Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to...

Thumbs up Props to...

In light of Vano's recent streak of bad luck with gear swappers and the recent influx of jongs, it can be hard to know who is trustworthy outside of the old maggot circles. Go ahead and pat some of the new kids on the back.

I'll start:
    Props to Jay's Dip Powcher for some 1080's. Good communication, pictures and timely shipping. Skis arrived a little better than described.

EDIT:

A long time since I've been here, and an addition or two is in order.

1. Mntlion is the man. End of story

2. Ptex1 occasionally sells stuff at fire sale prices. Do not expect great (or arguably good) customer service. Customer service is not included in the price, but you will get your gear. Have patience, he is known to occasionally misplace orders and he does a significant volume with the maggot collective. Overall people have good experiences. If you need gear immediately, look elsewhere.

3. PM Gear-yeah, Pat and crew are badass and all, and make a damn fine product that they stand behind moreso than any other company out there. Manufacturing production has in the past been shaky and caused delays. Make sure to call Pat and verify your gear is ready to go, or you may end up waiting a little while.

*I would do business with everyone in the my post
    Last edited by DJSapp; 05-08-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Thumbs up

He's not a jong, but in the short five months that Gamma has been on the board, he has hooked up a ton of maggots with deals by organizing several group buys.

Especially deserving of props because I think he is out of action with a broke leg, while we get to enjoy our new gear.

I'll add another low post count member to the list of trustworthy mags:

Dudley - Granted it was a parking lot skis-for-cash exchange, he seemed like a good guy... even got me a nice sixpack as a parting gift

Props to Senor_Smoke. He sent me the backpack I bought from him before I had sent the paypal payment. Backpack was as described, great deal.

Nice way to enter the community.

One of the boards I frequent (guitars) has a feedback section where you can either swing from the nuts of the seller/tell everyone how great he is/mutual stroking, etc., or you can RAIL them for a deal gone bad. It has proven to be pretty useful for the most part. People also use it to ask if others have had dealings with others, and how it all went. It's a good self-moderating area, and has been pretty well received.

Anyone think that maybe a sticky post for feedback might be a good thing around here? I'm a relative jong around here, but I've already got a pretty good feel for who's who. I'm also wary of mags who come in, post gear for sale, and check out - you know NOTHING else about them. Of course, I just don't bother to buy from them, but I HATE seeing people being taken advantage of, knowing that some people (myself included) spend their last dollars on recreational gear.

Thoughts??
    Gravity. It's the law.

There is a feedback system for the classifieds on an Automotive forum I am a part of. It's a good system for established sellers. It however, doesn't help with new sellers who have no established feedback.

Also, previous transactions or the sellers reputation on a forum doesn't guarantee the transaction will go good. I know of a situation on another forum where a longtime respected member, and moderator, with many positive transactions flaked out bigtime on an expensive item. Recieved the money, and just never sent the item. As far as I know, the issue still hasn't been resolved a number of months later.

The most you can do is take precautions to protect yourself. Use PayPal (not a guarantee, but better than a check or MO), get references from other online communities, and get all contact info prior to making any sort of transaction.

If you're really concerned about it, you could have the seller make an Ebay buy-it-now, which would then offer even more securities, not guarantees, but securities.
    Last edited by BigAirSkier1580; 02-22-2007 at 07:31 AM. Reason: My fat fingers can't type well

We don't need a feedback system because if someone fukks one of us over, maggot law comes into effect and the bastard will be lynched. I'm almost started a thread like this in the main forum so funny it pops up today.

Here is my props list. I edited because everyone knows all the old timers are cool so props to just the newer folks.

Camel Toad-we've never met and he donated some cash to an a total vert in a day comp I entered to raise money for cancer research.

300hp-he just gave me some boots and said he would pay shipping. Don't let his low post count fool you. He's been around awhile.

JFC-5 poster who went out of his way to rush me some skis.

Corn dog-smooth operator on a binding trade.

Everyone else I've dealt with on in gearswap. There's been a bunch over the last couple years, these are are just the recent ones. I've never had bad luck here. Maybe slow shipping every once in awhile but there's always a reason behind it. This is pretty cool place and I hope it stays cool.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 02-22-2007 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I've gotten bike parts from

rontel,

uncle crud

and a few others that I have forgotten about

all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Camel Toad-we've never met and he donated some cash to an a total vert in a day comp I entered to raise money for cancer research.
    We Never Met him either and He hooked us up with a sitter over Thanksgiving so we could ski Mt. Baker...The best hook up ever! Thanks Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    We don't need a feedback system because if someone fukks one of us over, maggot law comes into effect and the bastard will be lynched.
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I've completed more than 10 transactions (buying, selling, giving away, whatever) and I've never had a problem. Its amazing how much trust there is in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I've gotten bike parts from

rontel,

uncle crud

and a few others that I have forgotten about

all good.

Rontele definitely hooked me up. He's an old timer in my book though so he doesn't make the JONG props list well maybe...

JFC's skis just got here so he gets a on top of his earlier props.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I'm legit.
    ...so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

This isn't pat yourself on the back thread...but cool i will remember that I can buy from you thanks dude!

Being on the other side of the world from 95% of you I've got to have an even higher level of trust in transactions. Lots of people have hooked me up. Special mention goes to LeeLau, HomerJay and dk_alaskan, who all went out of their way to help me out. But they all have high post counts so that's to be expected - they're true maggots.

Someone whose post count is low (although rising) who needs special mention is StuntCok. He bought me bindings, brought them on a plane to Australia and shipped them within Australia to save me coin all before I'd paid him anything. He wouldn't take money for the shipping either. All he asked for his courier service and shipping was for me to make a donation to Stand Strong Again. Major props.

I've got another maggot helping me out currently. majortom's doing a similar thing - receiving skis and instead of just plain reshipping he's willing to bring them to Australia and ship them to save me money. I've only got good vibes about this deal too - I'll let you know how it turns out.

Maggots rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcascadielady View Post
    This isn't pat yourself on the back thread...but cool i will remember that I can buy from you thanks dude!
    I was hoping someone *cough* bossass *cough* would corraborate.
    ...so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Lurking and posting idiotic questions on TGR I have witnessed massive ski knowledge and mind blowing generosity. Also surprising patience (with my idiotic questions).

I salute you all. And thank you (for the patience with my idiotic questions).
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

Besides Rontele and Conundrum,

dfinn
    flatnshallow
    Crank
    300hp
    Montani Semper Liberi

ditto on 300hp - he rules.

I've bought and sold many pieces of gear here and I've never had a problem; admittedly, I generally don't buy from the lesser known among us. I'm also more willing to ship to a known Mag before payment arrives

I'm pretty easy to find, so I'd hate to be on the wrong end of the Maggot justice system. Heaven forbid we ever need a full time Maggot bounty hunter.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Great Transactions w/
    spread eagle
    corn dog
    Greguar
    pde20
    Below Zero

I bought a pair of Kryptons from a dude on epic who had 1 post. I made sure to send the check to his work address, that I verified via Google. Figured if I knew where he worked and had his name - I could work it out if there was a problem.

zero problems w/ anybody at this point - seems like a general consesus of goodness with a few bad apples every once in a while.

300hp, for the free +shipping Volkl Vectris V20s on which I spent most of the early part of the season.

kidwoo, for trading me a pair of 185 Big Stix 84s for a bottle of bourbon.

kchri and schindlerspiste, for free +shipping hand-me-downs of kids' skis.

Core Shot, for the 200 Kastle CarveMachine National Team GSes for $75 shipped, even if they do have Markers.
    not counting days 2016-17

comish and hwy2 get ups from me...

and SAC too, they've fukked over my credit card repeatedly, albeit always with my authorization...

^^Bump^^
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Ive had nothing but good experiences here, from the following folks I can remember

InfantileEgomaniac
    elchupanebre4
    powdercow
    jibco
    BS720
    workingforturns
    petecz
    bryanthebold
    bandofbrothers
    corn dog
    Dug