Blower mounting point? Sidewall confusion.

I bought the little guys version (185) and was prepped for mounting but I've got a question. The Ride and Air marks on the ski don't line up with the I marks on the sidewalls. The sidewall marks are back from the topsheet marks. The Ride line on the topsheet is forward of the corresponding I by about a 1/4" and the Air line is forward about 3/16" of it's corresponding I on the sidewall.

I was planning on mounting these at the ride or slightly forward but now I'm just confused. I have a pair of P12 Ti's I planned on mounting but with the confusion of mounting points I'm considering grabbing a set of Railflex bindings to allow adjustment. Help????
    Driving to Targhee

I believe it's fairly common for the markings on the topsheet graphic to be incorrect. Follow the sidewall markings.

Freezed is correct. The sidewall marks are typically always chosen over the topsheet mark. I suppose just make sure that the sidewall marks are consistent on both skis.

The topsheet marks line up ski to ski and the sidewall marks line up ski to ski, soo.....where the heck do I mount them at for a versatile powder ski? I'll be using them in 2" to bottomless, trees to open bowls. I've got other skis for the rest of the days.

Last edited by cooltsi; 02-26-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added picture
    Driving to Targhee

Use the ride line on the sidewall.

I went with the ride line on the sidewall. I like the handling.

I also went with the sidewall ride line for my 185's. They ski very well in all conditions.

A few threads on the subject:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51921

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...=supercharg%2A

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...lower+mounting

The threads didn't answer my question but might help others. I wonder how many of these are mounted to the topsheet?
    Driving to Targhee

I called nordica on this...apparently the I's on the side actually do not stand for anything, not like volkl where I indicates midboot. Nordica told me to mount them according to the topsheet and totally disregard the I's on the sidewall. I did and mounted tehm at ride on the topsheet and they rode great...then i sold them

I called Nordica on this today and they told me the exact opposite. They said to utilize the sidewall markings and ignore the topsheet. I asked for a measurment from the tail for the true Ride mounting point and they are suppose to get back to me.
    Driving to Targhee

Bump for some more input?

Looking for some input on where people had theirs mounted, sidewall or topsheet? And feedback on the given mount.
    Driving to Targhee

Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    Looking for some input on where people had theirs mounted, sidewall or topsheet? And feedback on the given mount.
    Asked the guys to mount mine using the rear sidewall mark, but they used the rear topsheet mark instead which puts them at about a +1. Two days in on my 185's so far and they rip. I kind of think that anywhere between the sidewall marks is gonna be fine. For comparison's sake, when put side by side with my 183 Gotama's, the toe pieces are at the same location in relation to the shovel (both using Sallie 9XX bindings).

Mount them somewhere near the rear line and go ski them!
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 03-03-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Mounting

I went 1cm+ of the FR line. Ski really nice! If I spent more time in 1' and deeper, I would stick to FR.

How's The Rock this year?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I went 1cm+ of the FR line. Ski really nice! If I spent more time in 1' and deeper, I would stick to FR.

How's The Rock this year?
    +1 of the tophseet or sidewall? Planning on the Ride, the question is which Ride line to mount to.

Pebbles had a rough year up until about two weeks ago and with about 30" of recent snow it has improved markedly. Still seeing a few rocks and stumps in the trees etc....but the groomers are good.
    Driving to Targhee

Just an FYI, the I Ride mark(sidewall) is exactly -1cm from the topsheet Ride marking. The I Air mark is +3 from the Ride topsheet and the Air topsheet is +.9 from the I air mark. I'm going with the Ride topsheet.
    Last edited by cooltsi; 03-05-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Driving to Targhee

Mine are mounted at Ride topsheet...damn I heart these skis. PERFECT pow flotation, charge through any condition, and I can rip the strongest and fastest GS turns on groomers.

SUCH a good decision to get this ski!
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

I just got a pair of these things that I'll be mounting either tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to do some measurements on other skis that I like and figure out where I want to mount them. I'm assuming it will be close to the ride sidewall mark........but it's good to see all this input. I'll add my own in a few days.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp