mound. Guillen got tossed, and Donnelly hit the next batter, and then he and Tito got tossed. No big deal.

Edit: theres apparently bad blood between the two after Guillen got Donnelly busted for using a foreign substance (among other incidents).

Double edit: Nice to see Timlin pitching again.
    Last edited by Long Duck Dong; 04-10-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    In case you're interested, he hit another one today.
    Wow, ARod killing it in April, amazing. Who cares if hes 3 for 29 in his last two Octobers, hes absolutely crushing Tampa Bay and Baltimore!

Astros and Cubs ppd due to snow today.

Felix Hernandez

Is anyone watching THIS? Despite my love of the Sox, as a baseball fan I'm hoping Felix no hits the Sox tonight. What a stud, he must be thinking, "I'll make em forget all about Ichiro vs. Dice-K!"

6 outs to go...
    "I'm on the High-T and all I need is a little gravity to bring me back...back to the fringe"

Fuck, I did it. First pitch in the 8th.

Bwahahahahahahahahahah! Now go get a no decision for Dice-K!
    "I'm on the High-T and all I need is a little gravity to bring me back...back to the fringe"

Rockies & Dodgers on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain in about 20 minutes.

What should I watch.... Nuggets vs. Jazz or Rockies vs. Dodgers? The are only one channel apart. And since I don't really like pro basketball, this choice should not be hard, but for some reason I am intrigued. Hmmm.....

The Rox, hands down. Brad Penny throwing high 90's is pretty fun to watch, too.

First L for Dice-K tonight. He looked good, but far from electric.

Rockies game has been on for an hour and 40 minutes and is only on the 4th inning, Dodgers winning 3-0. I flipped back over and watched the end of the Nuggets/Jazz game. Nuggies won.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    First L for Dice-K tonight. He looked good, but far from electric.
    Meanwhile King Felix was outstanding for the second straight game. The new Mariners slogan is going to be "Felix and...ahem...Felix and pray for snow."

Sweep for the Sox today- now it's up to Toronto to face the somewhat depleted Blue Jays before a three day set in the Bronx this weekend!

1. Beckett looked sharp again- had all three pitches working. It must have been pretty tough on the Angels to be rained out yesterday, then have to show up at Fenway for a 10 a.m. start, but still, nice outing.

2. Lugo was impressive today in the field- really athletic-looking out there. Still a defensive downgrade from last season but he's not hurting the team out there by any means.

3. Howie Kendrick will be playing in a lot of All-Star games over the next 10 years.

I wonder which three minor leaguers the Yankees are calling up for the weekend?