Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    bw @ back page next week for sox spring training?

That's an idea. Gimme a call when you come up for air.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I see that you've never picked up a golf club.
    Read much??

Did you miss the almost in in my comments? Now that you are in Jersey I'll be happy to play 18 with you sometime.

Go tigers
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sock View Post
    When I said play I didn't mean pick daisies in right field when you were ten. Where is Smokken to back me up

Did you have some examples?
    I'm here... for some reason, I just found this thread. Damn.

I would agree that baseball as an entire sport surpasses most (if not all) others on the mental scale. Sure, there are positions in other sports, specifically an NFL QB, that are more mentally challenging- but if you've played baseball at a high level in college or the pros, then you know that there's so much more to the game than what normal spectators see.

Sock- did you play college ball somewhere?

something tells me being a mariners fan this year is going to suck. Thank god I'm also a red sox fan
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Smmokan is right- if youve played at a high level, you tend to notice things that another person may overlook. Strategy from pitch to pitch, from pitch selection to defensive alignment to the hitter's approach. I can see how it can look boring, but if the scenario changes each pitch, it doesnt get boring for me
    Decisions Decisions

Right on Brock. There are so many things that the pitcher/catcher and hitter must consider, game situations, momentum, what kind of BP you have, etc that all dictates the game. Its hard to see when you're a casual fan and you're watching 40 games a year, but it happens.

If you want to see it played out even more, go to a D1 college baseball game on the weekends when there's a good pitching matchup. The coaches work so hard to get runners over and score runs that its quite obvious what's going on. Our coach was one of the best at that... we were never a big power team, but we always led the country (or close) in stolen bases and other "small-ball" things.

This being said is one of the reasons I'm a huge fan of the Yankees moves lately... Damon, Jeter, and Abreu at the front of that lineup doesn't get much better... these guys know how to work counts, move runners over, and do the little things that are needed.

Other than snowboarding and swimming, my two first loves, I absolutely love baseball. Such a thinking mans game as others have described. Once you reach an understanding higher than the average fan, it sheds a whole new light on the sport.

Go sox, Im eating up all the praise from Ft. Myers on our new import.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f View Post
    Thats funny.

Yes, I did play, and yes it is boring. I modify my earlier statement - Cricket is more fun to play.
    I dont get why dumbasses like you see a thread on baseball, a sport you obviously have no interest in, yet still come into the thread to post how much you hate it. Keep that shit to yourself instead of cunting up the threads.

You must lead a pretty boring pathetic life if you have time to post in a thread about a topic you think is boring as hell?

Hey SkieD, did you ever pay that guy the $40 you owe him for that retarded transaction you did on gearswap?

Who here is pissed that Direct TV is getting exclusive MLB Extra Innings rights? I wrote a pissed off email to MLB.com and got a great response. Here is the email:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:27 PM
    To: MLBAMCS - FanFeedback
    Subject: Help (Brian Kmetz)

I am writing this because I just read MLB is giving the Extra Innings
    rights to Direct TV. This is a collective slap in the face to fans
    across America. Totally disregarding their interests in pursuit of more
    money is questionable at best. I hope MLB loses money on this deal and I
    will never forgive Bud Selig. I hope his legacy is remembered for this
    and this alone.

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:16:21 -0800 [01:16:21 PM EST]
    From: MLBAMCS - Customer Service <customerservice@website.mlb.com>
    To: b_______@stlawu.edu
    Subject: RE: Help (Brian Kmetz)
    Headers: Show All Headers

Call
    For existing DIRECTV(r) service
    Home service: 1-800-494-4388
    Hearing impaired customers (TTY): 1-800-779-4388 Business service:
    1-888-200-4388 Hotel/dorm/hospital service: 1-800-388-2505

For new DIRECTV service
    Home service: 1-888-777-2454
    At your business: 1-888-388-4249

DIRECTV dealers
    1-800-323-1994

Partners
    Contact our partners

Ive got DirectTV. Do I have t pay extra for the baseball packae or is it included with the rest of my DirecTV channels? Im assuming Id pay extra
    Decisions Decisions

Oh itll be extra, a couple hundred bucks extra.

Yeah, it was around $150 for the Extra Innings package on digital cable- I imagine it'll be at least that for DirectTV.

I read somewhere that the FCC doesn't like the deal- I wonder if there's a chance it won't go through?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Go sox, Im eating up all the praise from Ft. Myers on our new import.
    watched the Dice-K highlights, holy shite!

Daisuke looks nasty. Papelbon looks nasty. Phillip Hughes was spotted cavorting at Sea World with Lance Bass and two pilot whales.

Okay Tribe fans, looks like we're in for a long season.

The Tribe will be atop the Central standings once its all said and done.

Craig Biggio will get his 3,000th hit this year. It couldn't happen to a better guy either. He's had a hell of a career and is truly a baseball player in every sense of the word. (He's my favorite player, if you can't tell).

and back in the day:

I've been catching the Astros on my XM radio playing down in Florida the last few days.

GO ASTROS!

Last edited by 72Twenty; 03-07-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Anyone going to be at the Rox opening day game? I'm going with a group of friends, but I'd love to meet up with some mags before/during the game.

No one will agree with me but for some reason I feel like the Rockies might actually make it interesting this year. Some young talent kind of on the same upward path and maybe three decent starting pitchers can be enough these days with a little luck, and shit they can't suck forever can they? Wait I just heard self think that and type it...this is baseball, they can suck forever.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Anyone going to be at the Rox opening day game? I'm going with a group of friends, but I'd love to meet up with some mags before/during the game.
    No, but will be going down in June for the Astros/Rockies. May catch various games on the weekends from time to time as well - I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    No one will agree with me but for some reason I feel like the Rockies might actually make it interesting this year. Some young talent kind of on the same upward path and maybe three decent starting pitchers can be enough these days with a little luck, and shit they can't suck forever can they? Wait I just heard self think that and type it...this is baseball, they can suck forever.
    There may be some truth to what you are saying. (I also like the Rockies, besides the Astros). They have some great talent... if they can put it all together and keep it together after the All-Star break....

Anything is possible in the NL West and National League. The Dodgers are looking tough to beat in the NL West with that pitching, but the Rockies should keep it interesting. They have a lot of good young players, which is one reason why I love watching them play. Their pitching could be pretty solid this year too.... I'm saying right around .500, if everything goes right they could be 5-10 games over.