Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lost

My prediction for the finale tonight: Hurley's gonna OD on papaya.

I want to see John Locke rise from the dead like Jesus.

Does that make Jesus a zombie? It's been plaguing me for what must be minutes.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Unless he tried to eat the apostles' brains I don't think so.

ya know, i thought jack looked older with that beard. nice work writer guys.

just confused about the "go upstairs and ask my father....or something" part. was he just hizzigh?

charlie could've made it, but i call bullshit on the code song. he's never played a radio jammer before.
    fine

Good finale. I knew a harpoon to the heart couldn't stop Patchy.

it was a good way to end the season. I like how they did a future flashforward to start to tie the show together and prepare for an eventual conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    ya know, i thought jack looked older with that beard. nice work writer guys.

just confused about the "go upstairs and ask my father....or something" part. was he just hizzigh?

charlie could've made it, but i call bullshit on the code song. he's never played a radio jammer before.
    That was the first thing that I thought of when it was revealed the flashbacks were actually flashforwards.

I couldn't figure out why Charlie didn't run out of the room when he saw the grenade. You could lock the door from the outside so that made no sense to me.

Sawyer is turning out to be a serial killer. That's was the third murder in a couple months for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I couldn't figure out why Charlie didn't run out of the room when he saw the grenade. You could lock the door from the outside so that made no sense to me.
    I think we just have to assume he knew he had to die this time. It also seemed like he could have just swam through the blown out window once the room was entirely filled with water.

How about the aging thing? A couple weeks ago we saw that Ben seemed to catch up in age to the guy who wears all the eye makeup (Richard). Now Walt appears and he's muh older than he was last time we saw him. Based on this it seems like there are two possibilities:

1. Kids who come to the island, but are born elsewhere mature faster while on the island. I say this because Alex was born on the island and doesn't seem to have aged disproportionately (although she definitely looks older than 16).

2. There's some kind of time rift on the island and time there moves more slowly than on the mainland. This would imply that Ben left the island for a significant amount of time at some point that allowed him to "catch up" to Richard. This would explain Walt being older since he and Michael left the island last season.

Did anyone else notice they threw out a clue or two that Jack's flashbacks were actually flash forwards? When he first used his cell phone I was thinking that it was a model not available in 2004 when the crash occurred.

edit: I see a lot of people are speculating that from here on out we'll see the characters back on the mainland and we'll get flashbacks of their time on the island to piece together what happened and how they got rescued.

Who was in the coffin??
    Last edited by The AD; 05-24-2007 at 09:23 AM.

I would have thought that being on the island for as long as they have, Hurley might have lost a few pounds
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I thought they made a real point of emphasizing everyone in the neighbourhood around the funeral was black. So I figured the funeral was either for Walt's Dad or maybe Rose. I would think Rose would have some people there though.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

That's true, but they may have just been emphasizing the funeral was in a poor area and that whoever died had neither friends nor money.

A lot of people think it was Michael because of the neighborhood and apparently the news article Jack cut out was about the death of a New York man. It's not quite readable on the screen caps, but there are words like "tower" and "beam" that indicate that maybe it was a construction accident. I think it could be Michael, but I also think it could have been Ben (the casket was pretty small). Perhaps Ben was rescued with the rest of them and struggled to fit in on the mainland and died without anyone caring. The whole episode was about a showdown between Jack and Ben and so the coffin could have been symbolic of Jack finally accepting that Ben was dead.

Regarding Charlie, I think the AD is right--Charlie thought he had to die for everything to happen as Desmond saw it, and so he went through with it, even if he could have escaped.

But what I don't get is why was Penny the "incoming message"? Was it just random good luck that her signal got through on the first try, or was she already communicating with the station in some way? Seems a bit suspicious.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    I think Locke is in the casket.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    A lot of people think it was Michael because of the neighborhood and apparently the news article Jack cut out was about the death of a New York man. It's not quite readable on the screen caps, but there are words like "tower" and "beam" that indicate that maybe it was a construction accident. I think it could be Michael, but I also think it could have been Ben (the casket was pretty small). Perhaps Ben was rescued with the rest of them and struggled to fit in on the mainland and died without anyone caring. The whole episode was about a showdown between Jack and Ben and so the coffin could have been symbolic of Jack finally accepting that Ben was dead.

Regarding Charlie, I think the AD is right--Charlie thought he had to die for everything to happen as Desmond saw it, and so he went through with it, even if he could have escaped.

But what I don't get is why was Penny the "incoming message"? Was it just random good luck that her signal got through on the first try, or was she already communicating with the station in some way? Seems a bit suspicious.

I think Penny's Dad is involved with Dharma in someway. There' s no way Penny's signal just randomly got picked up by the Looking Glass...I also think it was either Ben or Locke in the casket...
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

By the way, did anyone else think Walt looked too old? Maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe the actor has just shot up in the year since we've seen him, but to me it seemed like a conscious effort to make him seem older since we last saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    By the way, did anyone else think Walt looked too old? Maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe the actor has just shot up in the year since we've seen him, but to me it seemed like a conscious effort to make him seem older since we last saw him.
    Very true. I think ageing on and off the island is something that will be explained eventually. Mr Makeup definitely hasn't aged at all, but he has left the island for a period of time (to get Juliette to join the team)...

funny, I thought with the camera angles they used, and by dressing him in the same old island outfit, that there was a conscious effort to try to make him appear the same age.

1. Kids who come to the island, but are born elsewhere mature faster while on the island. I say this because Alex was born on the island and doesn't seem to have aged disproportionately (although she definitely looks older than 16).

2. There's some kind of time rift on the island and time there moves more slowly than on the mainland. This would imply that Ben left the island for a significant amount of time at some point that allowed him to "catch up" to Richard. This would explain Walt being older since he and Michael left the island last season.
    the actor who plays walt hit puberty after the first season. the writers adjusted, there's no aging weirdness. that baby's only like 2-3 months old.

the girl in the car - i think that's clare. the kid in the hospital who waved was probably aaron.
    fine

the girl in the car - i think that's clare. the kid in the hospital who waved was probably aaron.
    Nice one....Didn't catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Nice one....Didn't catch that.
    The one who crashed? I don't think so.

the actor who plays walt hit puberty after the first season. the writers adjusted, there's no aging weirdness. that baby's only like 2-3 months old.

The doctors in the hospital kept referring to the woman by her name when she was hospitalized, anyone care to research that?

Why is the one-eyed guy invincable? Apparently Locke is, too.

My vote is for Locke in the casket since he's been established as having no family or friends. My buddy sent me this this morning:

Couple of things that didn't seem to fit, though could be explained by Jack's drug-use and perhaps some sort of legal pardon...

Jack spoke to the doctor @ his father being drunk (telling him to call his father to see if he was drunker than Jack) and later about his father's practice with the pharmacist in the present tense (as though his father is alive?).

Kate is not in jail and apparently not fearful of being found.

When Sawyer killed Lock's father, Sawyer became a killer. If Lock killed his dad then he would have become a killer and he would have killed Jack. It was kind of weird when Sawyer killed Tom, and when Lock doesn't kill Jack he says something like, "It isn't supposed to happen like this."

WHO is jack's dad and what part does he take in the island (he is obviously connected to it somehow).

Is Ben the dead man in the coffin?? (million questions there)

The blondie is going to get off the island shortly into S4.. but what happens to the rest, and why?

The survivors have the upper hand in the island now... now what??

What's going on with Locke?? what's his new role and why/how?

Who is Jacob? Why does he need locke's help?

Why did the Russian blow the station if he obviously wanted to have the option to get out?

The name of the funeral home in the flashforwad is "Hoffs/Drawlar" which is an anagram for "FLASHFORWARD"

in my humble opinion the overhead shot of the coffin, the reaction Kate gave, and Jack stating that he was neither friend nor family gave away who was inside.

Ben.

1. The coffin was small, really small.
    2. Kate asked Jack why she would be interested in that funeral.
    3. Jack was neither friend nor family to Ben.

It's obvious that Jack just can't let go.

And my favorite line, after Alex and Danielle are re-united after so long: "Help me tie your father up."

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay View Post
    WHO is jack's dad and what part does he take in the island (he is obviously connected to it somehow).
    Keep in mind Christian Shephard is also Claire's dad!

The one who crashed? I don't think so.
    you're just mad b/c nobody's going with your aging theories, or responding to them even after two posts.
    fine

Something interesting about Locke. He couldn't kill his dad--someone who "deserved to die" if there ever was one, never killed Ben or even Jack last night, but had no reservations about throwing a knife at Naomi and presumably killing her.

he didn't know her and she was an equivalent of the submarine?
    fine