Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorey View Post
    Is that Dura? (third in fromt he left) It looks like a Dura bottle, but I haven't seen that symbol before.
    that's Isle of Jura, the scotch is called "Superstition"

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Picked up a bottle of Oban today. Damn it's tasty.

ohhhhhh my favoritist!

im sorry, and im interupting a future AA meeting???

I also am a lover of scotch. Glenfiddich is my preference. Mmmm, love how it warms going down.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Arbegg for the campfire experience, Springbank 30 if you have the $$$$, Speyburn 10 for a GREATLY underated single malt for cheap. Fiddich, meh, LIvett, meh, they are ok, but there are many better for the $$ (sorry to burst your bubble SF-i will buy you and GFP a drink next time i am in the neighborhood)
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

baa scotch!

give me granddaddy 100!

Closed on the house I was selling today. Check is in the fedex from the title company. So I went and bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16... I can't tell if I like it or Talisker better. Guess I'll have to keep drinking until I can figure it out.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Macallan Cask Strength.

Personally ever since I quit smoking I prefer a small-batch Bourbon, but a wee dram is still nice now & then.
    I've been working on a bottle of this for the past 2 months. Good stuff. Of course I've gone thru about 3 handles of JW Black in the same 2 months.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Superstition is great stuff. I ran across it for the first time about 2 years ago. Not very fancy but really tasty. I'm also hooked on Woodford Reserve Bourbon. I'm getting thirsty, and it isn't even 10am yet

There was a show on one of the HD channels last night about a bourbon bar and doing all of this bourbon tasting. They had me sold on one distiller's 15 and 23yo's but I guess I'd had enough scotch and smoked a few bowls so I can't remember what the name of it was. Anyone else catch this show?
    Last edited by jgb@etree; 07-28-2007 at 07:58 AM.

this thread needs a bump. damn i like scotch!
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Lagavulin - mmmm peaty....

What is the proper pronouncation of Lagavulin ???

"Gav-ee-lynn"??

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Thanks. So clearly an Isle of Jura production with rebranding for the younger generation.

Might look into that, despite making me grumpy, I'm a sucker for re-branding.
    Not around much these days.

balvenie is the shit...
    tis all
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Lagavulin - mmmm peaty....

What is the proper pronouncation of Lagavulin ???

"Gav-ee-lynn"??
    lagaVOOlin -- Have a listen here

nice bump!

Lately, I've been enjoying this :

My bottle is getting low and soon I'll have to re-up. So good... like essence of the earth good.

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiEvil View Post
    Mmmm......Johnny Walker Blue is my choice.
    I tried some of that thar JW Blue. It goes down real nice while sitting in first class on British Airways. Good stuff.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

buuump

got here from the whiskey thread, but this is so much more specific to my poison of choice

damage from tonight (incomplete):

left to right:

st. emilion grand cru (2000, went with the meal we cooked), three chimay (one missing from the shot), wife's 17 yo bowmore, which she shared with us with a bit of persuasion (and a heavy hand). yalumba museum muskat (18% dessert wine):

missing from the picture: bombay sapphire cocktails.

three people total.

I had to leave my whisky in Scotland

Best I ever had was 1969 Linkwood Glenlivet

Like liquid gold it was

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Lagavulin
    fine choce

While in Ireland this summer I drank quite a bit of Tullamore Dew with the locals. I find it to be smoother than Jameson and it's not too expensive.

Shit. Just got paid and my supply is running low. Time for a trip to the 'ol state liquor store.

Allright, I need some help guys.

I'm not a scotch conniseur. But, I do appreciate good grog. (I brew beer and I could talk about it for days)

I haven't really drank much whiskey straight in my time...(I'm only 26 and It still must have had a bad association with college) But, last summer at a friends wedding I had some Talkisker 18 year (Yes it was awesome). Then, I ended up finishing a bottle of Bushmills 2 moths ago with my uncle and cousins before going to the Steelers Broncos game. I had never had Bushmills before and I really enjoyed it. I know Bushmills isn't a top shelf even among blends. So, I went to the liquor store to expand my horizons. I didn't want to spend any money on a good bottle just becuase I don't wanna buy something that I don't like. So, I went safe and decide to buy a cheap bottle of something that might be a small upgrade to the bushmills. So, I went with Johnny Walker Black. Yeah, I've had Red (usually as shots or a mixer) and I've tasted Blue (before I appreciate the taste of scotch). But, while I can drink it, it just doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure what about the taste, I don't like. But, it was a disappointment.

So, if I really like Bushmills. What is the Scotchy direction that I want to go in? I've seen Bushmills 12 and higher at a few bars. I've never tried and I don't recall seeing it at liquor stores around. Is there a good $30-$40 dollar bottle of Scotch that might be a Bushmills upgrade. Or should I just stick to standard Bushmills and be thankful that I have cheap tastes?