Ya'll are pussies!

Man, I can't believe noone has posted in here since 9-20. Somebody had to break the tension in this room. Come on foggy, ibsksiski, where are you?

Had a great kayak tour on the Potomac river in D.C. Saturday night. That's right , I said NIGHT! Headed out with a group of about 16 from 6PM till about 10PM.

All the monuments were jaw-droppingly beautiful from the water. I can't even begin to describe how peaceful it was out there.

Could be a new addiction...
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Nothing here, besides my 50th post..

I once tried a kayak in a swimming pool, during high school P.E. class. Does that count for anything?

here's your pussy Freak

who you callin a pussy, ah nevermind, but seriously, how many oh us ski and paddle, and which do you prefer

In the winter, I like to ski

In the summer, I like to boat

I've skied since I was 3 yo I started paddling when I was 26. I liked paddling more for a few years but then I destroyed my shoulder and it just isn't the same when you can't rely on your ligaments to do thier job. Sadly I paddled once in thelast 2 years and it was on a piddly little river. I still love whitewater but I don't like floating down the river upside down witha discod shoulder so I have more or less retired.

So now I am a keener skier.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Talking

These photos were taken just about this time last year...

OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Now we're talking, I knew I just had to getcha riled up a bit.

Fish creek, Lochsa
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 10-14-2003 at 06:00 PM.

South Boulder Creek, CO (this summer)

BB, those up in the Northwest? We are planning on heading up there for a week of boating in the end of march, just a little break from ski season. Any recomendations, everything but 5+ creeks would be game, planning on a 3ish day river trip, then some playboating or non hair creeking. Thanks

Originally posted by powderfarmer
    BB, those up in the Northwest? We are planning on heading up there for a week of boating in the end of march, just a little break from ski season. Any recomendations, everything but 5+ creeks would be game, planning on a 3ish day river trip, then some playboating or non hair creeking. Thanks

Both of those shots are from the Horseshoe Bend section on the NF Nooksack River just outside of Bellingham here in upper NW WA. Here's the link to the write-up -- http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/2172/

There should be plenty of water in everything at the end of March, and I would highly recommend basing out of Index and hitting everything in the Skykomish drainage that you feel comforatable doing. If you want to keep in contact, I'd be more than happy to show you around my little playground. I might be guiding on the Sky a couple days, but that's no biggie.

Sky at low water (1300)

West Gallatin, below Ousel Falls (2800 cfs)

Last edited by FreakofSnow; 10-14-2003 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks bakerboy, you guide part time or what, I guide also, season on the Ark in colorado, and a season on a whole bunch of rivers in the east, damn its the best job ever. I'll keep in touch for sure, local help will be needed. I am def. not a class 5 boater(unless its a raft), but anything in the 4 range is cool by me.

Originally posted by FreakofSnow
    South Boulder Creek, CO (this summer)

Dude Kayaking is ok its like boating. but dont try to make it exteam with your little spins and "drops" can i say GAY any louder then " ya man i u went down the creek and did a 720 to water drop" Nigga pleaze

Blow me Dyke

Smile

We had another roll clinic in the pool tonight.

what pool you going to, I still need to get my flat water wheel going, and stupid stuff to work on.
    "Is it necessary to disdain the affluent Escalade driver in the ski area parking lot just because he never threw caution to the wind and gave up work, meat, and let his hair grow in the surreal international sojourn of powder skiing and self-actualiztion?"

WELL OF COURSE, thats why I am me and you aren't

Thanks bakerboy, you guide part time or what, I guide also, season on the Ark in colorado, and a season on a whole bunch of rivers in the east, damn its the best job ever. I'll keep in touch for sure, local help will be needed. I am def. not a class 5 boater(unless its a raft), but anything in the 4 range is cool by me.
    Yah, I guide on the Skykomish here in WA. Its the hardest regularly run commerical river in the state. So yeah, keep in touch here and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

what pool you going to, I still need to get my flat water wheel going, and stupid stuff to work on.
    We have been holding clinics here at Regis U. in Denver. I'll let you know when the next one comes up. Should be able to get you in for free.

wait a minute, iskibc, do you work for mountainmiser, I'd love to get in for one of your flat water clinics, let me know. Ryan.Vannuys@colorado.edu
    "Is it necessary to disdain the affluent Escalade driver in the ski area parking lot just because he never threw caution to the wind and gave up work, meat, and let his hair grow in the surreal international sojourn of powder skiing and self-actualiztion?"

wait a minute, iskibc, do you work for mountainmiser, I'd love to get in for one of your flat water clinics, let me know. Ryan.Vannuys@colorado.edu

No, I work for Regis. Director of the Outdoor Education and Adventure program here. I'll still be able to get you in if you want?

yeah I'd be game, just let me know.