Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    ?? Thailand is nice. Well it was years ago when I was last there.
    He is saying he would probably drink/drug/STD himself to death.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Tahoe sux

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post

I sorta figured. Yeah if you can't resist copious amounts of hookers and heroin better stay in Bozeman

any more Bozeman advice? Where do most "transplants" live? Are there affordable housing/condo's?

Same for Tahoe, where is an "affordable" sub-$300k area close to things...this fall I saw nice homes on the Mt. Rose Hwy....

My vote is not SLC... I moved out here from chicago thinking since i am from a large metro area I would prefer SLC...

each day I am here I realize that I should have moved to bozeman instead... Cant beat afternoons after skiing having a few beers with the locals and their dogs running around.... just my .02

Didnt go tahoe route cuz housing is $$$ unless u live kinda far away...
    Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
    www.skimavrick.smugmug.com

Bozeman homes are $$$$....all mountain homes are $$$$. You should be able to find a condo or a small home in Btown for around 250ish and say around 1800ft or so....maybe.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    any more Bozeman advice? Where do most "transplants" live? Are there affordable housing/condo's?

Same for Tahoe, where is an "affordable" sub-$300k area close to things...this fall I saw nice homes on the Mt. Rose Hwy....
    Don't your parents live in town? Maybe different Gaffneys...

https://www.bozemanchamber.com/

I always bitched about house prices in Bozeman until I moved to Jackson and realized what an expensive market really was. Now Bozeman houses seem reasonable, and also there is a cool off there on prices with 3x more empty houses than buyers.

The transplants live throughtout Bozeman. It's all transplants. Houses are cheaper the farther outside of town you are, as they're pretty expensive near downtown. There are many parts of town that traffic is never an issue, I've gotten stuck in traffic maybe 5 times in the last 5 years. For about 15 minutes each.

The biggest con Bozeman has going on right now is year after year of shitty snow (which can't last forever) and average biking (not counting DH at Big Sky and a few awesome trails). Yes, the music scene is lacking, but it's much better than most cities this size, thanks to the college. And the winters can be REAL cold sometimes. Bridger gets packed, too. That's all I can think of for now.

btw I vote Bozeman 4 t3h w1n!!!! that;s just 'cuz I want morre BZN drinkin' buddies.

I keep hearing the word "traffic" thrown around in Bozeman. No such thing exists in Bozeman if you are moving from a reasonably sized metro area. The only things limiting traffic movement in Bozeman are poorly timed lights and drivers who can't recognize the color green.

Music scene sucks. Bar scene isn't great, isn't bad, but you sure aren't going to get the SoCal/AZ eye candy here. Outdoor play? Couldn't ask for more opportunity. 3 resorts within an 1.25 hour drive. Jackson and Targhee are 3-4. SLC is 6 or so. Multiple in BC as well. BC and slednecking abound.

Also, housing is cheap here. I pay $425 for rent + all utilities. People gasp here when they hear I'm paying that much. I live in a newish condo with laundry, dishwasher, garage, etc. I payed $425 for rent alone in the U-Dist of Seattle to live with 4 other people in a tiny little shitbox.

The limiting factor in Bozeman will be a decently paying job.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

which one of those towns has the most cute chicks(19-21)?

guess that depends on ur idea of cute chicks...... maybe u find women who dip to be more attractive than ones that dont... if thats the case boze is where u want to move...
    Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
    www.skimavrick.smugmug.com

There are plenty of decent chicks in Bozeman, especially 19-21 because it's a college town. Alka, who lives in Santa Cruz and spends the winters in Tahoe, mentioned how surprised he was to see a lot of decent chicks in Bozeman. I don't know if he'd say they were hotter than tahoe girls, maybe he can chime in, but I call bullshit on lack of hot chicks. There may be more in SLC, but most don't like to go outside. The ones that are active are spread out more than Bozeman, because people specifically move to Bozeman to be outside. High maintenance mall girls don't move to Montana to enjoy the -20 weather.

That being said, I did date a girl that dipped in Bozeman. Briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Cambodia's where it's at. He'd probably run out of money blowing up cows with RPGs before he died of anything though.

Engineering/tech job in Bozeman? You'd probably make more money as a bar tender....
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    That being said, I did date a girl that dipped in Bozeman. Briefly.
    Fuck yeah, I bet she was badass with a chainsaw, too.

female/male ratio has been on the up-and-up ever since I started in BZN. It may not be Arizona or California or Milan Italy, but it's better than where I live in WA - clusters around bases don't tend to have lots of single chicks, and Tacoma doesn't really seem to either.

When was the last time SLC had a bad ski season like this year?

Slippy wrote "The biggest con Bozeman has going on right now is year after year of shitty snow (which can't last forever)

Uh, Dude... last season was outta hand, the area where I work did 104 days of avalanche control. It was a very good ski/snow season. This year has been the shits but as we get back to average, the make up is gonna be fine.

And He wrote "and average biking (not counting DH at Big Sky and a few awesome trails)."

The DH at Big Sky blows dead cows. I can name 10 rides within an hour that are world class. You do have to be able to ride the bike uphill.

I guess the overall opinion here is either Tahoe or Bozeman.....

Where is an "affordable" sub-$300k area in Reno to live that would be convenient to the outdoors. When I was there in the fall there were tons of developments close to the Mt. Rose Hwy. Incline Village is $$$ right??

Reno/Tahoe would have more jobs......

60% go home

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    I guess the
    overall opinion here is either Tahoe or Bozeman.....

Where is an "affordable" sub-$300k area in Reno to live that would be convenient to the outdoors. When I was there in the fall there were tons of developments close to the Mt. Rose Hwy. Incline Village is $$$ right??

Reno/Tahoe would have more jobs......
    Bozeman changed for the worst in last five years...only gonna get worse as more dumb asses move here from the south and south west...stay home, go anywhere but here...ca, tx, as, fl, nm, you all fucking suck

Between February 2007 and now, that guy probably figured out where to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Between February 2007 and now, that guy probably figured out where to move.
    FZ must have a lot of pent up angst to dredge up a decade old thread and rant about people moving to bozone.

he probably ran out of meth and had that moment of clarity ......
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

FZ is good people and actually grew up here...It is truly amazing how much constant traffic there is here now. And I don't know what kind of sellout deal exists between the developers and the politicians but it must be pretty lucrative. All this dense housing going in now faster than Bridger gets tracked out on a pow day, and the streets are FULL at almost all hours of the day and night...They should have made them all 5 lanes when they made them 3 cause this is getting nuts. Affordable housing, ok well, where are they going to put all these cars is my question cause the "improved" streets are already full and the apartment complexes are going up at an exponential rate all over the periphery of the city.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Moved to SLC last March. The skiing goes without saying , however still not a huge fan of SLC the city... prob relocating to Park City in about 6 monthish.

Reasons

1. Inversions
    2. Mediocre food outside of the Asian/Japanese and Mexican Culinary realms. Coming from ATL this is a bummer. Do have chick fil a though so it could be worse
    3. SLC outside of mountains is not a very aesthetic city , especially compared to Atlanta with its abundant foliage and tasteful architecture.

4. Mormon factor

All in all, very happy here bc I’m 20 minutes away from LCC, but the aforementioned reasons detract from the overall living experience

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    FZ is good people and actually grew up here...It is truly amazing how much constant traffic there is here now. And I don't know what kind of sellout deal exists between the developers and the politicians but it must be pretty lucrative. All this dense housing going in now faster than Bridger gets tracked out on a pow day, and the streets are FULL at almost all hours of the day and night...They should have made them all 5 lanes when they made them 3 cause this is getting nuts. Affordable housing, ok well, where are they going to put all these cars is my question cause the "improved" streets are already full and the apartment complexes are going up at an exponential rate all over the periphery of the city.
    This really bums me out, having grown up there, too.

I've been wanting to get back to spend time with my awesome folks as they age, but it's likely that none of us will be able to handle the place!