Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcwop
    Curious, in your original post you described the accident as follows: "got high sided going mach..... POP!"

If you don't mind me asking how exactly did it happen? I do understand if you don't want to relive it again, or simply don't remember.

Cheers

sure guy. heres how it went down:

over the shoulder day that went bell to bell, so i was worked by the last run.
    if you are familier with wildcat at alta you know how it is a series of gullies. i was maching huge turns from gully wall to gully wall. as i climed the skiers left wall or 'bank' at a good clip my intention was to turn right, back into the fall line of the gully. As i unweighted to turn i saw utter sweetness in the gully to my left, and made the instant choice to continue left, down the fall line of the gully wall to the left. mind you i was navel deep at this moment.

with good forward momentum i attempted to suck my knees to my chest and point my core into the left gully, but the lower half of me kept wanting to turn back into the gully i had come from. something caught my right tip, some harder snow, a rock, a root, i have no idea. but as i tried to suck my body up, it just stayed extended, and then everthing came down on my right knee. all my forward momentum and downward force at the same moment. hyperextend, upper body pitche forward, right leg stays lodged wher it is, pop, season over.

so i guess high sided does not explain it well, because that implies an uphill twisting fall, where as this was more of a dual fall line, ridge fubar, clusterfuck, end over end hyperextension, in deep snow.
    Last edited by basom; 10-30-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    as an expert in these kind of things i recommend you go back with your XXXs and try again. report back, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    me - maybe
    you - definately

I'm a bit worried that maybe they won't provide the floation that's needed to propel myself over bricks. I originally tried on some nice purple Rossignol v4k's (pretty sweet rig if I do say so) and I definately didn't float. Maybe I should buy some spats and try.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    Awesome news, b. I'm still wondering if I'm truly ready to go, even though the doc said I was a few months ago, and the knee has never given me any real reason to doubt it. Strange, but the mental hurdle seems greater after the second one. Maybe cause I really don't want a third one.
    You can do it. I know it takes a while to trust your knee again, but it'll come back!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

yeah E, what AG said.

you can dooo it!!!!! come to VT and gimp it up with me. we'll ski all conservitive, and stick to the groom, it will be epic!

i'm shop forming gear as we speak because i'm so stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    Maybe I should buy some spats and try.
    you should definitely try that. i'll grab you some mismatched marker m700s out of our spare parts bin at the shop and ship them to you in exchange for a keg of leinenkeugel (sp?)

Thumbs up

Yes!!! That is such awesome news, Basom! Glad you're back. Believe me, you'll appreciate skiing even more after working so hard to get back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason
    Yes!!! That is such awesome news, Basom! Glad you're back. Believe me, you'll appreciate skiing even more after working so hard to get back to it.

thanks endless,
    hard to imagine skiing getting better, seeing how its the best thing ever, but if it can then...... oh yeah!

so now that you're back...are you still in the Winnebago swearing your fucking ass off? If not, can I move in for this season?
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

well i don't know if i'm ready to move out quite yet, still a little ways to go untill the strength is fully there, and then a little more time swearing my fucking ass off because i can't charge. however, the winnebago has lots of room in the reer for guests. so move in, grab a black label, and start your cussin'

I FUCKED UP THE WORD REAR!

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    I FUCKED UP THE REAR!

SaAaH (and somebody was gonna do it...),
    d.

man i was trying to fuck this nice little rear on saturday. iceman was in town and we were hanging at the bar his brother works at. needless to say we were indulging. Ice's friend Will picked up two ladies outside who were bumming train fare. one was cute and both were drunk.
    long story short, i was invited home with them, but due to my hallucinatory state i opted not to vomit in her sock drawer, and just assured her i'd call her later. stupid whiskey dick.

A rough day. Jesus, I'm still feeling sick. What time did you leave, base?

hahahahaha. i couldn't sleep well on the couch, your boy from manilla sounds like a fricken chainsaw. i think i bailed around 7:30 am, probly shouldn't have been driving. your brother makes a mean martini.

also, could you confirm that Jill was Hot, or hotish at least, i think my memory may be altered slightly.

Yeah she was at least hottish, maybe a little better than that. I didn't know you got the invite, or if I knew I forgot. I went to bed after 4:00, you were asleep on the couch. Aparently my bro and George (the guy from Manilla) stayed up even later. Long day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Yeah she was at least hottish, maybe a little better than that. I didn't know you got the invite, or if I knew I forgot. I went to bed after 4:00, you were asleep on the couch. Aparently my bro and George (the guy from Manilla) stayed up even later. Long day yesterday.
    all i know is it took three people four attempts to write down her phone number. i was beyond gone. good thing we went to wills and smoked like a hundred joints after that.
    i am very glad i didn't have to fly anywhere yesterday.

Man, they had to do some shit like change runways or something, we were in this packed little commuter-type jet, we sat there on the runway for almost half an hour with no AC running, alcohol was literally dripping from every pore in my body. I'm sure the lady sitting next to me was stoked.

sure she was stoked, i mean, free booze!