Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mad Max get's Max'd AGAIN!

Met up with the kid at Loveland today for a run. He was stoked to be on his new Lotus 120.
    We went up to the ridge, and hiked up to Lost Child. The cornice was looking good, so I dropped in and skied the line. I waited for Gosey to drop in. Just then, Hyrups skis up to me and introduces himself. We look up and Gosey is dropping the cornice. He lands it fine, but straight lines out of it. I'm saying turn! turn!
    He's hauling ass at this point.....then, he loses a ski to pre-release...kid is doing mach-loony on one ski, still in a straight line. He skis at least 100 yards on one ski going straight for a field of death cookies. Watching, you knew of the impending doom....
    He slams into one of the the death cookies and starts a violent ragdolling tomahawk. I don't know how many times he went ass-over-teakettle, but he covered a lot of real estate.

I skied over to him, and asked him if he was "ok". He was grimacing with pain, and mentioned something about knocking his hip out of the socket. That was the last run of the day for The Gosey. -The End

please tell me you are kidding...

Umm.......
    Harsh.
    Toboggan?
    Hospital?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Where was your camera? Tell me it was in your hands...

skiing with gosey is now recommended for new ski patrollers so that they can get trauma experience
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    please tell me you are kidding...
    x2.

Now, that said I laughed my ass off at the commentary going along with the fall, if not the result. That makes me a bad person I know but them's the breaks.

Heal up if this isn't a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    skiing with gosey is now recommended for new ski patrollers so that they can get trauma experience
    beer on the monitor.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Damn......that Goseys
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Totally not kidding. He managed to ski himself down to the bottom....broken helmet and all...

Patrol came looking for him after the reports they heard of someone beatering there. Best beater I've seen in a very long time.

i can't tell if this is a joke or not. i guess that makes it a joke, regardless. yes? max, if you're hurt, I hope you recover quickly. and quit trying to keep up with really really good skiers, you have nothing to prove to them and only pain to gain by trying to prove something!!

Gosey, I think this is a sign that maybe you are trying to progress just a little too fast for your young skier self. no one became a bad ass skier overnight, it's only been a few seasons under your belt and you have had several major injuries. Please, please take it easy. With experience comes skill young jedi.

This is the kind of development that really tugs at my heart strings. Let's get Ethan fitted for that nurse outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Met up with the kid at Loveland today for a run. He was stoked to be on his new Lotus 120.
    We went up to the ridge, and hiked up to Lost Child. The cornice was looking good, so I dropped in and skied the line. I waited for Gosey to drop in. Just then, Hyrups skis up to me and introduces himself. We look up and Gosey is dropping the cornice. He lands it fine, but straight lines out of it. I'm saying turn! turn!
    He's hauling ass at this point.....then, he loses a ski to pre-release...kid is doing mach-loony on one ski, still in a straight line. He skis at least 100 yards on one ski going straight for a field of death cookies. Watching, you knew of the impending doom....
    He slams into one of the the death cookies and starts a violent ragdolling tomahawk. I don't know how many times he went ass-over-teakettle, but he covered a lot of real estate.

I skied over to him, and asked him if he was "ok". He was grimacing with pain, and mentioned something about knocking his hip out of the socket. That was the last run of the day for The Gosey. -The End
    Maybe it's the Scotch??? BUT, that killed me! Still laughing!

Maybe the Goosey should stick to skiing green runs.

Is there anywhere he can't hurt himself? Pow? Park? Steeps?

Ahhh, I remember that feeling of mach looney after blasting big off that drop... giant sweep to the left... giant sweep to the right. Finally haul it in just to find I burned the majority of the run after the hike from the top of 2. (that was long before 9 was in).

Hope you're OK Max. Maybe you should play baseball this summer and learn to slide it.

stop being a dumb-fuck.

I just laughed so hard that I had to fight back the Saranac Pale Ale from exiting via my nose. Not at how funny this story is, but reminds me of a fall my bro took at the bottom of Outer Limits about ten years ago....He thought there was some sweet pow off to the side so he ripped thru it at about 40 MPH or so...that is until the death crust that it was ripped both of his skiiiiis off. He then slid on his face with feet just about in front of his face, fuckin cartoon-style. I'll never forget him asking me if his face was bleeding...uh, yes...yes it is
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Oh and max I'd like to offer my congratulations on making it all the way to the middle of february this year
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

We all thanked him graciously, especially for the brownies and turkey sandwiches. He knew the hunger that consumed us, made noticeable by our twitching.

This is why I like Blurred- I can't always tell if he's being serious or it's a joke!!!!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    Oh and max I'd like to offer my congratulations on making it all the way to the middle of february this year
    dude, it was his 2nd day back after missing a month or more with a sprained knee.

Ouch.

Did he get checked out medically? Sounds like concussion or spinal injury potential.

I did a ragdoll/tomahawk back in '91 that still is a pain in neck.

Dibs on the 120s!

hope you're not hurt too badly, Max.......

.....now back to laughing my ass off. nice recap BE.

he should really change his screen name to "Down Days".
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-22-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    This is the kind of development that really tugs at my heart strings. Let's get Ethan fitted for that nurse outfit.
    BWAAAAHAHAHAHAH!

Marshal... I'm sorry, man. Didn't realize there wouldn't be an easy entrance in case I decided to pussy out.

Oh well... my hip hurts a little, and I sorta dislocated my jaw, but I didn't re-tear my MCL, which is good. I could make turns afterwards, and skiing is easier than walking, so I'm hoping to be up on Saturday, then take it easy for 4 or 5 days.

I'd like to throw out a massive just so the collective doesn't have to. And also a large apology for being such a dumbass. I should NOT ski terrain like that if I'm still too scared to turn after coming out hot from a huck. Blurred, that talk about "teaching me shit" should probably start on smaller stuff first.

Should I post a picture of the helmet? It's pretty funny...

Anyway, my heart and mind (and proprioception) are in two (three) different places in skiing... this is now obvious.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

There's a helmet left?