Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    its not the DIN
    True...in fact, it's probably a good thing the skis came off as who knows where they would have taken him had they remained underfoot...
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

thunk....

What was that sound you ask?

It was the sound of good advice falling on deaf ears.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    ...and I thought you liked him because you're just such a slutty cunt!
    Yeah, this could be the most entertaining part of this thread.

Max, take care of yourself bro.
    He who has the most fun wins!

i am NOT apologizing.
    Nor should you, it's good solid advice, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    thunk....

What was that sound you ask?

It was the sound of good advice falling on deaf ears.
    Who'da thunk it?

i am NOT apologizing.
    You shouldn't. And LB is absolutely right. (Funny you mention the book, as I'm in the library looking at it right now, about to return it because it's overdue and I've read about three pages. I'm gonna go re-check it out right now.)

Doing this OVER and OVER and OVER makes me wonder if I should take my immature ass out of skiing altogether. I obviously have proven incapable of skiing prudently, despite many statements of intent to do so. I started off ok with "nah, not today," but that has quickly disappeared, faster than my ability has improved.

I wonder if I'm just too dumb to make good decisions in skiing...?

Anyway, thanks, all, for the thoughts and advice, despite the fact that my overwhelming ignorance may prevent it from being effective.

Edit to add: Nicholas, I NEED you and Andi! Skiing with you guys was both fun and beneficial and overall pain-free. Good amount to push without pushing too hard. Emulating Blurred, marshal, Z et al is NOT good for me. Copying you guys is.
    Last edited by Deep Days; 02-23-2007 at 11:29 AM.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

... and read that god damn book. for fucks sake...

Title / Author?

Thanks.

and glad yer ok Max... you'll get more than enough chances to dance with the devil on skis... quit looking for him!
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    You shouldn't. And LB is absolutely right.

Doing this OVER and OVER and OVER makes me wonder if I should take my immature ass out of skiing altogether. I obviously have proven incapable of skiing prudently, despite many statements of intent to do so. I started off ok with "nah, not today," but that has quickly disappeared, faster than my ability has improved.

Anyway, thanks, all, for the thoughts and advice, despite the fact that my overwhelming ignorance may prevent it from being effective.
    Just wondering : Are you always like that, or just when it comes to skiing ?
    (ie reckless, underestimating the danger and overestimating your abilities)
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Title / Author?
    ^^ Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu

Max-
    you don't need to stop skiing you need to learn how to ski simple as that. Skiing isn't charging.

Bangs head, now I'm doing it.

phillipe- ask him about how careful he is around hospital sharps
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

The Tao of Pooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    You shouldn't. And LB is absolutely right. (Funny you mention the book, as I'm in the library looking at it right now, about to return it because it's overdue and I've read about three pages. I'm gonna go re-check it out right now.)

Edit to add: Nicholas, I NEED you and Andi! Skiing with you guys was both fun and beneficial and overall pain-free. Good amount to push without pushing too hard. Emulating Blurred, marshal, Z et al is NOT good for me. Copying you guys is.
    So then it isn't fucking rocket science, Max. DONT emulate them. Ski at YOUR OWN PACE. SKI WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES. I am not trying to be a dick, but this spray just makes you seem like a bigger tool. Quit fucking spraying on the internet about how much you suck and how you may need to consider getting yourself out of skiing and GO AND SKI!!! Just stop thinking about it so much.

I really dont know what else to say except that I am really disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Exclamation

maybe it's just me, but man, if you can't make a turn, you shouldn't be hucking. first things first.

didn't you break one of your cervical vertebrae once upon a time?
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I really dont know what else to say except that I am really disappointed.
    I am really disappointed with how badly you appear to want to be Max's buttbuddy.

C'mon Max, when are you gonna learn?

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I am really disappointed with how badly you appear to want to be Max's buttbuddy.
    Eh, deep down he is a good kid that is a little lost and could use some advice. The internet masks peoples good intentions. I bet in real life you are a nice normal person and not the cum guzzling canker sore you come off as on the board
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Sisyphus:
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Or is it more like the sword of damacles?

There is a big difference between breaking yourself and pushing yourself. Progression comes in small steps. Not in leaps and bounds.

Aren't you going to become a doctor or something? You should know that although the medical field is doing wonderful things that once you mangle yourself over and over it is hard to fix that.

It sounds like you need a little perspective dude. Why don't you just spend the rest of the season having fun and learning how to do all the fundimental stuff really well? Like skiing bumps and trees and hitting small jumps in the park and appreciating ALL of it.

Do you really have plug boots? For God's sakes Why!? If you are really just getting into the sport, gear like that isn't gonna do anything for you. They sure as hell aren't gonna turn you into an expert overnight. Most great skiers on the hill aren't even using plugs.

Having a sweet quiver with some custom $1000 skis is sweet too. Except that won't turn you expert like magic either. I've been skiing for a long time and this is the first year I've had a quiver of more than two. When you live in a ski town you'll realize that most of the truly great skiers (usually bums) work like dogs to be able to afford to ski every day. They usually don't have money to add brand new skis to their quiver every year. But, guess what? They RIP. Sure, If you have the $ and desire buy all the skis you want. But, the point I'm trying to get across is that it seems like you are in it for all the wrong resons. It's not about the gear, or looking gnar, or being able to follow your friends into that sweet chute. It's about yourself and the mountain (wow, that sounds corny as fuck) and the journey to become great. It's all about the little goals and achievemnets each season; the first zipperline, a smooth grab, a tight tree line that you couldn't have done a month ago. If you stop, look around, and enjoy the ride you'll have a lot more fun becoming a good skier.

Quote Originally Posted by smolakian View Post
    It sounds like you need a little perspective dude. Why don't you just spend the rest of the season having fun and learning how to do all the fundimental stuff really well? Like skiing bumps and trees and hitting small jumps in the park and appreciating ALL of it.

Do you really have plug boots? For God's sakes Why!? If you are really just getting into the sport, gear like that isn't gonna do anything for you. They sure as hell aren't gonna turn you into an expert overnight. Most great skiers on the hill aren't even using plugs.

Having a sweet quiver with some custom $1000 skis is sweet too. Except that won't turn you expert like magic either. I've been skiing for a long time and this is the first year I've had a quiver of more than two. When you live in a ski town you'll realize that most of the truly great skiers (usually bums) work like dogs to be able to afford to ski every day. They usually don't have money to add brand new skis to their quiver every year. But, guess what? They RIP. Sure, If you have the $ and desire buy all the skis you want. But, the point I'm trying to get across is that it seems like you are in it for all the wrong resons. It's not about the gear, or looking gnar, or being able to follow your friends into that sweet chute. It's about yourself and the mountain (wow, that sounds corny as fuck) and the journey to become great. It's all about the little goals and achievemnets each season; the first zipperline, a smooth grab, a tight tree line that you couldn't have done a month ago. If you stop, look around, and enjoy the ride you'll have a lot more fun becoming a good skier.
    Word is born
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Word is born

Word is bond

Please, know of what you speak before you speak it. You're as clueless as the person you're criticizing.
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post

Word is bond

Please, know of what you speak before you speak it. You're as clueless as the person you're criticizing.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post

Word is bond

I think you're off your meds cause you just went so far off into left field that you actually lost me
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    ...and I thought you liked him because you're just such a slutty cunt!
    You would think that at your age you would be a little less insecure and psycho. MBSC ignores you, why can't you ignore her?

Deep Days, first off glad you're OK. I couldn't help but wonder if you visualized what you were doing before you did it? Did you know where you were going to scrub your speed after your huck/straightline? It's a lot easier to do things in your head first than to do everything on the fly as it's coming at you.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I think you're off your meds cause you just went so far off into left field that you actually lost me
    I knew you were lost on your first post.

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE!!!!