Thread: ARMADA ROCKS!!!

ARMADA ROCKS!!!

First off, I LOVE my ANTs. They are quickly becoming my favorite everyday skis of all time. They have completely changed the way I ski and I feel like I am finding out new ways that the ski outperforms everything else i've been on a daily basis. If I ever find the day where I max out the ANTs capabilities, I will be super stoked because that means I've become one hell of a skier.

Secondly, these guys have awesome customer service and they stand behind their product above and beyond what is expected. The shop I use, messed up mounting a pair of bindings and predictably, the toe piece pulled out. Armada (without solicitation) had a new pair in my hands within hours of finding out what happened. The shop is a piece of shit but Armada is the real deal. As a community, we want people to stand behind their product so please don't take advantage but know that they are good people who make a great product.

-aaron

disclaimer: I ain't got to disclaim shit because I have absolutely no affiliation. And I only have two pairs of their skis because i was so happy with the performance of the first pair i bought.

I have owned AR5s as my park skis for 2 years and loved the durability. Finally cracked an edge and traded up for the ar6's which are awsome park/all mountain skis. Wide and lighter, who'ld 've thunk it. When they came out with the ARG, I immedietly shelved my new pontoons and ordered the ARG, knowing the construction would be much better. I was not wrong.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

I've got to agree on the construction. I thrash my skis pretty hard and my JPs ad ARGs have held up super well. Hit a bunch of rocks and barely have any scratches to show for it and only minor topsheet chips on both.

I too had an order in on Pontoons which was promptly cancelled for the ARGs. Fucking things are amazing.

I've busted 2 pairs of ANT's this season. They have been super good about warranty them right away. So good in fact that I've got an extra right ski still in the plastic just in case I break another one. The guys that work over there are awesome! Next year's skis are even better than this year. The ARG's are the shit!

If you guys have a contact for warranty can you PM me? As shown in the thread below I damaged one and am hoping to buy a spare from them if possible, not trying for a freebee. I bought em second hand so I don't want to hassle my local shop (Fresh in Calgary) about it.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ghlight=armada

Thanks

This my friends is good news, because i recently pulled my heel piece right out of my ANTs!

They are currently on their way to armada so they can look at them and deem whether they qualify for waranty. next years armadas would be sweet and thank god my shop is hooking up some demo's (nordica enforcers)

yeah, armada is awsome. i've never seen or heard from they're new york rep though. i like my pipe cleaners, but the bases seem a little soft. or maybe the coverage is really that bad.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    yeah, armada is awsome. i've never seen or heard from they're new york rep though. i like my pipe cleaners, but the bases seem a little soft. or maybe the coverage is really that bad.

its got to be the coverage because armada bases seem to break rocks that stand in their way. I haven't need to even apply any p-tex to my ANTs and i've had a few brushes with the snaggle teeth.

That pipe cleaner race base has got to be a lot softer than the regular bases for that extra speed. The regular bases are bulletproof but slow.

I ripped out a binding on some JP vs. Juliens...and epoxied the holes, but haven't remounted them...any chance I can warranty them?
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

force of impact + force of steeze = 0

the two negate each other. for Eric, stomping a 60 ft cornice switch is like jumping on a really soft hotel mattress." - NS member ChronicF explaining why Eric Pollard still has knees.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    its got to be the coverage because armada bases seem to break rocks that stand in their way. I haven't need to even apply any p-tex to my ANTs and i've had a few brushes with the snaggle teeth.
    I agree. I am absolute hell on skis but I only have had one core shot. Should have thirty. I bustes a dead but standing tree in half with one ANT. Yeah, in half. But then one of the damned halves hit me square in the jewels, and the ANTs just wanted to keep going. Not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Nothing but good things to say, had a pair of 04/05 AR5's edge pull out at the seam last year and they sent me new one's way after the warranty. I was going to just epoxy them but they were super cool about it. These skis were beat to hell, like 150 days on them of nothing but low snow punishment but they still warrantied them.

The durability of the bases astounds me, though they are a little slow. Still upset that I missed the ANT sale on BC.com last year you bastards bought them up in like ten mins.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by arem86 View Post
    I ripped out a binding on some JP vs. Juliens...and epoxied the holes, but haven't remounted them...any chance I can warranty them?
    depends, what year? also, JPs are not friendly to FKS style heels, the core seems to be pretty prone to rip outs, that's the sacrifice you take with such an amazing light ski. if you can get them warrenteed, definitely do it.

and either way, when you get them mounted again, make sure you helicoil.
    "Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by arem86 View Post
    I would say that they will do the warranty. Just give their customer service a call and see what they say. I'll even bet they give you next year's at this point.

Ok, should I call Armada up, or take them into my local dealer (I didn't buy them there, got them from a guy on NS.com) ,and I think they are the 05/06 models.
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

the two negate each other. for Eric, stomping a 60 ft cornice switch is like jumping on a really soft hotel mattress." - NS member ChronicF explaining why Eric Pollard still has knees.

Call them up. From everyone I've heard from, that is the best way to get things done.

Well fuck, I just went to the Armada website to look for the warranty number to call, and started reading the warranty page, it says they only cover the original purchaser, from an authorized Armada dealer, with a receipt from that dealer (none of which applies to me) and that they don't cover 'Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings, including binding mountings pulling out of the ski.'
    Still worth calling them up? And if so, does anyone have the number, I didn't see it on the page, but I could probably find it if I googled or something.
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

call em, explain the situation. At worst, they'll probably offer you a pair of skis at a discount. Just be honest.

do as they say and call your dealer.

Anyone have a contact for Armada? Over the weekend I broke a coaching colleagues brand new ARV's. The local shop (Fresh) wouldnt pass them onto Armada. I broke the core where the edge attaches about 1/4 inch into the ski, still skiable, the edge is slighty pushed up, but not compressed (it brokke further into the ski) She only had six days before i broke them while coaching. Want to exhuast warranty options before I buy her new boards.