? for the CPA types

Any tax issues that doug or myself need to be considering with his collection?
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

There shouldn't be a problem. The "gift" limit is $10K, so that would mean everyone could donate up to $9,999 and there wouldn't be a problem. Of course this comes from an accountant that hasn't even balanced his own checking account in 5 years and never even attempted the CPA exam.

Good Luck,
    Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I am PMing UTDave. He should have the answers we need.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

What mnflyfish said.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

gift tax

$12k gift per donee, per year= Exclusion Gift = no gift or estate tax consequences. Gift over 12k = you start to use your 1 million lifetime gift tax exemption. This also depleates the unified credit you have left for you estate tax return. Currently this unifed credit is 2 milion.

You may also, in addition to the 12k per donee, pay education or medical expenses for anyone with no gift/estate tax problems. the check must go directly to the institution (School , hospital, etc) to receive this exempt transfer status.

There is no income tax on the receipt of the gift and no deduction for the donor.

To make a deductible gift the donee must have received certification of tax-exemt status from the IRS: 503(c) is the code section.

This is not legal advice, please consult your estate tax attorney for the details as they apply to any specific situation.

Quote Originally Posted by amatog View Post
    $12k gift per donee, per year= Exclusion Gift = no gift or estate tax consequences. Gift over 12k = you start to use your 1 million lifetime gift tax exemption. This also depleates the unified credit you have left for you estate tax return. Currently this unifed credit is 2 milion.

You may also, in addition to the 12k per donee, pay education or medical expenses for anyone with no gift/estate tax problems. the check must go directly to the institution (School , hospital, etc) to receive this exempt transfer status.

There is no income tax on the receipt of the gift and no deduction for the donor.

To make a deductible gift the donee must have received certification of tax-exemt status from the IRS: 503(c) is the code section.

This is not legal advice, please consult your estate tax attorney for the details as they apply to any specific situation.
    Again since I'm requested I'll just quote the right answer.